Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Got a wedding party on Sunday as friend is getting married but only going after party maybe. Very last minute!
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ I used to do my nails back in school and I'd find it sooo relaxing, if you fancy picking it up I deffo recommend it 😁
  • Options
    So glad it's Friday tbh
  • Options
    Just realised this thread is on 500 pages lol what did I create 🙃
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Yahhh 
    @Salix_alba_2019 they did I’ve already started reading and highlighting the overcoming problem eating one and img the gratitude planner is so fucking cute 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Lol Joseph and his technicolour Dreamcoat 

more like Aimee and her technicolour foot 😅
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Lol Joseph and his technicolour Dreamcoat 

more like Aimee and her technicolour foot 😅

Oh dear! Is it really bruised? When you next got fracture clinic?
  • Options
    I haven’t he discharged me there and then cuz it was only a sprain @GreenTea
  • Options
    Yahhh 
    @Salix_alba_2019 they did I’ve already started reading and highlighting the overcoming problem eating one and img the gratitude planner is so fucking cute 
    Awww hopefully they'll help and remember that you're absolutely worthy❤️ 

Oooh that's great, does the gratitude planner give you little tasks every day? I actually think I might get one too 
  • Options
    I haven’t he discharged me there and then cuz it was only a sprain @GreenTea

GP Monday, ask for referral to x-ray and take that route. From pictures you just showed me.. it looks more than a sprain
  • Options
    Oh I’ll be going back if it’s still painful , I’ll do an econsult so they can see photos 

Ooh I have another job interview on 8th 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea I know the feeling of ‘people having punchable faces’. Ooooh have fun at the wedding. I’m glad it’s friday too :) although I swear I woke up thinking it was Sunday. Had the weirdest dream last night that I went to an overnight party and woke up at 9pm in the evening not remembering any of it lol.

@Salix_alba_2019 yeah I used to also buy the false nails to put on, those were fun. I’ve had acrylics a couple of times too haha. 

@Millie2787 ouch hope your foot is better soon, there’s nothing worse, I did similar a while back when I was running down a flight of stairs. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ sounds like a fun dream!!!
    Yh it's just been one of those days tbh

@Millie2787 good luck with the interview, yh show them what it's like Monday because the way it looks doesn't seem right for a sprain
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’ve never been more confused when waking up from a dream in my life haha, I didn’t know what day it was (my best guess was Sunday because that’s what day it was in the dream) or what time it was...I’ve never been more relieved when I looked at my phone that I didn’t actually go to an all night house party and it was just a dream 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’ve never been more confused when waking up from a dream in my life haha, I didn’t know what day it was (my best guess was Sunday because that’s what day it was in the dream) or what time it was...I’ve never been more relieved when I looked at my phone that I didn’t actually go to an all night house party and it was just a dream 

Lol bless ya, you have very adventurous dreams!
  • Options
    I sure do @GreenTea.. Thing is they’re so vivid they honestly feel like real life in that moment haha 
  • Options
    Any plans for the weekend? @independent_

Honestly so many kind people on twitter. Keep getting really kind messages and replies to tweets
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @independent_ it's quite fun isn't it? I wish I could show you some of my old designs but I lost them 😅 you sound like you were a pro 😄

I think I've got an old memory card somewhere. If I find it I'll drop them via pm 
  • Options
    Trying to keep myself awake till medication time so I don't miss a dose but I'm struggling
  • Options
    @GreenTea not really, another pretty quiet weekend. Going to the gym on Sunday though. Is your gym open yet?

@Salix_alba_2019 I wasn’t a pro by any means (wish I was haha) I just went through a phase when I was about 12-14 of always having nails/makeup/etc done. 
  • Options
    @GreenTea what time do you take it at? Nothing worse than having to stay awake when you’re shattered 
  • Options
    Gyms have been open for a while. I cancelled my membership for the time being though as it's hard to get a space at the gym currently. It's nice doing home workouts and walking everywhere instead tbh @independent_
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @GreenTea what time do you take it at? Nothing worse than having to stay awake when you’re shattered 

In 1hour45minutes

If I take it too late I then can't have dinner and won't have a good night mentally
  • Options
    Oh yeah that makes total sense @GreenTea I’ve been doing home workouts in lockdown too they’re definitely great things :) 
  • Options
    Oh yeah that makes total sense @GreenTea I’ve been doing home workouts in lockdown too they’re definitely great things :) 

Yh and it's easy to access different workouts online which makes it more fun 
  • Options
    Yeah some of them are really fun @GreenTea, I think it’ll be really weird being back at the gym and not at home when I go for the first time Sunday :joy: 
  • Options
    Yeah some of them are really fun @GreenTea, I think it’ll be really weird being back at the gym and not at home when I go for the first time Sunday :joy: 

Good luck! I know a lot of gyms are being very strict on cleaning 
  • Options
    Thank you @GreenTea yeah mine are really strict on social distancing and cleaning which is really good.
  • Options
    Thank you @GreenTea yeah mine are really strict on social distancing and cleaning which is really good.

Yh they have to be. Make the most of them now while they are open!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Omg Christmas stuff in the shop is getting me exciteddddddd
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley