Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Eating cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, long time no see.

Just wondering about eating cannabis, as I want to take it without smoking it. I'm aware that you can put it into tea, cakes, etc. but because of the bloody stupid law here it'd be difficult to do that without being prosecuted so I want to know about eating it in its pure form. Have any of you tried it or have any good advice about it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'm not sure if it's advisable tbh like i haven't heard any good stories from it

ps. cannabis is illegal in any form, in any guise, it doesn't matter if it's in a cake or not, it's still Class C
    Why don't you just smoke it? What makes putting it in a cake more obvious than it not being in a cake? And people eat has all the time...
    Eating often has stronger effects and lasts a lot longer, so careful how much u eat, u wont sober up very fast
    just lob a lump in your gob and swallow.
    Hi all, long time no see.

Just wondering about eating cannabis, as I want to take it without smoking it. I'm aware that you can put it into tea, cakes, etc. but because of the bloody stupid law here it'd be difficult to do that without being prosecuted so I want to know about eating it in its pure form. Have any of you tried it or have any good advice about it?

You wouldn't be prosecuted for a small amount, and anyway, how are the police going to catch you making a hashcake anyhow :confused: .
    Spliffie wrote:
    You wouldn't be prosecuted for a small amount, and anyway, how are the police going to catch you making a hashcake anyhow :confused: .

I didn't know you could get away with a small amount. That sounds good but how much would you define by a small amount? Come to think of it though it may not be a big deal. Although it'll be fairly clear to the neighbours (which is how the police would get to know) what I'm doing I doubt they'll actually care. However I'm not actually the owner of my home so it would be the owner getting into trouble, which is why I don't even want to risk it. So not sure

Why don't you just smoke it? What makes putting it in a cake more obvious than it not being in a cake? And people eat has all the time...

I don't want the tobacco or the smoke, I want the cannabis itself

ps. cannabis is illegal in any form, in any guise, it doesn't matter if it's in a cake or not, it's still Class C

I am fully aware of this
    have u actually ever been stoned before?
    Have smoked it with tobacco, though haven't really got stoned on it. Why do u ask?
    seriously mate, the chances of the police banging on your door for smoking cannabis is practically zero, just put it in a youghart
    Well to be honest, you dont sound like a very experienced toker, i would suggest getting stoned of smoking it first before u go eating it. How much are you paying for it?
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    How much are you paying for it?

that's irrelevant tbh
    i know, im just wondering
    I'd like to eat soem pills right about now :yes:
    Cannabis can be very strong when taken orally, its best to take a little and see how you go, remember it can take over an hour to kick in fully, and leave at least 5 or 6 hours free where you dont have to drive or be totally sober.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Well to be honest, you dont sound like a very experienced toker, i would suggest getting stoned of smoking it first before u go eating it. How much are you paying for it?

I get it off other people, so I don't have to pay anything for it. I find it quite difficult to get stoned from smoking + I don't like smoking much which is why I've been thinking of eating it. Though I'm starting to think I'm not too bothered about getting into the drug. Beer seems to give me more of a buzz. Presumably it helps if you smoke cannabis more often as it doesn't tend to be a regular thing?

yea eating it can give you a real kick and you never know when top expect it to work... but if it's resin just crumble it up and then eat, as this helps the cannabanoids to be broken up inside your stomach.... and then sit back relax and enjoy!!!

It's basically just ordinary hash. I've read that you need to heat it up for the cannabinoids to become active. Guess if you can get a kick from resin without heating it that is ideal. Have you tried the other forms of the drug or only resin?
    It makes no odds what you do with it, for some reason people seem to think you have to heat it, that makes NO difference at all, all you need to do is just eat it, be it hash or cannabis leaf.
    I didn't know you could get away with a small amount. That sounds good but how much would you define by a small amount? Come to think of it though it may not be a big deal. Although it'll be fairly clear to the neighbours (which is how the police would get to know) what I'm doing I doubt they'll actually care. However I'm not actually the owner of my home so it would be the owner getting into trouble, which is why I don't even want to risk it. So not sure

If you're under 18 then it's more of a problem - if you're over 18 then a personal amount won't even get you a caution. It's only if they believe you're intending to supply (you've got 9 ounces cut into halfs and quarters for example).

People can get away with about 9 ounces so long as it isn't bagged/cut up for selling, so there's no realistic need to be worried.

If you're not smoking pungent-smelling weed, how are your neighbours to know?
    I get it off other people, so I don't have to pay anything for it. I find it quite difficult to get stoned from smoking + I don't like smoking much which is why I've been thinking of eating it. Though I'm starting to think I'm not too bothered about getting into the drug. Beer seems to give me more of a buzz. Presumably it helps if you smoke cannabis more often as it doesn't tend to be a regular thing?

yea eating it can give you a real kick and you never know when top expect it to work... but if it's resin just crumble it up and then eat, as this helps the cannabanoids to be broken up inside your stomach.... and then sit back relax and enjoy!!!

It's basically just ordinary hash. I've read that you need to heat it up for the cannabinoids to become active. Guess if you can get a kick from resin without heating it that is ideal. Have you tried the other forms of the drug or only resin?

Resin probably = soapbar. Best avoided.
    Spliffie wrote:
    People can get away with about 9 ounces so long as it isn't bagged/cut up for selling, so there's no realistic need to be worried.

There is a big difference between can get away with, and will get away with. there are more than a few police authorities who will take great pleasure in busting you for that amount.

I'd say anything over a 1/2 ounce is risking it.
    [QUOTE=Spliffie

If you're not smoking pungent-smelling weed, how are your neighbours to know?[/QUOTE]

Can see me use it, but come to think of it this is not the real problem. Just discovered it is actually against the rules of the house to use it. Guess that rules out the possibility of making it into a tea. I have given away the hash now though

It would just be nice if there were more clear information about the drug. Why do people say that you need to heat it when it's not actually the case and stuff like that?
    Can see me use it, but come to think of it this is not the real problem. Just discovered it is actually against the rules of the house to use it. Guess that rules out the possibility of making it into a tea. I have given away the hash now though

It would just be nice if there were more clear information about the drug. Why do people say that you need to heat it when it's not actually the case and stuff like that?

If you are worried about people seeing you go for a walk, wander to your local park maybe.

What do you mean against the rules of the house?

As for why people say it? I dont know, why do people say you should drink orange juice to stave off a bad trip. Its just something they have picked up and they think its true.
    bongbudda wrote:
    If you are worried about people seeing you go for a walk, wander to your local park maybe.

What do you mean against the rules of the house?

As for why people say it? I dont know, why do people say you should drink orange juice to stave off a bad trip. Its just something they have picked up and they think its true.

I mean that I'm not allowed to take it at home, so it would need to be taken elsewhere if I wanted to. I don't know why but that seems to be the way it is.

Guess the law doesn't seem too clear, but I'm all for legalising hash. Alcohol seems more dangerous and a lot of people don't get messed up by that. Not so sure about resin and oil though.

Wonder if the tobacco manufacturers are trying to make money by telling people to heat it? I expect they must have got round to the reasons people buy roll-up tobacco by now
    OK, it was just the way you said The Home, as though it was an institution or somewhere, its really none of my business where or with whom you live.

I doubt it has anything to do with smoking, its just people thought you had to disolve it first, but you dont have to.

The law is clear, its just people dont understand it because the government were crap about advertising the change.

Basically now, if you are smoking at home, inside in only personal amounts then they wont come after you. It isnt legal to do this, but they have said they wont chase you for it.

However, holding more than a personal supply or consuming it in public can get you arrested and charged. They still have all the same rights as before about taking you to court, but they have chosen not to use them.
    Does seem rather complex. Of course they are thinking of making it Class B again now. Think it is to do with an increase in cannabis use after decriminalisation or something
    Except there hasnt been a noticable increase at all.

Basically there have been some scientific papers come out saying that early heavy use can increase your risk of mental illness. Which we already knew but didnt know for scientific fact.

So, the Tabloids, wanting to make a story out of it get hold of this word 'skunk' and not really knowing what it means bandy it about as though they know what they are talking about. Its 100 times stronger than it used to be, it turns you mad etc etc. All of which is rubbish.

The Government suddenly looks soft on drugs, so to stave off comments about this new (which isnt new) 'skunk' they say that they will 'review' the change of law. This means they will think about it a bit and then probably not do anything.
    I dont smoke it any more myself, but seeing the mess it makes of people I can understand it being class B. Talking to a heavy user is like banging your head against a wall, it turns you into a complete idiot unless you control your usage.

As for turning you mad, do you know for a fact it doesn't? I know heavy smokers who've had alot of problems and if you spend some time with them it's obvious whats done it to them and they refuse to stop even though they know.
    Vray wrote:
    I know heavy smokers who've had alot of problems and if you spend some time with them it's obvious whats done it to them and they refuse to stop even though they know.

same with any drug really
    [QUOTE=Spliffie

If you're not smoking pungent-smelling weed, how are your neighbours to know?

It would just be nice if there were more clear information about the drug. Why do people say that you need to heat it when it's not actually the case and stuff like that?[/QUOTE]
    why does john the hippy believe brown heroin started out as white heroin? cos he is ignorant of the truth.
    he believes what he's saying and all this bad information gets regurgitated.
    the government and media help to fuel the misinformation.
    turlough wrote:
    same with any drug really

Yes but with most drugs the risk of using them too often is obvious, with cannabis people do it like it's a part of life and probably dont realize how annoying they've become.
    Vray wrote:
    Yes but with most drugs the risk of using them too often is obvious, with cannabis people do it like it's a part of life and probably dont realize how annoying they've become.

yeh know what ya mean...i was close to going down that road, in fact i was close to going down a very bad road involved with drugs but i turned back at the last second, and it's really depressng looking at some of your mates who've totally changed and you can't do anything to help them really...drugs are good in moderation, anything after that is stupid