Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 854 Part of The Mix Family
    edited March 2
    Here with you @River <3
    Make sure u do whats best for u tonight i know theirs sometimes the feelings of allowing people down if you don’t go for dinner but would you be able to talk to your family maybe about how you’re feeling and tell them that going out for dinner tonight might not be the best option for you and might make you feel worse?

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 655 Incredible Poster
    River wrote: »
    Urges are bad :s
    Supposed to be going out for dinner later with my family but I don't want to go, it makes me wanna relapse :s

Hey @River, we're here for you and it's really positive that you are reaching out for support. <3

When you say your urges are bad, can you let us know if these are self-harm urges? It sounds really difficult to be experiencing those thoughts. Would you be able to let us know if you feel like you can keep yourself safe today?

The organisation Mind has a great article with some tips on coping with urges to SH. There are also apps like Calm Harm and distrACT with tips and techniques on coping with SH that you might like to look into.

If you'd like some text based support, Crisis Messenger is open 24/7 everyday. To access this support, you can text THEMIX to 85258.

Keep reaching out for support and remember you're not alone <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    edited March 2
    @Gemma Mhm sh urges :/ yeah I guess I can keep safe

85258 help lines don't work on my phone :/
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 655 Incredible Poster
    @Gemma Mhm sh urges :/ yeah I guess I can keep safe

85258 help lines don't work on my phone :/

It's really positive that you feel you can keep safe River, thank you for letting us know. <3

I'm sorry that the text helpline still isn't working on your phone, that's super frustrating. Remember there are other support services available when you're struggling, like Samaritans, Papyrus, Calm, Kooth, or your local urgent mental health helpline. We care about you and are sending you lots of strength.

We're here for you River and hope you can find some nice distractions this weekend to look after yourself. <3
  • Options
    dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Anyone else here who has a chronic loneliness? I feel like an outsider everywhere I go. I hide it by acting cheerful and friendly but really I’m looking for someone to talk to about this.
    “Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    dyoverdx wrote: »
    Anyone else here who has a chronic loneliness? I feel like an outsider everywhere I go. I hide it by acting cheerful and friendly but really I’m looking for someone to talk to about this.
    You're in the right place for this @dyoverdx. You're welcome to start your own dedicated discussion on loneliness, or if you wanna hangout with the folks here, there's the chit chat thread or live General Chats which happen Sun-Thurs at 8pm. :)

Also, unrelated, but I love your picture.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
    Struggling, trying to hide it tho bc I need to be fine
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,055 Community Veteran
    Just seeing my mum and dad being underappreciated by nan breaks my heart. She went to A + e the other day for her water infection but still sees the world in my one uncle who hardly visits her and doesn't even know she has dementia or is in pain. It feels like it's tearing apart my family right now. I want to offer help to people but everyone says they are okay. At least I offer to help.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,077 Wise Owl
    I feel so lost
  • Options
    Decided to show up to school today even though I feel so unwell
  • Options
    I feel so ill :s
  • Options
    Can't sit still in class 🥲
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,326 Wise Owl
    edited March 4
    Im struggling about my situation, im feeling a bit useless about myself because of it.
  • Options
    All my uni stuff is so messed up i dont know if it’s even worth going anymore
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 137 The Mix Convert
    Hey @AnonymousToe @River @FordRanger I can hear you've all been struggling today <3 Giving you all a big virtual hug! I really hope tomorrow goes better for you all :3
  • Options
    I can’t do this
  • Options
    Bear might have cancer...gonna go vets tmr to get him checked out :s
  • Options
    Struggling with bad thoughts, spoke to help lines but they didn't help :bawling: idk what to do feel so crap
  • Options
    Just done my speaking and listening exam and made it up on the spot 🥲
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,326 Wise Owl
    My "friend" was saying why am I still at college in my 20s, he's pretty judgemental, I only talk to him because my other friends do and it might just cause more issues if I talk to the others but not him
  • Options
    Want to go home, on verge of tears
  • Options
    Having to miss school and my counselling because I feel really unwell, still need to go out later to the vets tho
  • Options
    :'( idk what to do with myself I feel so lost and cant stop crying :s
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 590 Incredible Poster
    i wish someone loved me
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,055 Community Veteran
    @libbystrawberry we here at TheMix all love you very much!. Always remember that you matter and you are loved no matter what especially here!. You are valued greatly each day.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    My sister hates me. She’s literally ashamed to be related to me :/