Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eating cannabis

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With what, acid or shrooms? I'm speaking from the experiences of many shroom users, not as one of the few people who feel we need to kill ourselves. If that was even remotely common we'd have more shroom related deaths to speak of, as it is we have close to none. Didn't I already agree that it's possible for bad things to happen or shall we beat that dead horse some more?

If you meant acid, then correct it's my experience and not everyones. But it is the effect acid gives for most people, they dont generally take it to learn about life or as some great teacher, it's just for the trippy psychedelic effects. Thoughts on acid are usually jumbled, meaningless (even though they might feel meaningful at the time), and not particularly helpful to your life. You're more likely to have no long term effects or negative ones than any positives from taking lsd.

But this is getting petty. I'm talking about common effects for people who use these drugs, not bringing up peoples experiences that might be a bit different. We all get different things from them and I'n not trying to suggest we're all exactly the same.
    Spliffie wrote:
    "The only similarity is that they're both psychedelics"

"Besides both altering your perceptions the effects are very different"

"You dont gain anything from it, you just see stuff and get headfucked."

You are the one making the outlandish and dubious statements here, not me.

Outlandish in what way, they are both psychedelics but the effects are very different. I'm sorry, maybe if you explain what you gain from taking LSD your argument might take this somewhere.

As it is you've not provided anything to this discussion except saying you think LSD and shrooms are the same, but you haven't elaborated on that in any way.
    Vray wrote:
    With what, acid or shrooms? I'm speaking from the experiences of many shroom users, not as one of the few people who feel we need to kill ourselves. If that was even remotely common we'd have more shroom related deaths to speak of, as it is we have close to none. Didn't I already agree that it's possible for bad things to happen or shall we beat that dead horse some more?

People don't kill themselves because they're having a bad trip, you're misinterpreting what's been said.

Did I ever suggest you denied bad trips are possible?
    If you meant acid, then correct it's my experience and not everyones. But it is the effect acid gives for most people, they dont generally take it to learn about life or as some great teacher, it's just for the trippy psychedelic effects. Thoughts on acid are usually jumbled, meaningless (even though they might feel meaningful at the time), and not particularly helpful to your life. You're more likely to have no long term effects or negative ones than any positives from taking lsd.

Again, you're making false statements and presenting them as fact.
    But this is getting petty. I'm talking about common effects for people who use these drugs, not bringing up peoples experiences that might be a bit different. We all get different things from them and I'n not trying to suggest we're all exactly the same.

You're lambasting me for this post -
    Originally Posted by Spliffie
    Acid and mushrooms are very similar, apart from the duration of effects...

And Turlough is right, tripping (even on weed for some people) can be heavy...near death & religious experiences, long-term changes of perception etc etc.

All i'm asking is you back up your claims i'm talking bullshit, which clearly you aren't able to do.
    Can you elaborate on any of those comments?

You say things but dont give any explenation at all, then accuse me of all the things you're doing yourself! I've backed up most things I've said here by explaining my opinions. You cant seem to do this basic thing yet call my posts bullshit?

Is something wrong with you? For your own good dont take any more LSD.
    Vray wrote:
    Outlandish in what way, they are both psychedelics but the effects are very different. I'm sorry, maybe if you explain what you gain from taking LSD your argument might take this somewhere.

As it is you've not provided anything to this discussion except saying you think LSD and shrooms are the same, but you haven't elaborated on that in any way.

I didn't say they are the same for a start.

What do you want me to do, babble on about religious experiences and mind expansion? If you don't believe LSD has any spiritial/intellectual use, I suggest you look up trip reports and read some drugs literature on the subject (there's plenty of it...Timothy Leary et al).
    Spliffie wrote:
    I didn't say they are the same for a start.

What do you want me to do, babble on about religious experiences and mind expansion? If you don't believe LSD has any spiritial/intellectual use, I suggest you look up trip reports and read some drugs literature on the subject (there's plenty of it...Timothy Leary et al).

Finally, an explenation for something you've written. See how easy that was?

I wasn't aware of any spiritual or intellectual use with acid. I'll read up on it.
    Vray wrote:
    Can you elaborate on any of those comments?

You say things but dont give any explenation at all, then accuse me of all the things you're doing yourself! I've backed up most things I've said here by explaining my opinions. You cant seem to do this basic thing yet call my posts bullshit?

Is something wrong with you? For your own good dont take any more LSD.

What specifically do you want me to elaborate on?
    Vray wrote:
    Finally, an explenation for something you've written. See how easy that was?

I wasn't aware of any spiritual or intellectual use with acid. I'll read up on it.

www.magusbooks.com

Search for Timothy Leary & LSD.
    I shouldn't have to tell you what to elaborate on for gods sake, if you tell me I'm making false statements the least you can do it explain why. If you say my opinions are bullshit you could, you know, tell me how they're bullshit by providing an opinion of your own to counter mine.

Welcome to discussion boards.
    Vray wrote:
    I shouldn't have to tell you what to elaborate on for gods sake, if you tell me I'm making false statements the least you can do it explain why. If you say my opinions are bullshit you could, you know, tell me how they're bullshit by providing an opinion of your own to counter mine.

Welcome to discussion boards.

You were making extremely dubious statements, presenting them as fact and then accusing me of doing the exact same thing by posting the common perception lsd & magic mushies have similar effects.

This is all going round in circles anyway.

I don't know why you think they're worlds apart as drugs, perhaps you had bunk acid or just weren't in the correct mental state for full appreciation. I've had trips which have been undistinguished and confusing on both mushrooms and lsd, and likewise had amazing trips on both.
    All the the acid was better then than most going around now from what I've heard about it, in strength anyway. It wasn't bad in the sense of the experience, it was just tripping without really gaining any insight about anything. Thoughts weren't clear enough to come out of it with any real knowledge.

But thats not the reason I'm against it, I think they leave long term after effects. Not for everyone, but something feels different in me ever since taking them in a bad way. I've never had that with shrooms, the day after you feel fine, even better than you did before with a normal dose.
    VRAY ...can you please tell me what you have learnt from mushrooms ...a list would be fine.
    Not specifically because it's very personal. But heres a list for you...

It's taught me about myself as a person

Relationships with my family

Being able to overcome things in my life I thought I couldn't

Where my life should be heading and things I want to achieve

Things I've done in the past that I never gave enough thought

My outlook on life as a whole

There are more, life is complicated so it's not very practical to write them all as a list.
    Vray wrote:
    Not specifically because it's very personal. But heres a list for you...

It's taught me about myself as a person

Relationships with my family

Being able to overcome things in my life I thought I couldn't

Where my life should be heading and things I want to achieve

Things I've done in the past that I never gave enough thought

My outlook on life as a whole

There are more, life is complicated so it's not very practical to write them all as a list.
    the sort of stuff most people learn without drugs then ...
    Not really, I can think about those things normally but not on the same level as I can on shrooms. They open your mind and your subconcious in a way that you can explore them in much more depth than is possible when normal.

But I think you know all this already, you're just trying to be funny.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Vray, do you have any vested interest in extolling the virtue of mushrooms?

It goes without saying that taking psychedelics if you are predisposed to mental illness or depressed or otherwise in a negative frame of mind is a very bad idea. That goes for all drugs, but particularly cannabis and psychedelics.

Both LSD and psilocybin can have the positive and negative effects described in this thread, depending on your state of mind, your environment, the dose and so on. IMO you two are arguing about your personal preferences, which is fine, just try not to get personal.
    Vray wrote:
    If you're going to state things as fact then show some knowledge of the subject.

Good advice, maybe you should follow it.
    You don't have to use tobacco to use cannabis - use a pipe or a bong.

There are various recipes for consuming cannabis in 'food' for all over the Internet and this is where Google is your friend.

As for myself, I use a pipe for the leaf and chew the stalks :)
    LadyJade wrote:
    Vray, do you have any vested interest in extolling the virtue of mushrooms?

Why do you ask that? I'm talking about something I'm personally interested in.

Seems to be alot of people here who just want to prove me wrong about something or make themselves look more clued up than I am without actually contributing to the discussion. Thats why this turned petty. I've tried not to get personal and I've answered everything asked that I can.

If you want to keep making an issue of risks then go ahead, I've said there are some and said they're extremely low, which is true.
    Vray wrote:
    Why do you ask that? I'm talking about something I'm personally interested in.

Seems to be alot of people here who just want to prove me wrong about something or make themselves look more clued up than I am without actually contributing to the discussion. Thats why this turned petty. I've tried not to get personal and I've answered everything asked that I can.

If you want to keep making an issue of risks then go ahead, I've said there are some and said they're extremely low, which is true.

Psychedelics aren't risky in the sense that heroin, crack, speed, alcohol etc are risky, but they are risky in another way - use can lead to depression, anxiety, paranoia, HPPD etc. Yes, the likelihood is that most people won't experience any ill effects, but please don't make out that the risks are "extremely low" - they're not. It very much depends on the individual.
    Research shows the risks are too low to make banning them necessary. So based on the facts as we know them today, low enough to mean they should be available legally.
    Vray wrote:
    Research shows the risks are too low to make banning them necessary. So based on the facts as we know them today, low enough to mean they should be available legally.

You can argue that for every drug really, so its legal status really makes no difference.

Mushrooms like any hallucinogen come with risks, they are similar in profile to those of LSD, Salvia or mescaline. It is the person rather than the drug which defines the risk with hallucinogens.
    I dont know anything about mescaline but I dont see any connection with Salvia, thats in a category of it's own and the effects aren't like shrooms or any other drug. If you ask anyone who's used it they'll tell you that.

This risk argument is going nowhere. The way you take risks into account is a personal thing in itself. You can either make an issue of them and worry about whats feasably possible to happen to you when you do things in life even if it's not very likely, or you can accept that we're constantly at risk from things and get on with it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Like Blagsta said, drugs are inherently risky. IMO, mushrooms have been classified A because their use was increasing and the sale of them was very blatant and open. Therefore the authorities needed to be seen to act.

I think this argument is going in circles because you are all taking a more extreme position - hallocinogen use is risky in those who are not emotionally or mentally stable, (which could be most of us at some point) because as I understand it they have a fairly profound effect on the psyche. Their use shouldn't be taken lightly, and I imagine the major concern of the powers that be was that if they were freely available they wouldn't be treated with the respect they deserve.
    Vray wrote:

Am I arguing for them to be banned?
    No, you said I shouldn't make out the risks are "extremely low", so I used that as an example of how low they are otherwise you'll keep saying the same thing.

I've said a number of times risks are a possibility with shrooms, I'm not sure what else you expect me to say. I've been fair in dealing with facts as we know them, but people still want to go on about them. I understand you want to warn people of the risks here because otherwise it might look irresponsible, but in doing so you're also exagerrating them by so many of you only being negative.

Yes at first I made an off hand remark about them being no risk to anybody, I thought most people here knew about the feelings many people have towards the ban and the way it was handled and wouldn't take it so literally. When I realized it was taken literally I said there were risks and I dont think I'm out of line in saying the risks are extremely low. The kind of risks related to shrooms would be mental harm for certain people under certain circumstances. Saying "hallocinogen use is risky in those who are not emotionally or mentally stable, (which could be most of us at some point)" implies the danger is greater than it actually is, even if it wasn't meant that way. If you're in an emotional state or theres alot of negativity in your life when you take them chances are you'll just have a bad trip and not take them again under those circumstances. If you're mentally unstable theres every chance a shroom trip wont have lasting damage when it ends and also a chance it will.
    Oh and regarding LSD, since I was accused of talking bullshit about the effects being different. This from a debate in parliament on clause 21:

"My noble friend said at Second Reading that magic mushrooms could have damaging, hallucinatory effects equivalent to those of LSD. That is certainly not my clinical experience. LSD can cause alarming hallucinations that may have lasting effects. But I have never met anyone who has come to any harm from the use of magic mushrooms."

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld199900/ldhansrd/pdvn/lds05/text/50406-28.htm
    Vray wrote:
    No, you said I shouldn't make out the risks are "extremely low", so I used that as an example of how low they are otherwise you'll keep saying the same thing.

I've said a number of times risks are a possibility with shrooms, I'm not sure what else you expect me to say. I've been fair in dealing with facts as we know them, but people still want to go on about them. I understand you want to warn people of the risks here because otherwise it might look irresponsible, but in doing so you're also exagerrating them by so many of you only being negative.

Yes at first I made an off hand remark about them being no risk to anybody, I thought most people here knew about the feelings many people have towards the ban and the way it was handled and wouldn't take it so literally. When I realized it was taken literally I said there were risks and I dont think I'm out of line in saying the risks are extremely low. The kind of risks related to shrooms would be mental harm for certain people under certain circumstances. Saying "hallocinogen use is risky in those who are not emotionally or mentally stable, (which could be most of us at some point)" implies the danger is greater than it actually is, even if it wasn't meant that way. If you're in an emotional state or theres alot of negativity in your life when you take them chances are you'll just have a bad trip and not take them again under those circumstances. If you're mentally unstable theres every chance a shroom trip wont have lasting damage when it ends and also a chance it will.

You seem to have a bit of an immature attitude to drugs - psychedelics are not play things, they are serious business. Yes, they can be wonderfully life enhancing but they are not without some quite serious risks.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    I've seen more people have 'epidodes' om shrooms than I have LSD. I had convulsions on ordinary liberty caps.
    Weekender Offender 
    So even though I've told you the reason I use them, which is as far from being a play thing as it gets, you tell me they aren't play things and say I have an immature attitude? Dont try to make me out to be talking about the risks of all drugs when anyone reading it knows we're talking about mushrooms. If I'm talking about another drug I'll say it.

Thanks for telling me yet again there are risks involved, even though we clearly established that a few pages ago. The risk is low, I've even gone into detail about how low, so unless you have a good explenation for why you keep trying to make me look wrong about something, then lets hear it. As it is you're just saying the same thing over and over again.