Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mrs Moroccan Roll...?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you make it sound like all the china in the shop is going to get broken.
    No, but one saucer might. And no one benefits from a broken saucer.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I'm not arguing for the banning of alcohol!

No, you're arguing for the continued banning of cannabis.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    No, but one saucer might. And no one benefits from a broken saucer.
    so keeping things as they criminaly are then ...will break less plates?
  • Options
    So presumably you support smoking being banned from absolutely everywhere apart from your home Luke... not even in parks.

At the end of the day, non-smokers don't want to see smokers making fools of themselves in public places...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    those who take drugs... piss off and take them.... make ya self look a fool... go on but dont do it where us who dont are!

you watch too much TV luke, pure and utter zombie so you are.
  • Options
    Surely it's their business?

Do you laugh at people who live in cities, or large towns come to think of it, for slowly killing themselves breathing in all that pollution?

How about those who drive? They're asking to end their lives in a mangled wreck under a lorry. Ha ha ha the fools!
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    i don't want much tv.

go on smoke your life away. bye :)

sorry, i smoke to enjoy life...catch the otherside to reality, take in everything and have total respect for nature and love, you should try it sometime, oh wait, i'm just a thieving scumbag, thats right :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    its their business yes and i laugh at them.... they knoew the facts of smoking and they still do it. idiots

sorry, at some stage in your life you hit the wrong tangent at 1000 miles per hour and went way off course, i've tried to save you, it's too late, you know the facts about life but you don't care, ah well, better tried and failed than never tried at all to make another phrase convienent.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    tried to save me? i am trying to save you right now... quit the smoking so you can prevent health problems in later life. didn;t you learn a thing about smoking when you were at school?

sorry i've seen things and felt things through smoking that no materialistic consumerising invention can ever touch, that no word can ever describe, i'd rather be me and smoke than be me and not smoke, sorry you're losing out, life's short, enjoy it while you can, if that means not smoking then fair does but you're are in no position to judge me and my actions.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    lukesh wrote:
    i want to be able to breath properly and have nice teeth, nice breath, smell lovely and live a longer life. :)

But you'll always be a narrowmined fool!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    i'm loosing out... too right... on an early death.

i want to be able to breath properly and have nice teeth, nice breath, smell lovely and live a longer life. :)

i want to smoke dope, get a buzz and be a better person in general, regardless if i die at 90 or 60, oh shit, i'm just a lower class scum bag, aren't i, damn.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

very true
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    substance free ...some of us pay good money to get like luke ...fair do's.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    no you could die younger... have hea;lth problems smelly breath... yellow teeth yukky mingin man

could being the important word, i take care in my hygiene actually.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    oh because i wont say smoking is cool? idiot
    smoking nicotine is pontless and stupid ...and i'm a hopeless slave to it.
    the only drug i failed to master ...
    luke your life will be very simple ...you'll never have anything ever to worry about ...or do ...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    oh because i wont say smoking is cool? idiot

nope she's saying you're a narrowminded fool because you're a narrowminded fool, simple as, next please
  • Options
    luke your life will be very simple ...you'll never have anything ever to worry about ...or do ...

sometimes i envy it, reminds me of wordsworth for some weird reason, so naive but there's a comfort in it. still, it would be shite at the end of the day.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    get rid of the smoke and you'll be a nice bloke... i seen your pic... fit!

LOL :lol: sorry to dissapoint you but i smoke and i like girls.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yea but unlike alcohol, stimulants will eventually take it's toll and you'll quit on your own accord, you get physically addicted to alcohol, two different things altogether.
    The problem with that statement is that youre implying that stimulants arent physically addictive. That is false.
    Both cocaine and amphetamines can be physically addictive if taken regularly enough as well as psychologically addictive.
    http://healthcenter.ucdavis.edu/topics/amphetamines.html
    http://www.well.com/user/woa/fsstim.htm
    I know a lot of places dispute it too, saying that it is just psychological, but I disagree from my own experience.
  • Options
    The problem with that statement is that youre implying that stimulants arent physically addictive. That is false.
    Both cocaine and amphetamines can be physically addictive if taken regularly enough as well as psychologically addictive.
    http://healthcenter.ucdavis.edu/topics/amphetamines.html
    http://www.well.com/user/woa/fsstim.htm
    I know a lot of places dispute it too, saying that it is just psychological, but I disagree from my own experience.
    i thought i read somewhere that amphetamines were only physchologically addictive, thanx anyway for the info.
  • Options
    You probably did.
    A lot of places will say that.
    That is another problem when a drug is illegal, it makes testing and researching issues about those drugs very difficult, plus of course there are the ethical implications of researching addictions in humans in a controlled way. It just doesnt happen. Therefore much knowledge about it is going to be anecdotal, from testing on non humans, or from uncontrolled research - surveys etc. Not the most reliable.
    I would say that most people dont get physically addicted to amphetamines, but a fair amount do. By physical addiction I mean having physical withdrawal symptoms when without the drug - not just craving it badly.
  • Options
    You probably did.
    A lot of places will say that.
    That is another problem when a drug is illegal, it makes testing and researching issues about those drugs very difficult, plus of course there are the ethical implications of researching addictions in humans in a controlled way. It just doesnt happen. Therefore much knowledge about it is going to be anecdotal, from testing on non humans, or from uncontrolled research - surveys etc. Not the most reliable.
    I would say that most people dont get physically addicted to amphetamines, but a fair amount do. By physical addiction I mean having physical withdrawal symptoms when without the drug - not just craving it badly.
    i went to jailwhilst addicted to amphetamine ...i knew i was only psycologicaly addicted until i was about three days into the sentence and then i started to unravel emotionaly and physicaly ...i still cannot explain amphetamine addition or withdrawl ...but i like most ...ate well got lots of rest and was back on my feet in not time ...well about six months.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yes but to consenting adults who are also in pain, just look at it from a logical point of view

If you look at it from a logical point of view then she is simply breaking the law and should be punished.
    There's no room for sentiment in logic I'm afraid.

I think the woman shouldn't have distributed it to her friends, simply kept it for herself. She'd be in less trouble if she had.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote:
    If you look at it from a logical point of view then she is simply breaking the law and should be punished.

I think the woman shouldn't have distributed it to her friends, simply kept it for herself. She'd be in less trouble if she had.

Yes, of course she should let her friends suffer, whilst she gets relief from something that helps her.

Its nice to see that you're fully indoctrinated into respect for the law, even when it is a complete ass......

If everyone had your mindset we'd be in a dictatorship.

:yuck:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I acknowledge the good arguments for legalising cannabis, but I also see good arguments for controlling its use. I have no vested interest in cannabis, being neither a regular user nor an anticannabis campaigner. But unlimited use of uncontrolled substances can only be harmful...

Allowing people to do what they want is not a fundamental right. Drink driving may seem desirable to someone coming out of the pub at 11.30, but society deems it unacceptable because of the risks to the individual and society as a whole.

Right...so just remind me here - what are these "good arguments" for prohibiting recreational cannabis use?

I haven't seen you make any.

As for comparing drink driving and smoking cannabis...you are joking, surely? When I smoke a joint, I put no-one else at risk of harm...are you really not able to grasp that concept? Smoking cannabis harms no-one but the smoker. I've already said, probably countless times, that providing you harm no-one else, you have a fundamental right to "do as thou wilt". Stop twisting points because you can't provide an answer.
    Kentish wrote:
    Again, I can accept that the supply may improve in quality with legalisation, but that's not good enough for me.

Generally my views on drugs are that they are known to be harmful and are illegal for a reason. If legalisation and controlled use of any illicit drug could be shown to be of net benefit, then I would support it. But the reason I continue to argue against blanket legalisation is because I hjave yet t be convinced that it would benefit society as a whole.

Illegal for a reason? Do you know anything about the climate in which cannabis was originally prohibited? If you did, you'd understand cannabis was banned under ridiculously false pretexts (smoke a joint and you'll go insane, smoke a joint and you'll become a rapist), and under pressure from industry (hemp was seen as a threat).

And where have I mentioned "drugs"? I'm talking about cannabis. Nothing else.

What do you need to convince you? Divine intervention?

The situation is like this - people are going to smoke cannabis recreationally whether the government likes it or not. America has a higher % per population of cannabis smokers than Holland - now that's a pretty good indication that prohibition does nothing to reduce use.

So, prohibition doesn't result in reduced use. What it does result in, is the market being flooded with poisonous, foul products.

Legalise cannabis, the government gets a good revenue for taxation, people get a clean supply of cannabis...what's the problem?

Now, Kentish, please tell me - for about the fuck-knows-how-many-time - what is your counter argument?

Kentish wrote:
    The socioeconomic reasons for problem drug use are of more concern to me, and I remain convinced that most problem drug use would be eliminated by improving social inequality.

Why are you talking about "drugs"? We're talking about cannabis, not crack or heroin...

Socio-economically linked drug use? You're talking crack & heroin. Yeah, improving social inequality would reduce use massively no doubt...but what's that got to do with cannabis?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    those who take drugs... piss off and take them.... make ya self look a fool... go on but dont do it where us who dont are!

You don't seem to grasp the issue here do you?

Drugs are a big political issue...involves the economy, crime, jails, personal liberties, medecine...you name it, drugs will have some connection.

Pity you can't contribute anything other than that which would be classed as moronic.

You need to open your eyes..."drugs are bad and should be banned coz i see scumbags taking them"...would be funny if it wasn't so sad ;) .
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote:

You sound like a fucking SS officer. Take a step back and look at yourself.

No room for sentiment in logic? Sounds like a quote straight from Mein Kampf. I presume you reckon the Nazi race laws gave the Third Reich's racial policies a fair basis then...

And if you want to look at it from a logic point of view, the law under which she is being prosecuted wouldn't exist.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote:

have you even looked at the thread or did you just automatically quote me and reply to that because for the past 200 or so posts since that i and others have put forward why the law is stupid, but i supposse, pigs never did take much time and effort in their work.
  • Options
    whowhere has been assimilated ...wrning ...warning ...
    how ya doing WW ...that job has changed the boy who used to come here two years ago ...i believe mostly for the better.
  • Options
    I notice Kentish has quietly forgotten all about this thread...I wonder why :D ?

I really don't know how people can continue to hold such mindlessly obtuse beliefs these days :rolleyes: .