Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

justice for captain hook?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    If I can quickly jump in here to make a point...

Don't be so quick in dismissing freethepeeps. He has a point. Regardless of whether the cries to send Hamza to the US to be executed or perhaps to the torture camp of Guantanamo to 'suffer' were tongue-in-cheek or not, most of you have here completely ignored the concept of presumption of innocence and have indeed taken the role of jury, judge and executioner.

Because unless you all work for MI6 and have access to intelligence the rest of us don't have, this charges are new and the only thing Hamza has been known to do before is to stir shit. So how come do you all know that he was a terrorist and a murderer all along and that he deserves to suffer, be tortured and/or executed?

No one is saying he's a nice man and that he doesn't deserve this. I think I speak on behalf of all including freethepeeps (though he can correct me if I'm wrong) when I say the bloke's a complete dickhead.

But given the present climate of scare mongering, and given the shameful subordination our government has the Americans, and given the campaign of hatred waged by the tabloid press, and given the near-fascist state we live in where people can now be detained without being charged and without access to a lawyer for years on end... given all that, can any of you categorically say that you have no concerns whatsoever the chargers might be fabricated and politically motivated?

Well? Can you?

And remember, whether the bloke is a complete twat (which he is) should not come into consideration…

God saves us all if we've reached the point where presumption of innocence is no longer granted and where the tabloid press and foreign powers take over our judicial system.
    an inteligent post like this one sunshine ...why couldn't you muster anything like this in the face of our messing?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    we have been lazing about having a luagh ...waiting for inteligent people ...like you ...to say something we can get our teeth into but no ...nothing ...just mindless moaning.
    do try a little hardetr to understand.
    So you turn a Politics and Debate thread into a laughaton?

Why won't you debate?
  • Options
    an inteligent post like this one sunshine ...why couldn't you muster anything like this in the face of our messing?
    Oh you liked that one did you morrocan. And perhaps we may even see your (first) intelligent reply on this thread in response to the said thread.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eternalsunshine
    So you turn a Politics and Debate thread into a laughaton?

Why won't you debate?
    we do ...often but there is a time to lighten up ...when no one can realy be bothered ...when people are just chillin' and stuff ...you had ample opportunity to post something sensible ...but couldn't be bothered for whatever reason.
    please excuse us for not being serious all the time.
    YOU ...could so easily have said something positive ...you could have given your point of view ...told us how you feel about the topic but no ...you wasted as much time as us but ...put us down for it.
    at least we enjoyed ourselves ...you just fucking complained.
    ever heard of taking control?
  • Options
    we do ...often but there is a time to lighten up ...when no one can realy be bothered ...when people are just chillin' and stuff ...you had ample opportunity to post something sensible ...but couldn't be bothered for whatever reason.
    please excuse us for not being serious all the time.
    YOU ...could so easily have said something positive ...you could have given your point of view ...told us how you feel about the topic but no ...you wasted as much time as us but ...put us down for it.
    at least we enjoyed ourselves ...you just fucking complained.
    ever heard of taking control?
    Ahhh so it's just a little circle Jerk that denies anything that deviates from your presently accepted norm.

It would seem to me that if there are any real challenges to the accepted norm, then those challenges will be put down by the ones that dare not speak the truth. If the subject matter goes against your will...shut it down!

That's what it looks like to me.
  • Options
    Ahhh so it's just a little circle Jerk that denies anything that deviates from your presently accepted norm.

It would seem to me that if there are any real challenges to the accepted norm, then those challenges will be put down by the ones that dare not speak the truth. If the subject matter goes against your will...shut it down!

That's what it looks like to me.
    your still talking as much utter bollox as the rest of us have tonight in this thread ...why?
  • Options
    Shall we get back on topic?
  • Options
    Shall we get back on topic?
    you do what you like sunshine ...
  • Options
    your still talking as much utter bollox as the rest of us have tonight in this thread ...why?
    No!

I wish to debate the original poster's points.

You?
  • Options
    No!

I wish to debate the original poster's points.

You?
    then fucking do it ya plank!
  • Options
    There is no debate is there...you people are incapable of debate

Come on. Give it a go, you never know, you may even enjoy it :p
  • Options
    Re: justice for captain hook?
    Originally posted by major_tom
    hooray! justice has finally caught up with abu hamza, facing 16 different charges in court, including incitement to murder and inciting racial hatred. trouble is, he will cost the taxpayer considerably more in hmp belmarsh, than he previously did outside ( even with all the benefits he was creaming off the infidel taxpayer) how long should he serve in prison here, or should we have let the americans fry his beard in 'ole sparky'?
    Shall we begin...
  • Options
    There is no debate is there...you people are incapable of debate

Come on. Give it a go, you never know, you may even enjoy it :p
    your pissing me right off now!
    sometimes we piss about till someone gives a point of view we can agree or disagree with ...sometimes we cant be arsed until ...you... put some fucking effort in.
    fuck off.
  • Options
    then fucking do it ya plank!
    The hostility is astounding :confused:
  • Options
    your pissing me right off now!
    sometimes we piss about till someone gives a point of view we can agree or disagree with ...sometimes we cant be arsed until ...you... put some fucking effort in.
    fuck off.
    I take it that I'm off your Christmas Card list then :confused:
  • Options

looks like it.
  • Options
    yes!
    your also not on the list of people i'll fucking try to teach or learn from ...isn't that the point?
    why don't YOU ...try and put across a point of fucking view if your so pissed off with people not doing.
    fuck ....off.
  • Options
    yes!
    your also not on the list of people i'll fucking try to teach or learn from ...isn't that the point?
    why don't YOU ...try and put across a point of fucking view if your so pissed off with people not doing.
    fuck ....off.
    Calm down...calm down...hey we're all scousers here :rolleyes:

No chance of getting back to the topic at hand morrocan?
  • Options
    Would you like me to post up the original post yet again?
  • Options
    Would you like me to post up the original post yet again?

no thanks dick, im sure we can all figure it out for ourselves..
  • Options
    Calm down...calm down...hey we're all scousers here :rolleyes:

No chance of getting back to the topic at hand morrocan?
    arrrrgggghhhhhhh! why the fuck don't you go back to the topic ...realy.
  • Options
    i want to know more about the extradition issue; hamza is originally egyptian i believe, but managed to get into this country as a student and stay here because he married an english woman. i seem to remember reading that his marriage was technically bogus in some way, so would this fact affect the law regerding possible extradition? i would be in favour of keeping him here, because if the yanks execute him (as kermit rightly said) he will become a martyr for islamic fundamentalism and we will see some other loon filling his place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

No one is saying he's a nice man and that he doesn't deserve this. I think I speak on behalf of all including freethepeeps (though he can correct me if I'm wrong) when I say the bloke's a complete dickhead.

Well, he's certainly been painted as one, but as I'm not in the habit of hanging around mosques, or believing what journos have to say, I really have no idea - none whatsoever.

The charges are quite interesting though - incitement to murder and racial hatred ......... theres a few neo-cons that should be uncomfortable with that...........

Twas a good post you made though - I can't see anything funny about the attack on civil liberties at the moment - let him who has sat around shackled, with a piss soaked hood over his head laugh first.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dave_oliver
    no thanks dick, im sure we can all figure it out for ourselves..
    Oooh someone else who is unable to debate

Lovely
  • Options
    arrrrgggghhhhhhh! why the fuck don't you go back to the topic ...realy.
    Are you well :rolleyes:
  • Options
    people around finsbury have seen and heard his speeches in the streets for themselves ...in the streets cos the mosque elders chucked him out into it ...preaching hatred for the west ...the society that gave him housing ...education ...medical care ...etcetcetc.
    he preaches our destruction.
    so ...as far as i'm concerned he should have been removed from the west and sent to a place of his choosing where he liked the economic and other situations he so loved.
    why did he come here if he hates it so much?
    for the whole of history no one ...no culture on earth ...has allowed such people to be within their city walls ...why do you think that is?
    we should have been kind and understanding from the begining and sent hime to somewhere he would have been happy ...i have no problem with the tax payer paying for such luxuries.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Request for permission to advise freethepeeps to shut the fuck up.

On topic I believe that if convicted he should do the suitable punishment. If the suitable punishment (in the eyes of the American govenment) be the death penalty then so be it.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    people around finsbury have seen and heard his speeches in the streets for themselves ...in the streets cos the mosque elders chucked him out into it ...preaching hatred for the west ...the society that gave him housing ...education ...medical care ...etcetcetc.
    he preaches our destruction.
    so ...as far as i'm concerned he should have been removed from the west and sent to a place of his choosing where he liked the economic and other situations he so loved.
    why did he come here if he hates it so much?
    for the whole of history no one ...no culture on earth ...has allowed such people to be within their city walls ...why do you think that is?
    we should have been kind and understanding from the begining and sent hime to somewhere he would have been happy ...i have no problem with the tax payer paying for such luxuries.
    Exactly. If he doesn't like it here he can always fuck off back to where he came from. Hamza has spat in the faces of the UK government that have provided him with so much.,
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Request for permission to advise freethepeeps to shut the fuck up.

Feel free - it won't make any difference whatsoever though. :(
    preaching hatred for the west ...the society that gave him housing ...education ...medical care ...etcetcetc

TBH, I'm not that keen on the west myself.........
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Feel free - it won't make any difference whatsoever though. :(

TBH, I'm not that keen on the west myself.........
    i am ...so fuck off to where you'd be happier yes?