Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,204 Community Veteran
    Ello @Jellyelephant and @ilovetaylorswift !! Thank you for the warm welcome hehehe it's always nice
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,908 Extreme Poster
    leyla26 wrote: »
    Ello @Jellyelephant and @ilovetaylorswift !! Thank you for the warm welcome hehehe it's always nice

haha ur welcome, how are you leyla ? x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,266 Boards Guru
    @leyla26 leylaaaaaaa
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    @independent_ 2 weeks longer than planned </////3 What happened with that then?!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Not too bad thank you Jelly :heart: Had to get up early to be my family's resident taxi service hahaha but not too bad other than a little tired!! How's the medication treating you this eve?
    @Chloe234 Chloeeeeee! How was school? :D
    @leyla26 awfullllll, how was your day?
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Not too bad thank you Jelly :heart: Had to get up early to be my family's resident taxi service hahaha but not too bad other than a little tired!! How's the medication treating you this eve?

ah bless you thats good of you to do that! early night tonight maybe? Ah its helping the pain but i feel a little high on the morphine and codeine tbh. Just watching old episodes of 90210 lol #throwback
    @Chloe234 Oh noooo :( You're free to pop over to the support thread if you wanna talk about why it was so bad!! My day was okay, I was driving everyone around today hahah different people needed to go to diff places. It's okay though because I like driving :D
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    @leyla26 just typical workmen messing us about, not turning up when they said they would etc. But it's all done now and just decorating left to do.

@ilovetaylorswift me too, I used to do competitive but I stopped enjoying that so I haven't been competitive for a couple of years, still like swimming but bloody hell I am shattered
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ilovetaylorswiftilovetaylorswift Posts: 96 Budding Regular
    @Jellyelephant
    <3 aww i hope u feel better soon, rest up tonight Jelly <3
    @Jellyelephant
    <3 aww i hope u feel better soon, rest up tonight Jelly <3

thank you i hope you're ok x

ah bless you thats good of you to do that! early night tonight maybe? Ah its helping the pain but i feel a little high on the morphine and codeine tbh. Just watching old episodes of 90210 lol #throwback

@Jellyelephant Straight to bed for me after this chat, you can count on that hehe. I also got a Maccies out of it (which I paid for but that's besides the point!). Do you mind the feeling of being woozy on pain meds? I don't mind it so much for like laughing gas for a short time but I imagine it's probably a bit weird for long periods like you have rn!!

COnfession that I don't know what 90210 is...........
    edited September 2022

@Jellyelephant Straight to bed for me after this chat, you can count on that hehe. I also got a Maccies out of it (which I paid for but that's besides the point!). Do you mind the feeling of being woozy on pain meds? I don't mind it so much for like laughing gas for a short time but I imagine it's probably a bit weird for long periods like you have rn!!

COnfession that I don't know what 90210 is...........

ooh maccies what did you get? no i dont mind it, it helps me relax at least. It is kinda weird though feeling woozy all day but it's way better than the horrible pain I was in. Im just glad they understood in A&E how bad it had been.
    Dilemma - wash my hair now, or put a movie on now and wash it in the morning ?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ imagine anything getting done on time :# Decorating is both the fun part and also the sometimes equally stressful part hahah. Do you guys know exactly what you want to do with it??
  • spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    oioi
    Whats a signatureeeww
    Dilemma - wash my hair now, or put a movie on now and wash it in the morning ?

I had the same dilemma but I've decided to watch tv and wash my hair tomorrow! lol
    spoon wrote: »
    oioi

hey spoon! how are ya x
    @independent_ I'm biased because I prefer washing my hair at night (because it means I can have a free day the next morning hehe) so I'd say that!!
    @Jellyelephant I had the breakfast roll without egg!! Egg makes my stomach go weird so not worth it </3 and yesss someone understanding can really make all the difference in hospitals. What's their long term plan with your back now?
    @Chloe234 Oh noooo :( You're free to pop over to the support thread if you wanna talk about why it was so bad!! My day was okay, I was driving everyone around today hahah different people needed to go to diff places. It's okay though because I like driving :D

ill be ok haha, im out at the moment
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Lol it somehow always feels fast and slow here at the same time. Slow as in I have to refresh each time and fast as in when I leave, there's a bunch of posts haha
    Whats a signatureeeww
    @independent_ I'm biased because I prefer washing my hair at night (because it means I can have a free day the next morning hehe) so I'd say that!!
    @Jellyelephant I had the breakfast roll without egg!! Egg makes my stomach go weird so not worth it </3 and yesss someone understanding can really make all the difference in hospitals. What's their long term plan with your back now?

the plan is just to take the pain meds while I do physio and hopefully the muscles will relax and stop spasming if I do that. Hopefully within a week or so ... so keep your fingers crossed for me because I start uni back again on tuesday!!
    @leyla26 I know right we were so hopeful in the first week that it would be done but apparently not! Took near on 3 weeks. Yeah some of the walls will be dark blue to make the units "ping out" according to mum, other walls different not sure on that. But she started prep today so hopefully should be done soon.

@Jellyelephant I think I might do that tbh but my hair is horrid cuz I've been swimming haha!

@Spoon heyyyyyyy!
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,881 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ I'm ok still in mood swings over stuff because I feel it was an overreaction college kicking me out
    Oooof elle, anyone else always smell chlorine in their hair after washing it even though no one else can smell it? it's the most useless type of being self conscious lol
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Am I in the right place?

Hopefully :3 this is the general chat thread, it goes on at all times, but we are here till 9.30 where there is more likely to be others around. We also have a support chat thread going on over here too.

How are you getting on today?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• ilovetaylorswiftilovetaylorswift Posts: 96 Budding Regular
    oioi@spoon : D
    @spoon haha I know the feeling. I need to wash it but meh im so tired
    oioi swift : D
    Whats a signatureeeww