Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kinda can't wait for lockdown now because actually planned stuff to do and like sorted stuff so it will be easier
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Restrictions will keep happening if people don't listen tbh. Everyone is saying no more lockdown but it's people behaviours causing increase and the lockdown. Country is full of idiots tbh... covid cases wouldn't be so high if people gave a shit and listened. Everyone saying they want it to be over but aren't doing their part to end it..it won't ever end if people keep having that attitude of well if Boris did it then we can. Will just be in and out of restrictions forever and a lot of deaths that could have been prevented but nobody seems to care unless it's about themselves when it comes to covid
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I think it’s just personally very difficult to follow rules and guidance from someone who categorically Denis having any Christmas alerts despite a wealth of evidence. I’m not saying we don’t go into another lockdown Because I know we will … I work in a hospital I know what it’s doing but I can also understand why some people don’t want to follow rules from someone who doesn’t know what he’s doing half the time and allows his own colleges and friends to break the rules
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Ahhh first placement in January sooo nervous ! Working the Outpatient Oncology/Haematology ward 🙈
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    This will never get better if people don't do their part to keep others safe. Death will keep increasing and so will cases if people don't do anything about it...if that's what people want then so be it.. seems nobody gives a shit about community, helping others etc anymore. Just seems everyone is selfish and only care about themselves now. So many people are dying and their deaths could be prevented by people giving a shit about covid and following rules. Just because one person does wrong doesn't mean 2 wrongs make a right. If everyone does wrong we will be in lockdown for a very long time to come.
  • Options
    Think it’s unfair to say that everyone is selfish and only care about themselves, there’s many me included that go above and beyond in supporting people both personally and professionally on a day by day basis.
  • Options
    Whole thing is common sense but seems this county lacks that completely
  • Options
    Anyways I think I’m gonna go for a nap until my sister rings
  • Options
    It's not a unfair opinion at all. because so many people aren't doing their bit but the first to cry when something happens. I go above and beyond with helping others right now but I could probably find something more to do to help.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Good morning! I’m up an hour early for my booster this morning cause I miss calculated when to set my alarm 😭. I’m super excited though finally going to watch Spider-Man this afternoon
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Good morning! I’m up an hour early for my booster this morning cause I miss calculated when to set my alarm 😭. I’m super excited though finally going to watch Spider-Man this afternoon

Morning
  • Options
    How are you @GreenTea?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    How are you @GreenTea?

Not great. You?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2021

idsgx6r2lb2c.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I don’t read the news to even know the rules tbh
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    It's almost like people want covid to get a lot worse than it already is 🙄
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Oh well life goes on
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    How are you @GreenTea?

Not great. You?

Aw sorry to hear that. I’m alright thanks super excited to go to the cinema later, and we’re putting up our Christmas decorations today which is cool.
  • Options
  • Options
    Not for those who lose their life after the hands of those who are selfish.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because government did wrong, doesn't mean public should to. More public do wrong, more lockdowns we will have and the country will lose even more money
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    How are you @GreenTea?

Not great. You?

Aw sorry to hear that. I’m alright thanks super excited to go to the cinema later, and we’re putting up our Christmas decorations today which is cool.

Ah have fun! Hope you enjoy the cinema
  • Options
    I’m going church at 10:30 ahhhhh scared
  • Options
    It’s not selfish to look after yourself. I don’t know the rules. But I do know that staying in this house with my mum will make me go insane
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Morning

I guess the thing with covid now is, it’s not going anywhere. And new variants tend to be milder each time, especially with vaccination. I will do what I can to protect others, I’m going for my booster on Tuesday, I had the flu vaccine done privately, I will happily wear my mask. But there are certain things that are very damaging to mental health, like for example not seeing family etc. I can’t put myself through that again and my family all feel the same. I don’t think that’s selfish.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Morning

I guess the thing with covid now is, it’s not going anywhere. And new variants tend to be milder each time, especially with vaccination. I will do what I can to protect others, I’m going for my booster on Tuesday, I had the flu vaccine done privately, I will happily wear my mask. But there are certain things that are very damaging to mental health, like for example not seeing family etc. I can’t put myself through that again and my family all feel the same. I don’t think that’s selfish.

Exactly. It doesn’t make you selfish don’t worry x
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The covid news is a massive stresser for me right now and the thought of another lockdown where I can’t see my family and my partner for months on end is really hard. It’s contributing to my mental health going really downhill right now. Maybe I am selfish, I literally don’t care about not being able to go to parties, but I’m not isolating myself again.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2021
    Hi all,

@Millie2787

How cute. Thanks for sharing the photo of your dogs! What are their names? :)

Oh dear! Does ginger hair suit you at least temporarily though? I mean it does give your hair a nice change after all =)

It seems @Shaunie did in fact move pets to the pets thread <3

@GreenTea

Sorry, no. I was asleep! How are you feeling this morning? Do you still want to talk through your thoughts and feelings? If so, I am here with full elf ears ready to listen <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Laura_tigger82 how are you this morning?
  • Options
    I did thank you for pointing that out @Laura_tigger82
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Voucher for where

Got to choose from a bunch of different ones - I got Uber eats as I use that loads at uni 🤣

I know that feeling very well @Millie2787. Just eat must be my most used app when I am at uni! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.