Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

justice for captain hook?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    When I need advice on how to live my life from a bunch of small minded bigots, I'll ask for it.

If we're so awful and bigoted you should just fuck off then, really.

You keep saying "bigot" as if it means something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eternalsunshine
    A child when it comes to politics I see

You need to take a look around and shut the fuck up. I myself am still a newbie here, but fuck me if I was as annoying as you in my first few posts I wouldn't have ANY respect, and I know that I've earned it of a remarkable number of posters.

Shut up and learn. Don't be fucking cheeky to thesite's most respected poster (in all seriousness) and don't lay into people you have no clue about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If we're so awful and bigoted you should just fuck off then, really.

When I need advice on how to live my life from a bunch of small minded bigots, I'll ask for it.
  • Options

Oh, goodness.

I've seen more wit in a Noel Edmonds television programme.
  • Options
    Are we actually going to debate or just throw pointless insults about?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Can anyone who has no problem with him being sent to the US to be executed could kindly explain:

1. Do you always support the death penalty or only on selected cases?

2. For which crimes exactly do you exactly support the death penalty? Taking other lives only, or does this now extend to other crimes such us incitement to hatred?

3. If the latter is the case, would you agree that people such as Kilroy-Silk or Nick Griffin should be executed immediately?

4. What has Hamza exactly done to deserve the death penalty?

For all the protestations last night on this thread that the knee-jerkism wasn't prompted by the tabloids, I'm sorry to say that is exactly what some of you appear to be doing: brainlessly parroting the editorial line of the S*n, Express and co. with no regard for presumption of innocence or actual facts of any kind.

A sorry spectacle... :no:

Hello aladdin, and good morning.

I bow to you for your abillity to post sensibly to provoke debate.

Now, moving on. For the interests of arguement I will assume that Hamza is guilty, until otherwise stated.

I am against the death penalty, but instead of the traditional 'we're only as bad as he is' or 'what if we're wrong' arguements. It's because I want him to suffer. There was a scientific study that found that emotional pain is as real to the brain as a severly broken leg. I want him to hurt in his head for the rest of his natural life, executing him gets nothing.

Now, acting as I should, in that Hamza is still inocent until proven guilty. I think he should be tried and punished here, as it is here that he has been stiring up trouble, and here that the alleged crimes have been commited. Not only that he will not get a fair trial in the USA, they want results and I think here that we still want justice. Not to say that miscarriages of justice don't happen, but at least he won't be dead.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Are we actually going to debate or just throw pointless insults about?

I don't know.

I'm just trying to see how many more times you'll say I'm a bigot that insults the disabled.
  • Options
    I don't know.

I'm just trying to see how many more times you'll say I'm a bigot that insults the disabled.

I think perhaps your getting me confused Kermit, I dont remember ever calling you or anyone else here a bigot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85

I am against the death penalty......... It's because I want him to suffer.
    Not to say that miscarriages of justice don't happen, but at least he won't be dead.

Not nice, and not consistent.......
  • Options
    Not nice, and not consistent.......

Where is it inconsistant?
  • Options
    I don't know.

You're a bigot that insults the disabled!

:p chin up buddy. Debate with me instead.
  • Options
    Where is it inconsistant?

:)
  • Options
    :)

What the fuck are you trying to say? 'Sorry, I was wrong. You're not inconsistant at all' or 'Sorry, just actually read your post, got the wrong end of the stick'?
  • Options
    You're a bigot that insults the disabled!

I hate the disabled, especially the old and infirm.

They just get in my way the whole friggin time.
  • Options
    Not nice

Nope.

But people on death row aren't either.
  • Options
    I hate the disabled, especially the old and infirm.

They just get in my way the whole friggin time.

Well, in waiting for the return of bong, aladdin and annoying noobs, how's your day?
  • Options
    Well I thought this thread was quite interesting.

Its strange how some hard and set rules can easily be explained away when we dont like someone.

Its ok for 'Captain Hook' not to have a fair trial, or be interned because he's obviously evil isnt he.
  • Options
    Well, in waiting for the return of bong, aladdin and annoying noobs, how's your day?

My day is cold.

:(
  • Options
    Well I thought this thread was quite interesting.

Its strange how some hard and set rules can easily be explained away when we dont like someone.

Its ok for 'Captain Hook' not to have a fair trial, or be interned because he's obviously evil isnt he.

Don't be so general bong, you'll irritate me, especially when I have said the exact opposite.
  • Options
    My day is cold.

:(

Put a jumper on?
  • Options
    Put a jumper on?

That's a good idea.

It's so dark and cold and I have to go all the way to Durham soon:(
  • Options
    That's a good idea.

It's so dark and cold and I have to go all the way to Durham soon:(

Make sure you wear a hat, you lose a quarter of your body heat through the top of your head.
  • Options
    Don't be so general bong, you'll irritate me, especially when I have said the exact opposite.

What? I wasnt accusing you of that attitude, but that view is prevailing through the thread isnt it.
  • Options
    What? I wasnt accusing you of that attitude, but that view is prevailing through the thread isnt it.

I wouldn't have said it was all serious though. You know people on here better than that. However, seeing as the debate, nearly, started with some posting from Aladdin why don't we see where it goes.
  • Options
    People displaying hate and calling for the death of a man who "displays hate and calls for deaths" .................

The irony of that appeals to my sense of humour ..........

:D
  • Options
    Well given the press attention that he has recieved he will struggle to get a fair trial here.

And you can bet your arse he probably wont even see a formal charge let alone a trial in the US.

Yes, he probably does 'preach hatred' but at the same time if we just ignored him, very much like the BNP he wouldnt be as important as he is.

What I think a lot of people, in the US even more than here, fail to realise is there is some basis for people hating us. Terrorism very rarely comes out of no-where.

He should have a normal trial here IF there is proper evidence against him.
  • Options
    What I think a lot of people, in the US even more than here, fail to realise is there is some basis for people hating us. Terrorism very rarely comes out of no-where.

And that's why killing him would make him a martyr.

People who have suffered misfortune can very easily be brainwashed into believing that all their ills are caused by x, y and z. To an extent they are, but not entirely.

People like bin Laden or Hamza haven't done at all badly at the hands of the West- they are terrorists because they crave the power. It's the same as with Adams and McGuinness- in their case, we've given them the power they craved so they stopped.
  • Options
    People like bin Laden or Hamza haven't done at all badly at the hands of the West- they are terrorists because they crave the power. It's the same as with Adams and McGuinness- in their case, we've given them the power they craved so they stopped.

Sort of, I think the example of NI is a good one when it comes to terrorism.

The IRA gained support from the general Catholic population most when we were the hardest on them. When we did massive raids, when we tortured people etc.

When they were given a chance in the political sphere then support for radical action dropped off.

When people were given something to loose, when they had a stake in the society around them they were much less likely to support the extreme actions.

It could be the same way in Palestine too, if the moderates actually had ANY hope of achieving something with politics then support for Hamas would falter.
  • Options
    As far as I know Hamza hasn't preached any more hatred than some right wing commentators such as Ann Coulter, who amongst many other things has advocated invading every single Muslim country in the world, killing their leaders and converting their populations to Christianity by force.

Why isn't she and others like her rotting in jail? Why aren't all the self-righteous tabloids here and elsewhere running daily front pages about her 'evilness'?
  • Options
    When people were given something to loose, when they had a stake in the society around them they were much less likely to support the extreme actions.

It could be the same way in Palestine too, if the moderates actually had ANY hope of achieving something with politics then support for Hamas would falter.

I think that is exactly it.

But then if yo0u mention the word "diplomacy" to the right-wingers they think you're a dozy coward. Look at the absue the Spanish are receiving.