Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fake media. It's not July. It's being reviewed in February. Best resource is BBC news. 
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Morning guys. I missed 7 pages of this chat thread. The longest I've missed in a while. Hope everyone's doing alright! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:
    Morning guys. I missed 7 pages of this chat thread. The longest I've missed in a while. Hope everyone's doing alright! 

Hope you are doing well
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:

Shaunie said:

Do you have a reliable source? 
  • Options
    No actual news sites have confirmed this, nor has the actual government website. It's fake media to scare people,
  • Options
  • Options
    Aww it’s raining now. All the snow is going to go 😢
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Can’t believe it has been a month since Christmas. Where does time go
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    Exactly @Shaunie, although I’m thinking this has been the slowest month in the history of the universe!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea I know right ?? January I has felt soooooo long 😩 
  • Options
    I like this time of year I really do but I can’t deal with it going this slowly :lol: just ready for the 30 degree heat to come back (as horrible as it is when it’s that hot it’s much more pleasant being in lockdown in that kind of weather). 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Oh idk the heat last year killed me off🤣  
  • Options
    I don’t mind heat if I’m just sitting in the garden doing nothing, or if I can go back in and put my fan on at anytime. Hate walking around in the heat though or doing any sort of exercise lol 
  • Options
    It's freezing
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,832 Master Poster
    Does anyone have any ideas how to get the feeling back after using numbing cream? I had a blood test this morning so I used numbing cream before and the areas I applied it are still numb 5 and a half hours later.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    It really is cold @GreenTea!! 

@Dancer the feeling will come back eventually, it can last a good while depending on the cream you use. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Blimey @Dancer hopefully it comes back soon?! Try having a shower perhaps? Does it say how long it’s supposed to numb the area?
  • Options
    It's so cold my hands are going a funny colour lol. 
  • Options
    Do I go to Asda and do a food shop or do I go.home?
  • Options
    Saves you going back out later if you do the food shop now @GreenTea then you can put PJs on when you get home and just chill instead of thinking “I need to do a food shop” 
  • Options
    True
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @GreenTea I know right ?? January I has felt soooooo long 😩 
    I think you meant to tag me lol. But I meant I think it went fast lol
  • Options
    I have turned the heating on in my room. Haven’t turned it on for atleast 2 years. But I’m too cold
  • Options
    Ima just go Asda tomorrow
  • Options
    @independent_ @Liam done much today?
  • Options
    @GreenTea nothing at all, just about made it downstairs for a coffee or 2 lol. How was work? 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,832 Master Poster
    The inside of my elbow has had the feeling back now but part of my hand is still numb. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @Dancer I remember I had the numbing cream once it was weird lol 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Liam said:
    GreenTea I know right ?? January I has felt soooooo long 😩 
    I think you meant to tag me lol. But I meant I think it went fast lol
    Oh dear, my bad. I’m miles away today 🤣🤣