Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eating cannabis

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    I've seen more people have 'epidodes' om shrooms than I have LSD. I had convulsions on ordinary liberty caps.

Ah, so all the people at risk are flocking to you, along with all the safest LSD. No wonder the worlds researchers haven't been able to find them.
    Vray wrote:
    So even though I've told you the reason I use them, which is as far from being a play thing as it gets, you tell me they aren't play things and say I have an immature attitude? Dont try to make me out to be talking about the risks of all drugs when anyone reading it knows we're talking about mushrooms. If I'm talking about another drug I'll say it.

Thanks for telling me yet again there are risks involved, even though we clearly established that a few pages ago. The risk is low, I've even gone into detail about how low, so unless you have a good explenation for why you keep trying to make me look wrong about something, then lets hear it. As it is you're just saying the same thing over and over again.

Yes, the risk is low, but you seem to think that there are *no* risks - this is not true. All drugs carry risks. As I said - go and chat to your local dual diagnosis team.
    yawn8xh.jpg
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, the risk is low, but you seem to think that there are *no* risks - this is not true.

What on earth are you on about now? Have you read anything here?

I said there are risks, I went into detail about what the risks are, just one post before this is I said there are risks. Now you're saying I think there are NO risks?
    Vray wrote:
    What on earth are you on about now? Have you read anything here?

I said there are risks, I went into detail about what the risks are, just one post before this is I said there are risks. Now you're saying I think there are NO risks?

Do you want me to quote you?
    Yes please. Then I can prove you need to improve your reading skills.
    Vray wrote:
    I dont know, shrooms are class A yet they're no threat to anyone. Then you have tobacco and alcohol being legal while both are major health threats...so none of it makes any sense to me :confused:
    Vray wrote:
    Mind explaining that opinion? It's hard to have a conversation about something if the only thing you can say is im wrong and you're right.

What if we sell them to someone with mental heath problems? What if someone doesn't know they're allergic to nuts, someone sells him a ton and he dies? You weigh the risks, life is full of them. If something has obvious risks that effect the masses then it's a problem, shrooms aren't in that category.
    Vray wrote:
    As I said and as research has proven, the risks are low.

If you're not careful with a sharp knife theres a risk you can seriously wound yourself and die. We still use them every day without even thinking about that, because most of us are born with common sense.

You appear to be saying that shrooms are only harmful to people with pre-existing mental health problems or to people with no common sense. I am arguing that, while shrooms carry relatively low risks, to approach them with the attitude that you seem to, is naive and a bit stupid.
    The only thing there where I've said there are no risks is the first quote.

Ok, now even ignoring the fact I've said there are risks countless times since that quote, go back just 1 page and you'll see I wrote this:
    Vray wrote:
    Yes at first I made an off hand remark about them being no risk to anybody, I thought most people here knew about the feelings many people have towards the ban and the way it was handled and wouldn't take it so literally. When I realized it was taken literally I said there were risks and I dont think I'm out of line in saying the risks are extremely low.

Saying I think there are no risks at all at this point is whats stupid.
    is there any point any longer?
    Vray wrote:
    The only thing there where I've said there are no risks is the first quote.

Ok, now even ignoring the fact I've said there are risks countless times since that quote, go back just 1 page and you'll see I wrote this:

Saying I think there are no risks at all at this point is whats stupid.

:banghead:
    Not really morrocan, except to make baseless claims that I'm wrong about something.
    Vray wrote:
    Not really morrocan, except to make baseless claims that I'm wrong about something.

Its more your attitude.
    eating cannabis?
    just swallow it ...
    Blagsta wrote:
    Its more your attitude.

Coming from the person who keeps saying there are some risks when we already know, then getting frustrated because you cant back up things you post?
    Vray wrote:
    Coming from the person who keeps saying there are some risks when we already know, then getting frustrated because you cant back up things you post?

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I base my opnions on over 15 years of drug use and over 2 years of working for a drug service. Yes, drugs can be a lot of fun, but they can also be a lot more damaging than you seem to think. Be careful. :)
    The only experience with any relevance to this is magic mushrooms. Your experience with those is that there are some risks, and I've been agreeing with that. You seem unfamiliar with the level of risk, so I explained it. Nobody has been able to prove that information wrong and it's based on what we know about them. To suggest the risk level is any higher is giving false information to anyone reading this site.

Hopefully we're all happy.
    I'm very familiar with the level of risk thanks. Its you that appears fairly naive and giving out false impressions.

[edit]
    I agree that the risks are relatively low in comparison with a lot of other drugs. You however seem to think that the risks only apply to people with obviously pre-existing mental health problems - this is not true ime. They pose low but serious risks to anyone. Now this does not mean that I think they should be Class A or indeed illegal at all (I've already stated my position on legalising drugs). However I think there needs to be more honesty on both sides of the debate. The "criminalise drugs" lobby need to be more honest with their assessment of risks and social harm, but the legalise lobby also need to be honest, in fact I think they have the duty to be scrupulously honest, more so than the criminalise lot. This means honestly appraising the risks of drug taking and not making idiotic analogies with kitchen knives for instance.
    Then back it up with something and stop throwing the word 'drugs' in to speak about general risks when we're talking about the level of a specific type.
    See my edit.
    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
    Blagsta wrote:
    I agree that the risks are relatively low in comparison with a lot of other drugs. You however seem to think that the risks only apply to people with obviously pre-existing mental health problems - this is not true ime. They pose low but serious risks to anyone. Now this does not mean that I think they should be Class A or indeed illegal at all (I've already stated my position on legalising drugs). However I think there needs to be more honesty on both sides of the debate. The "criminalise drugs" lobby need to be more honest with their assessment of risks and social harm, but the legalise lobby also need to be honest, in fact I think they have the duty to be scrupulously honest, more so than the criminalise lot. This means honestly appraising the risks of drug taking and not making idiotic analogies with kitchen knives for instance.

I agree with most of that. Theres little if any evidence as far as I know to suggest someone with no obvious pre-existing mental health problems is at risk, but we wont always know what goes on in someone elses head so of course there will be exceptions and it could unlock some underlayng problem. I'd call those people mentally unstable because it's already there and could happen at any time.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Vray wrote:
    Ah, so all the people at risk are flocking to you, along with all the safest LSD. No wonder the worlds researchers haven't been able to find them.

What's your problem mate?
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm going by 15 years experience of seeing seemingly previously sorted stable people fuck up because of supposedly "harmless" drugs - I'm thinking of one particular woman who had to be sectioned after taking shrooms.
    Yes, drugs can be fun and for most people present no serious problems - but please don't underplay the risks - they are very real, no matter how low they are. That's all really.
    I've never disagreed that some drugs are dangerous for many people, only shrooms. If someone has to be sectioned after eating them I would have thought she wasn't completely normal before or just didn't realise the effect was temporary, I'd say it's a rare case if she was left with long term damage but it's always a possibility.
    :banghead:
    :rolleyes:
    Vray wrote:
    Oh and regarding LSD, since I was accused of talking bullshit about the effects being different. This from a debate in parliament on clause 21:

"My noble friend said at Second Reading that magic mushrooms could have damaging, hallucinatory effects equivalent to those of LSD. That is certainly not my clinical experience. LSD can cause alarming hallucinations that may have lasting effects. But I have never met anyone who has come to any harm from the use of magic mushrooms."

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld199900/ldhansrd/pdvn/lds05/text/50406-28.htm

Werent you saying earlier that the government didnt know what it was talking about?

Mushrooms are just as able to create 'alarming' hallucinations as LSD is, the main difference between the two is the length of the action of LSD.
    The government didn't go through the proper process to ban mushrooms, thats all I said. It wasn't really up for debate they just decided it was going to happen and rushed it into effect.

Hallucinations can be alarming on shrooms too but it's the lasting effects that come with LSD, which it what I've personally found with them too. Any hallucinogen will affect your visual perception but they can still be different.
    I just dont think you can generalise, some people have after effects from LSD, others dont, personally I think virtually all the 'comedown' from LSD is just exhaustion rather than any bio-chemical reaction to the drug.

LSD is just as dangerous to some, as mushies is to others, they have differences but in terms of their dangers they are very similar if they are not treated with respect.
    Yeah i agree they both can be dangerous to some. I've had lingering effects from LSD months later like anxiety or paranoia, I'd say years later but I couldn't back that up with proof it's just a gut feeling. Like you said there will be others who've had no problems with LSD and some who have with shrooms, the risk with LSD is greater than mushroms but still low, thats just my opinion.