Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Goodbye to Foxhunting

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Aladdin wrote:
    There won't be need for that much control. And when there is, there are other ways of dealing with them other than chasing them for hours and ripping them to pieces while still alive.

How about poison and self locking snares?

Next they'll makes rat and mole traps illegal. Then shooting and then even fishing. Soon we'll have to watch where we tread.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Er... no. There is a difference between parroting the editorials of a tabloid, as you do on a nearly daily basis, and posting an image for humourous purposes.

See the difference now Luke?
  • Options
    Tabloids are not my choice of read.

That's not to say I don't check their websites to see what kind of obscenities and bullshit they're spreading.

I don't know what the editorial of the Guardian says... I find myself agreeing with the Independent more these days.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    People I know have had death threats, damage to their property.
    I've also known hounds to be poisoned by sabs - where's the sense in that?

I just thinks it's stupid. Here we have a law which does no favours for the fox but most of you can't see that. Some of you can be as blind as luke.

The breaking of the law in relation to fox-hunting is done by elements on both sides so hunters cannot claim to be victimised. I was happy to see my wishes achieved by democratic process.

Have a problem with the law go and vote for change. Simple as. I'm sure even those bloodthirsty scumbags can work that one out but hey they seem to think the laws not for the likes of them. Lock 'em up I say. :yes: :hyper:
  • Options
    To quote a letter to one of the papers today, since some police forces are basically suggesting they won't "waste" resources on enforcing the anti-hunting laws, preferring instead to concentrate on more important things, would they mind telling us what other not so imporant things they won't be enforcing?

Can we assume that cannabis smoking for instance, not being as important as murder, theft and rape, will be completely ignored by our wise police?

Presumably I can have a party tonight and keep the music at maximum volume all night, safe in the knowledge that the police has more important things to attend to than to ensure my neighbours don't get woken up?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Presumably I can have a party tonight and keep the music at maximum volume all night, safe in the knowledge that the police has more important things to attend to than to ensure my neighbours don't get woken up?

Not if your playing repetitive beats :shocking:

Our local force have made similar noises, funny how they manage to find two van loads to sit outside a pub in Yeovil last weekend where football fans were drinking. Incidents of football violence between Yeovil and Bristol Rovers in recent years = 0 Real priority there :chin:

Strange that they managed to find the manpower to bust illegal parties eh :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Have you ever seen how hunt sabs behave? They should be replacing the foxes with the sabs.

Yeah I have, I used to be one. I got sick of the extreme violence from the hunt and the sexual assaults from hunt followers on female sabs and the police taking the hunts side. Fucking sick wankers.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

you're lying
  • Options
    The foxes will die painfully some way or another. I'm not sure of the effects on people's livelihoods, maybe Skive will know more.
    I'd not have banned it.

I'd rather the news had time for more important issues, such as the one this overshadowed.
  • Options
    whats a sab?
    i was under the impression that this hasnt changed anything coz all the hunters need to do is take responsibility for two dogs each as each hunter can hunt with two dogs and there is nohing saying that hunters cant all go out together?
    also if the dog catches the fox they will probably have ripped it apart by the time the guns are out?
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:
    The foxes will die painfully some way or another
    I'd rather be shot than chased for long periods of time and then disembowelled alive if you ask me.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'd rather be shot than chased for long periods of time and then disembowelled alive if you ask me.

I'm sure Globe will be happy to make the necessary arrangements :lol:
  • Options
    Nah... I know deep down he has nothing but the greatest esteem and good wishes for me. :);)
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    you're lying

The geezer I go shooting with now used to go hunting when he was younger. He's assures me that back in the 80's there were plenty of incidents he witnessed where hounds fed doped up meat.
    Sometimes the sabs would just tip the meat on the ground at the start of a hunt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    He's lying.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    The geezer I go shooting with now used to go hunting when he was younger. He's assures me that back in the 80's there were plenty of incidents he witnessed where hounds fed doped up meat.
    Sometimes the sabs would just tip the meat on the ground at the start of a hunt.

Hmmm - you "know" something that turns out to be a rumour.

And "poisoned" has suddenly changed to "doped up"

:wave:
  • Options
    Hmmm - you "know" something that turns out to be a rumour.

Neither a rumour or a lie. I'm sure you will believe what you like and I really couldn't give a fuck.
    And "poisoned" has suddenly changed to "doped up"

Same thing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Neither a rumour or a lie. I'm sure you will believe what you like and I really couldn't give a fuck.

Same thing.

So, how many dogs were killed by this poisoned meat then?

And which hunt was it?

It is, after all, perfect propaganda. Must be recorded somewhere. No?
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    That's right simple boy - because it is all about the 'Toffs' isn't it :Rolleyes:

Inverted snobbery coming from a right winger :eek: .

I've seen it all now LOL.
  • Options
    It is, after all, perfect propaganda. Must be recorded somewhere. No?

Come of it mate. How many times have the ALF laced and contaminated food for human consumption? Do you think of they'd have any trouble doing feeding hounds laced meat?

Back in the late 80's I think you'll find that a large number of supposed 'sabs' were actaully 'anarchists' and 'hooligans' out for the trouble.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Come of it mate. How many times have the ALF laced and contaminated food for human consumption? Do you think of they'd have any trouble doing feeding hounds laced meat?

Back in the late 80's I think you'll find that a large number of supposed 'sabs' were actaully 'anarchists' and 'hooligans' out for the trouble.

Okay, so we're stuck in the realm of unsubstantiated rumour .....

and your rather blinkered view of the left

anyone seen a yawn smilie?
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

The ALF never actually contaminated any food.
    Skive wrote:

Yes a lot of sabs are anarchists. So what? I'm telling you that sabs don't ever do that sort of thing.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm telling you that sabs don't ever do that sort of thing.

And you can speak for ALL of them over the last 20 years can you?

This argument goes round and round and gets nowhere. You've got your legislation but I'm telling you it's going to be as effective as making cannabis illegal. In other words - it aint going to work.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    And you can speak for ALL of them over the last 20 years can you?

Yes. I know what ALF tactics are. Announce that they are going to contaminate something, send in one example to a newspaper but don't actually contaminate any others. The company then has to withdraw the whole range to be safe, costing them lots of money. It's called economic sabotage.
    Skive wrote:
    This argument goes round and round and gets nowhere. You've got your legislation but I'm telling you it's going to be as effective as making cannabis illegal. In other words - it aint going to work.

I don't think it will work either. And I don't really care that much. I just wish the pro-hunt lobby could be honest occasionally.
  • Options
    Who really cares??

This law isnt going to do anything, thousands and thousands will still hunt and if people believe the police are going to be able to make arrests and gather evidence that will stand up in court they must be dreaming?

Ill be you a few hunt sabs get shot tomorrow though lol
  • Options
    There probably are still huntsabs who take it to far, even so far as beating up hunt supporters or huntsman etc. Same with pro hunters, wouldn't be surprised if many hunt sabs have been run down by the horses of a red faced huntsman / supporter
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    To quote a letter to one of the papers today, since some police forces are basically suggesting they won't "waste" resources on enforcing the anti-hunting laws, preferring instead to concentrate on more important things, would they mind telling us what other not so imporant things they won't be enforcing?

Can we assume that cannabis smoking for instance, not being as important as murder, theft and rape, will be completely ignored by our wise police?

More important things would be:
    Going to burglaries
    Patrolling the streets
    Policing the streets at kicking out time
    Arresting the drug dealers
    Finding/Stopping stolen cars
    Comforting victims of nasty assaults.

Cannabis smoking won't be ignored, because most arrests for posession of cannabis occur because some idiot has been stopped for causing trouble, or has been arrested for another offence and searched.

We've got to goto a hunt today, and I wish we didn't. The entire area is going to suffer as a result due to the lack of available resources.
    Fox hunting has only been pushed through because of popular opinion.
    NO THOUGHT whatsoever has been put into the policing aspect. How are we supposed to follow them and ensure they're acting within the law, within ten minutes they'll be a mile away over muddy fields.
    Unless they give us scrambler bikes, we aint.
  • Options
    If I write to the police in advance Whowhere, tell them to look at my lack of police records and 'exemplary citizen conduct', do you think I would be allowed then to smoke a joint in the park, or on a bench on the street, minding my own business and without fear of some copper coming round and bothering me?

Fat chance methinks.

If the law is to be upheld, the law is to be upheld. I find this selective policing highly suspicious.

At least with drug taken there is no victim. Last time I looked, there has to be a victim in animal cruelty cases. It looks as good a case for police to intervene as any.
  • Options
    The natural way for predators to kill is after a chase, and using the predators jaws, rather than a shot gun... So nature isn't humane.
  • Options
    However the act of hunting with dogs is staged by men, not an act of nature. The dogs themselves are bred for the purpose.