Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    @Eyepatch hope work goes alright. What sort of job do you do?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2020
    Hiya
    how is everyone
    i can’t be more moody and angry to everyone today if I tried 
    Shouting/screaming at everything my family say lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Nice to meet you @Alex, welcome to the mix! 
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @independent_ Thanks, my job is a bit odd, today Im working in a care home but not as a career. I’ve been teaching disabled people to draw and sew which is stressful but fun. Although one of the people smells so much I feel like puking in my mask, it’s not their fault but it’s a bit off putting  :s
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Anyone else stuck in the freak storm?
  • Options
    Pub time
  • Options
    @GreenTea enjoy the pub!!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea enjoy the pub!!! 

Thank you. Just last minute thing
  • Options
    @GreenTea last minute plans are sometimes the best ones. It’ll be good fun :) 
  • Options
    AlexAlex Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    Thank you everyone for the welcome. Enjoy the pub @GreenTea

I had an orange twirl today and boy it was nice!
  • Options
    @Alex where did you get it? I neeeeeeeed an orange twirl!? 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    I had orange twirl other day too! It was nice. They’re selling them in local shops now. But I got it off my sister who brought it online 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Alex where did you get it? I neeeeeeeed an orange twirl!? 

Tesco do them
  • Options
    Orange twirlllll😲
  • Options
    Morning everyone 😊
  • Options
    morning
  • Options
    Morning morning @independent how are you doing today? Also, was it you that had nails as your dp or am I imagining it lol
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Meep
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 I’m just getting through. Seeing what today brings. Hopefully better than yesterday but not sure at the moment. 

And yes that was me. I still have that picture somewhere. It was when I was in my really girly years, I always had nails done makeup on etc even if I was going nowhere haha 
  • Options
    @independent I knew it lol

Do you still paint your nails? 

I hope today goes smoothly and filled with positivity 😉
  • Options
    Ello @Millie2787 😊
  • Options
    AlexAlex Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    There was a huge stand in One Stop, which is owned by Tesco. Was so nice! Afternoon all. :) 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Howdy @Salix_alba_2019 how are you 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 not really, very occasionally if I’m going out. Same way as I can only be bothered wearing makeup if I’m going out or to a party now haha. I did like those years where I wore makeup etc a lot, but in all honesty I did it because of how insecure I was (still am but in different ways). 

@Alex I need to go buy an orange twirl! You reminded me of them. I’m going to the shops in a bit so hopefully they sell them ;) 
  • Options
    I'm exhausted lol
  • Options
    Alex said:
    There was a huge stand in One Stop, which is owned by Tesco. Was so nice! Afternoon all. :) 

Gello
  • Options
    @independent_ hello how are you
  • Options
    hey @GreenTea I'm actually really anxious today I went to tesco but ended up waiting outside while mum went in for my stuff lol, how are you? 
  • Options
    Howdy @Salix_alba_2019 how are you 
    I'm okay apart from scratching my cornea with an object that flew into my eye. The chemist gave me the mini eye bath and solution to try and coax it out. I'm realised that I'm pmsing so I'm trying to be mindful of that lol. 

Did your books arive yet? 
  • Options
    hey @GreenTea I'm actually really anxious today I went to tesco but ended up waiting outside while mum went in for my stuff lol, how are you? 

Ah bless ya. 

Meh some people have punchable faces today. Guess that sums it up lol