Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Eating cannabis

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Vray wrote:
    Like you said there will be others who've had no problems with LSD and some who have with shrooms, the risk with LSD is greater than mushroms but still low, thats just my opinion.

There wasnt really need for it to extend to this long and drawn out debate, it was just your comment about people being 'idiots' if they had problems with hallucinogens. This irritated me because I have seen friends of mine, smart people have trouble.
    I said people who feel like killing themselves are idiots, not those who have problems. A bad trip can be horrible but seriously considering killing yourself is another matter, they should start with a lighter dose or not at all if it has that effect.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think the point is that there is no way of telling what your reaction is until you take it, which is one of the major risks involved.
    Yes, everyone is different and will react differently to each drug they take.
    Vray wrote:
    I said people who feel like killing themselves are idiots, not those who have problems. A bad trip can be horrible but seriously considering killing yourself is another matter, they should start with a lighter dose or not at all if it has that effect.

And I told you thats insulting and irritating, why are they idiots? Would you tell someone normally who wanted to kill themselves that they were an idiot? If so I presume you have had no experience of suicidal people at all.
    Vray; What are you on about? If someone who has mental problems takes shrooms and they don't really know they have got mental problems the result will not be good.

Shrooms fuck with your head something serious, the last time i took them was at a festival and didn't enjoy it at all, too many people and too much shite going through my head.

I'd far rather LSD anyday.
    If someone wanted to kill themselves normally they'd be an idiot without a good reason. If they decide to eat hallucinogenic muchrooms of their own free will then dont like it and want to kill themselves, then yes they're idiots in my book.
    Vray wrote:
    If someone wanted to kill themselves normally they'd be an idiot without a good reason. If they decide to eat hallucinogenic muchrooms of their own free will then dont like it and want to kill themselves, then yes they're idiots in my book.

Well I'll refrain from the tirade of abuse I think is the valid response to this and just suggest that you are a little more compassionate if you ever have personal dealings with someone who has serious depression.
    Shogun wrote:
    Vray; What are you on about? If someone who has mental problems takes shrooms and they don't really know they have got mental problems the result will not be good.

Shrooms fuck with your head something serious, the last time i took them was at a festival and didn't enjoy it at all, too many people and too much shite going through my head.

I'd far rather LSD anyday.

We've been over this already. Not enjoying it and being a health risk are different things, and we've already agreed there are risks so lets not go over that again.
    bongbudda wrote:
    someone who has serious depression.

Serious depression is a reason to contemplate suicide, which is different to contemplating suicide while on mushrooms.
    But what about someone who takes mushrooms and then wants to kill themselves? you think they'r an idiot?

Your the idiot i'm sorry to say. Mushrooms take you away from reality and you don't really have a clue what your doing..so someone isn't an idiot, it's just the shrooms. And when do you hear of people killing themselves on shrooms? very rarely.
    Shogun wrote:
    And when do you hear of people killing themselves on shrooms? very rarely.

Thank you, virtually never. Thats exactly what I'm saying.
    Vray wrote:

Can you not see how this is grossly unsympathetic and totally self centered? If you cant then there really is no point in debating anything.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Can you not see how this is grossly unsympathetic and totally self centered? If you cant then there really is no point in debating anything.

When you consider suicide normally theres a reason for it, like you said serious depression. You dont just wake up one day and decide to kill yourself out of the blue with no apparent reason.

Shrooms give a temporary effect, people know that when they take them. You can feel depressed or scared on them but unless you take such a stupid amount that you're unable to remember you're tripping then theres no reason to kill yourself. If you are at that point then you took far more than you can handle and got yourself into a fatal mess that almost all other people manage to avoid, which in itself isn't very clever is it.
    Not treating them with respect isnt clever no, but it doesnt have to be a huge dose for people to react badly.

I ask again, can you not see that the term 'idiot' is unhelpful, insulting and grossly self centered?
    Well which are we talking about here, reacting badly or reacting suicidally?
    Vray wrote:
    Well which are we talking about here, reacting badly or reacting suicidally?

Well both, you've called both groups 'idiots'.
    Where did I say reacting badly makes you an idiot?

Reacting badly isn't nearly as extreme as wanting to kill yourself.
    Vray wrote:

Lets look at this quote again shall we.

First of all you call anyone who ever wants to kill themselves an idiot, which is insulting, unsensitive and generally unsympathetic.

Secondly you go on to say that someone who takes mushrooms and then wants to kill themselves is also an idiot, this again is insulting, unsensitive and generally unsympathetic.

I will tell you again, that I have been there with friends, both with hallucinogenics and from other causes, on niether occasion were they idiots and it is an insult to call them that.
    Vray wrote:
    Shrooms give a temporary effect, people know that when they take them. You can feel depressed or scared on them but unless you take such a stupid amount that you're unable to remember you're tripping then theres no reason to kill yourself. If you are at that point then you took far more than you can handle and got yourself into a fatal mess that almost all other people manage to avoid, which in itself isn't very clever is it.

But can't you see that this is what makes taking them risky? The drug will react differently with everyone, you can't know the dosage of psychoactive in what you are taking, it is really easy to take 'too much', and if it doesn't agree with you then you could find yourself in some serious trouble. What you are saying, in a far from charming or sympathetic way, is that mushrooms have little risk for you as an individual. That is fine, but you can't then go on to say, therefore taking mushrooms isn't risky.
    bongbudda wrote:
    First of all you call anyone who ever wants to kill themselves an idiot, which is insulting, unsensitive and generally unsympathetic.

Whats the point in quoting me then saying I said something which isn't even in the quote? I said without good reason, in other words killing themselves for no reason. I'm sure the majority of people that feel suicidal have reasons for it.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Secondly you go on to say that someone who takes mushrooms and then wants to kill themselves is also an idiot, this again is insulting, unsensitive and generally unsympathetic.

If you say so. I've said why I'd call those people idiots, whoever 'those people' are, if you dont think so then you're entitled to your own opinion of them.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I will tell you again, that I have been there with friends, both with hallucinogenics and from other causes, on niether occasion were they idiots and it is an insult to call them that.

What other cases are we talking about that have any relevance to this conversation? You've been there with friends who want to kill themselves on mushrooms? By 'friends' you mean more than one of your friends has wanted to kill themselves on mushrooms with you?

Ever considered you shouldn't be there when your friends do mushrooms, because that isn't normal...
    This is all getting a bit personal, lets stick to the topic thanks.
    LadyJade wrote:
    But can't you see that this is what makes taking them risky? The drug will react differently with everyone, you can't know the dosage of psychoactive in what you are taking, it is really easy to take 'too much', and if it doesn't agree with you then you could find yourself in some serious trouble. What you are saying, in a far from charming or sympathetic way, is that mushrooms have little risk for you as an individul. That is fine, but you cn't thne go on to say, therefore mushrooms aren't risky.

Oh lord...

Are we back to saying I've said things that I haven't again? I'll say it again, loud and clear...

There are risks, the risks are low. Yes if you feel it necessary to quote me, extremely low.

I'm not talking about your friend who had this bad trip once or took too much and didn't like it, or your other friend who got depressed for some completely unrelated reason and contemplated suicide. I'm talking about health risks from shrooms, damaging risks, real risks that go on to affect you after it's finished that actually mean something.
    OK, whatever, I cant be bothered.

I'm normally more than willing to debate these things till they get to a decent end, but this is a topic which I really dont think I want to discuss with you.

You have come across to me as heartless, unsympathetic and without any experience of suicide at all. But I am willing to think that maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick with this, however I am more than inclined to think you an objectionable arse.
    I think you are missing the point, but I concur with Bongbudda on this one, we aren't getting anywhere.
    bongbudda wrote:
    OK, whatever, I cant be bothered.

I'm normally more than willing to debate these things till they get to a decent end, but this is a topic which I really dont think I want to discuss with you.

You have come across to me as heartless, unsympathetic and without any experience of suicide at all. But I am willing to think that maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick with this, however I am more than inclined to think you an objectionable arse.

I back up what I say and I dont claim you've said things that you haven't just to make a point like you have with me. Half the things you've said have been based on things I didn't even say and managed to drive this off in some meaningless direction.

I must be missing the point LadyJade if it isn't that mushrooms have some risks, I've said enough times that they do.
    I have said that I maybe mistaken, and that we may just not be communicating properly, but I'd appriciate if you didnt insinuate I lied and was trying to win 'points' off you.

I have said that this is personal for me and that I think your comments insulting, I think if you persist with this wounded and confused theme I will just end up insulting you, which I have tried not to do.
    Feel free to insult me all you want, if thats what you resort to because you're making things up that were never said then it says something about you. It's hardly my fault if you get personally offended by an opinion.
    Oh stop already.

Perhaps your opinion wasn't expressed in the clearest of ways Vray, and that is why people have assumed you meant things you say you didn't. This debate wouldn't have gone on for so long otherwise. In any case, I think everyone has had their say and we should all leave it there before this gets even more personal and agressive.
    You really are something else, I have tried to be polite to you all through this thread, even though my lower nature has been inclined to do otherwise.

I am sorry you think I have made things up, maybe I misunderstood what you put.

I have however said more than a few times why I think calling people who want to commit suicide on hallucinogens 'idiots' is insulting but you seem not to have read that at all.