Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hiya guys! I finished my first childline counsellor training session today, was very thought provoking. Was kinda tough touching on some subjects but really enjoyed it!

How is everyone today?

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Anch0r33 said:
    Hiya guys! I finished my first childline counsellor training session today, was very thought provoking. Was kinda tough touching on some subjects but really enjoyed it!

How is everyone today?

I'm not good 

Hope you are doing ok
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea yes it’s definitely a case of make the most of it at this point. Hopefully they don’t have to close everything again but that’s the most optimistic I ever get.

@Anch0r33 I’m glad it went well, you’re doing an amazing thing, I know ChildLine was a massive help to me a few years ago it helps sooooo many kids and you’re a part of that, which is brilliant <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Beers in the fridge.. happy Friday everyone 😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ I was so nervous as the time approached but I've got a great group of people! Childline helped me a lot too so I wanted to give something back and stay involved! I've been doing a reflective journal on it which has challenged me. I think it'll be tough for me with triggering subjects but I really think it'll be worth it <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    It's so cold
  • Options
    It really is freezing @GreenTea, and I’m normally that person who’s too hot when everyone else is cold. It’s also raining here.   
  • Options
    We had a  big storm yesterday and it's been cold since
  • Options
    It decided to absolutely bucket down today for a short period of time but it's generally just so cold, also been quite windy! The caravans been blown about a lo
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Yh it's windy a lot to
  • Options
    I had to shut the windows during my training, it was so bad! (My bf likes to always have the windows open lol) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Lol same I always have mine open
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Did anyone else get the random selection for household where get tested for corona for research and get £50 voucher for first one then £25 for other visits 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Did anyone else get the random selection for household where get tested for corona for research and get £50 voucher for first one then £25 for other visits 

Nope but I know a few people who got it
  • Options
    How do I know it’s legit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Is it from the government?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Nope @Shaunie, I’ve never been tested and never been asked to do research. Was it a letter you got about it?
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    How do I know it’s legit

They were selecting people at random for testing but never households, this is recently..idk if it's legit
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oh think it is  actually 
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I got one, it says it’s every week for 4 weeks then once a month for 11 months.
    Where I work does the tests already, but it might be nice to use the vouchers to help with Christmas :/ I don’t really like the idea of a stranger coming to where I live though :confused: 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Seems legit though, the website at the bottom is one of the government ones 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    Ahh yeah Christmas. It’s only three months away. 😅😅😅
  • Options
    That’s like only three pay days away
  • Options
    this year has gone so fast hasnt it @Shaunie
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie

pssssp just wanted that GC was actually really fun and I deffo recommend coming for random chit chat and laughs. There were loads of us today ;D

@independent_
     omg time has passed 
  • Options
    Aww no I missed it. Who was modding  ? 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Today we had the lovely @Aidan and @Laine modding
  • Options
    I love GC!! Totally agree with @Salix_alba_2019, it’s the best place for random laughs haha. I laughed several times tonight 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    It was good fun look forward to next Friday! :D

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hi guys