Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    edited April 23
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Just found out my aunts passed away 💔
    Fuck Cancer.
    We knew it was gonna happen and that she was in her last days but she's gone on so long it's sorta a shock in a way but its also not, idk

I'm so sorry to hear this @Chloe234. <3 Grief is such a horrible thing to go through. Just because you knew your aunt's health was deteriorating, doesn't make the grief any less painful. I hope you have people you can reach out to talk to about things. We're all here for you too. <3

There are some lovely services that help support people through grief which you might like to try:
    Hope Again is a service for young people up to 25 who are affected by a bereavement. They're run by Cruse Bereavement Care and they offer support via phone, email & have online support through their website. They are open Monday-Friday from 9.30am-5pm, and stay open until 8pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. You can call them on 0808 808 1677 or email them at hopeagain@cruse.org.uk

Winston's Wish is a UK-wide national helpline offering support, information, and guidance to young people who have been bereaved. They are open from Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm. Their helpline is 08088 020 021. You can also visit their website and send them a message from there. They also have a message board for young people on their website and Talk Grief, a dedicated online space for grieving teenagers and young adults (13 to 25) where you can learn from other young grieving people, find healthy ways to cope and feel less alone.

Keep reaching out <3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Hugs you guys - some real heartache in here 💚
    FordRanger wrote: »
    Hopefully I will sleep ok without stressing or crying about anything.
    @FordRanger I hope you did sleep alright in the end. Don't be afraid to cry - allowing yourself that release and vulnerability is important, particularly for guys. :star: I know even saying this out loud can be difficult, so it's good to see you sharing and being open about how you feel.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,312 Wise Owl
    @AnonymousToe there's people on here who care about you
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    We are all here for you. You are all really brave for continuing to share how you are feeling with us and supporting each other when you can too.

@FordRanger How are you feeling now you have managed to get things off your chest? We are here with you and you are doing so well to continue reaching out to us.

@AnonymousToe I can hear how you are feeling everything just feels weird and depressing and you don't think you leave the house enough. Would you comfortable sharing more with us about this at the moment - such as what "everything", "weird" and "depressing" look like for you and how often you think is enough to leave the house?. We are here with you and it sounds like you are going through some really strong emotions at the moment.

@IainJammyboy - How come you are only managing to sleep two hours every night at the moment? It sounds like a really difficult time for you, even if you are somehow surviving on that amount of sleep.

@Rose113 We are here with you. Would anything, in particular, help you to feel less alone at the moment?

@Chloe234 - It sounds like you are going through a particularly difficult time at the moment, especially with grief. Would you like to share more with us about what last night looked like for you? We hope you have the things you need to help take care of you at the moment.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hi @independent_ I am sorry to hear you have been going through a difficult time at the moment- period pain is never pleasant. Remember to rest up and take it easy for the time being and if it continues to cause you a lot of pain perhaps book an appointment with your GP as they will best be able to support you. And regarding your other point, I can understand it is frustrating to want to do something to make the most of your day but no one else seems to. Sometimes people are just busy themselves. I hope you managed to do something for yourself today and not just cleaning the house.
    Keep reaching out and update us with how you are getting on <3
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hi @libbystrawberry well done for reaching out. I'm sorry that today hasn't been good to you. Would you be comfortable in discussing that further so we can unpack it together?

We are always here for you <3
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,023 Wise Owl
    @Siena are you okay?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    No
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley