Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @GreenTea just Captain Morgans with cola but like not small measures lolll. 

@Shaune lol don’t worry we weren’t texting just looking at social media lol. 

Ahhh I'm on Old J spiced rum
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    Anyone watched causality ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Anyone watched causality ?

No. Watching it tomorrow so no spoilers please :)
  • Options
    Did you know women have less  serotonin than males so not likely to experience depression? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    And loll @independent_  sometimes my sister texts me when I’m in the same room and I’m just like what was the point in that lol 
  • Options
    I was mentioned?
  • Options
    Ima just check emails
  • Options
    Omg I have to actually wake up early tomorrow for covid test ahh. But I’m hoping that will start me off for the day. My room is a mess got wardrobe floor  and I wanna go to the shops 
  • Options
    You have to isolate if you are taking a covid test though? You aren't supposed to go into shops..
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Did anyone make any New Years Resolutions? And if so how’s it going?

(it’s okay if it’s not going well). I was not going to make one as it normally depresses me when I don’t do it. Lol but then realised it doesn’t have to be a massive thing. So the last week I’ve been writing a list. Like hand written list for things I wan to do the next day. I write it at night. And it feels so nice to tick things off as you’ve done them. 
    For today it was to just have a shower and get out of bed and I did it! 

Tomorrow is for covid test and then tidy my room and then go to shops and then walk teddy 

there is something about writing it down better. Fills fullfing when written and tick it

@Liam I think you said you was struggling with motivation at one point so think something you could try? (But yeah obviously can ignore me if doesn’t sound like something that could work for you)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    @Shaunie I actually really like that idea, I like the idea of just putting the smallest of things like getting out of bed or having a shower on the list. And then it’s not massive goals. 

I didn’t make any resolutions because I know I won’t stick to them lol. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie

That sounds brilliant Shaunie, thank you so much for sharing! 

I didn't make a new years resolution this year. I think I decided not to because of lockdown and knowing this year was going to be a repeat of last year. I love the idea of setting ourselves goals every day though. Little goals can mean so much more than one big goal.  My goal for last week was to simply get out of bed because I had found myself in a rut and just didn't have the energy to move.

Doing better now though, still lacking motivation somewhat. I'll definitely try writing down the goals, I quite like ticking off tasks so this sounds right up my street. Makes me feel accomplished :) 

• Options
    Samee ahah yeah. It’s hard to stick to with it being lockdown and all. 

And aw yeah Liam worth a try even if works for one day!

What are you guys up to tomorrow? 
  • Options
    Gonna finish off cleaning my room then take the dog out for a nice walk I think :) 

Currently trying to find a plain white wardrobe. Can't find anywhere that sells a plain white one OML you'd think its a popular colour but apparently not 

• Options
    Ah cool. Have you checked IKEA?
  • Options
    This is making me anxious..
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Whats making you anxious? @GreenTea

@Shaunie Just now! :smiley: they want 50 squids to deliver it though! :lol: will have to see if mam fancies a car journey 
  • Options
    Omg I know right. IKEA delivery is so much.I swear it would be cheaper to hire a man with a van lol. But tbf the prices are cheap and decent quality so ends up being still cheap anyway
  • Options
  • Options
    Ooooo didn't see that one, that's cheaper than the one i'm looking at.

I found this one

• Options
    Ah yeah that one a really nice one!
  • Options
    @Shaunie not sure about tomorrow yet, might go for a walk with mum if I can be bothered lol. 

How’s everyone doing tonight? Hope you’re all ok <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I’m okay just feel shit physically 

how are you?
  • Options
    @Shaunie Aww nothing worse than not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon <3 

Meh just struggling but I’m ok. Was talking to my partner on the phone for ages which was nice. 
  • Options
    Glad you had a nice chat!
  • Options
    This 100% explains my life right now. OMG it’s an actual thing

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSws6W5c/
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Good morning 
  • Options
    THERE IS SO MUCH SNOW
  • Options
    I'm so excited!!
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    THERE IS SO MUCH SNOW
    Ah so exciting!!! I’m so jealous lol 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.