Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aww bless. Hope you really enjoy the time together N
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,545 Skive's The Limit
    @Shaunie yeah it will be, first time since Valentines actually aha. 

@GreenTea not really, it's the small things, to be honest we're both excited to just talk about life without my internet dying when one of us is mid-sentence ahaha 
    Aw cute. Enjoy!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,660 Legendary Poster
    What's everyone doing tomorrow?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I'm excited to just relax all weekend and hope my heart rate doesn't have another blip because A+E is not relaxing lol
  • Options
    Relaxing is the best bit of any weekend! Sometimes I really enjoy just chilling out and doing absolutely nothing
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Sore subject I’m working 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Yh I'm gonna sleep in
  • Options
    Ohhh enjoy your lie in @GreenTea!!!! 

@Shaunie aww no I hope work goes alright <3 
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    I have a 10 am dance fitness and stretch class and then going home at some point and washing my hair hopefully cos my scalp is suffering and needs help aha. I like how I class washing my hair as a plan since I do it so infrequently now aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    I bloody well will!!  Well deserved after the shit this week has thrown at me
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    I have a 10 am dance fitness and stretch class and then going home at some point and washing my hair hopefully cos my scalp is suffering and needs help aha. I like how I class washing my hair as a plan since I do it so infrequently now aha

Hope you enjoy dance
  • Options
    It won’t lol but thanks
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

Hope you enjoy dance
    Thanks but chances are I will not aha

• Options
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

Hope you enjoy dance
    Thanks but chances are I will not aha

You'll ace it ⭐
  • Options
    @GreenTea quite right!! You so deserve a lie in and a chilled out weekend!!! 

@Starlight aha, washing hair is a good plan to have, do you use any nice products on your hair? Enjoy your dancing!!
  • Options
    Yesss weekend chill
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Thanks @GreenTea Ill probably collapse if I dont get sleep again tonight though aha its HIIT training, its so hard!! aha and im not feeling too stretch rn and my foam rollers at home so not fun aha

@independent_ nope just shampoo and conditioner Ive tried things before but it irritates my scalp but now my scalps irritated anyways so need to try a new plan or action aha my hair is super straight, but super thick so it gets tangled ridiculously easily so I barely wear it down unless i sleep with it in french plaits so its wavy aha

• Options
    @Starlight do you have to do like other fitness classes with your dancing too? Like press ups and stuff?
  • Options
    my hair's really thick too, life would be a lot easier if my hair was more fine ahaha :joy:
  • Options
    @Starlight do you have to do like other fitness classes with your dancing too? Like press ups and stuff?
    Yep thats what tomorrow morning is, we do burpies, squats, full press ups, sit ups, crunches and other variations of stuff its horrible but essential aha

• Options
    @Starlight aha yeah that's what I was doing today, burpies are the hardest ones aha, do you do planks too? I can't dance but I can do that stuff (kind of) aha. 
  • Options
    my hair's really thick too, life would be a lot easier if my hair was more fine ahaha :joy:
    Im always told I cant complain about my hair cos its straight and "nice" but its way to think so if i leave it down it looks super messy like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards since it gets knotty really easily and then its super painful to brush through aha. Wish my hair was thinner and had some texture would make life 100x easier aha that's why I sleep with my hair in plaits a lot gives my hair a bit of much needed texture ahaha

• Options
    @Starlight aha yeah that's what I was doing today, burpies are the hardest ones aha, do you do planks too? I can't dance but I can do that stuff (kind of) aha. 
    yep we usually do 2 minute plank then this walking thing and shoulder taps in a plank position and then mountain climbers. Im really trying to improve my arm strength at the moment and it seems to be paying off aha

• Options
    @Starlight aha, hair can be so annoying sometimes lol, mine's too curly to brush so I have to use a wide tooth comb on it when it's wet. If I brush it it goes absolutely crazy aha. I'd love straight hair but I guess straight hair has its disadvantages too
  • Options
    I’m Going to go to sleep. Take care <3
  • Options
    I do all those exercises too, I'm so inflexible though I struggle with some of them and can only hold a plank for about a minute ahaha.
  • Options
    @independent_ id never want curly/ super wavy hair since its easier to curl and wave hair than to straighten but i just want my hair to have a bit of texture at least ahaha

• Options
    Goodnight @Shaunie <3

• Options
    @independent_ i struggle to hold my plank I start shaking after like 10 seconds ahaha

• Options
    Take care @Shaunie <3