Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Democracy in the Middle East latest: the people of South Lebanon have spoken

Remember how earlier this year the warmongers and neocons suggested the elections in Iraq had kicked-started democracy in the Middle East and how it all made the illegal war justifiable?

Well, the people of South Lebanon have just voted. Hezbollah and its allies have won every single seat.

The USA and Israel are not terribly fond of Hezbollah. But exemplary democracies as they are, I'm sure they will publicly celebrate this wonderful exercise in democracy by the Lebanese, and send their congratulations to the winner.

;)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What is the point of this post?

Troll.
  • Options

Troll.

i can clearly remember you mkaing a thread something along the lines "8 million people vote in Iraq, democracy has spoken" well this is just as meaningful
  • Options

Troll.
    :razz: :D :yes: poor old mat!
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

The USA and Israel are not terribly fond of Hezbollah. But exemplary democracies as they are, I'm sure they will publicly celebrate this wonderful exercise in democracy by the Lebanese, and send their congratulations to the winner.

;)

Just like you would send your congratulations when Saddam won the Iraqi elections with 99% or the like?
    I am not saying that this result is due to as nasty methods as Saddam, but I seriously find it demeaning to my intelligence, (just like I bet you find it demeaning when people assume you support Saddam, as you were against the war), when you think you have "trapped" supporters of Israel and the US in your really stupid argument.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Just like you would send your congratulations when Saddam won the Iraqi elections with 99% or the like?
    I am not saying that this result is due to as nasty methods as Saddam, but I seriously find it demeaning to my intelligence, (just like I bet you find it demeaning when people assume you support Saddam, as you were against the war), when you think you have "trapped" supporters of Israel and the US in your really stupid argument.
    you do have a point wendy ...lets face it GWB has supposedly won two elections ...
  • Options
    you do have a point wendy ...lets face it GWB has supposedly won two elections ...

I of course have a point (as always), I just don't get yours :p
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    I of course have a point (as always), I just don't get yours :p
    the point being ...most people here will not accept GWB's election victories as genuine ...me included but ...jump at the chance to shout about this all seats won brigade ...makes you think.
  • Options
    Great news! One in the eye for sweet condaleeza and Sharon and his Religo-Militiary regieme. :yippe:

let's then all hope that they now go back to exporting that favourite roll...

Lebanese Gold. :thumb:
  • Options
    Great news! One in the eye for sweet condaleeza and Sharon and his Religo-Militiary regieme. :yippe:

they have been for about a year now ...ssshhhh.
    twenty years ago the yanks promised them millions to stop growing ...to this day they have not recieved a penny ...cultivation is back on the agenda since ladst year ...woooot.
  • Options

And suicide bombers :)
  • Options
    Btw Aladdin, may I ask why you are so eager on Syrian involvement in Lebanon?
  • Options
    Lol, not sure about suicide bombers, but they do nice resturants that kick out a nice cous-cous. :)

Their women are also the probably the best looking in the world, with the biggest prized assets :love:
  • Options
    Lol, not sure about suicide bombers, but they do nice resturants that kick out a nice cous-cous. :)

Their women are also the probably the best looking in the world, with the biggest prized assets :love:

Great food. Nice people too from what I have met (talking about Lebanese here, right?).
    Not too sure about their women (or men), though then again, the Middle Eastern look doesn't really appeal to me. Grass is greener on the other side, and that look is too close to home :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, their democracy must be nearly as good as the British or USA ones! Just as fair and honest too!

Democracy in the Middle East won't work particularly well on the large scale. They, as a people, tend not to favour it.

And who are we to enforce it upon them, anyway? We would be bloody unhappy if they came over here and decided we had to change our way of life.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Democracy in the Middle East won't work particularly well on the large scale. They, as a people, tend not to favour it.

Depends how exposed they are to Western culture.
  • Options
    Beruit-Israeli girls are famed across the globe for having, well ummmnnnn

half pounders shall we say ;)

Anyone who's visited the trouble land will tell you, that the average Israeli girl is busting out of her top. The IDF girls look horny in their tight fitting olive greens, with their alluring sultry looks :yum:

wot, no replies? well, head out to the woods in Yerusalem on a bank holiday for some hedonistic fun or alternatively, go into the Sinai. Taba being my choice for up for it Israeli girls :p
  • Options

Anyone who's visited the trouble land will tell you, that the average Israeli girl is busting out of her top. The IDF girls look horny in their tight fitting olive greens, with their alluring sultry looks :yum:
    Depends who wears them. Some come to look like elphants in their uniform, as it's tight without showing off their best assets.
  • Options

wot, no replies? well, head out to the woods in Yerusalem on a bank holiday for some hedonistic fun or alternatively, go into the Sinai. Taba being my choice for up for it Israeli girls :p

Yeah, right on maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
  • Options
    The girls on duty at Ben Gurion and the ones in and around the coach station in Tel-aviv looked pretty hot to me. Most were approachable and laid back.
  • Options
    Lol, ello brum the plum, hows tricks then you shyster?
  • Options
    Lol, ello brum the plum, hows tricks then you shyster?

Thought it was you. Who you fishing for now?
  • Options
    i've been sent here to keep me peepers on you'se lot of riff-raff.
  • Options
    Who's yer paymaster this time? Or have you just got something to prove to yourself?
  • Options
    Hey blag, c'mon get a grip eh? thats the second time huh.

and to prove what exactely and to whom? Have you not heard of sharing and swapping information?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dare I ask what the fuckery goes on 'ere?
  • Options
    we're ex lovers having a little tiff :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Dare I ask what the fuckery goes on 'ere?

John the hippy has posted here before, posting up a load of inaccurate information on the drugs forum, a load of innacurate shite about left/anarchist activism and generally obviously trawling the boards for information about people and their activities. He either has something to prove to himself or is on a fishing expedition.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Btw Aladdin, may I ask why you are so eager on Syrian involvement in Lebanon?
    I'm not eager on Syrian involvemnt Wendy... or on Hezbollah either, particularly. My post was simply a reflection... a reflection on the endlessly-trumpeted wonders of "democracy" and the immense importance of bringing it to those "barbaric" and "tyrannical" Arab nations... as parroted not only by the governments of the USA and Israel, but by of course neocons and warmongers everywhere.

Because you can safely guess that the US government won't be sending flowers and champagne to Hezbollah HQ any time soon. Whatever happened to the championing of democracy for those poor, oppressed Arab nations and the importance of people being able to vote democratically for their leaders? Answer: it only counts if the people vote for the right folk.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    John the hippy has posted here before, posting up a load of inaccurate information on the drugs forum, a load of innacurate shite about left/anarchist activism and generally obviously trawling the boards for information about people and their activities. He either has something to prove to himself or is on a fishing expedition.
    Old bill?