Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,591 Skive's The Limit
    There’s a thing called the curly girl method and they Litreally was there hair with silicone free conditioner and at first the hair is weried and greasy but it’s goes soo nice . You just like proper scrub your hair with conditioner twice just like you do with shampoo

@Shaunie do you wash your hair twice with the shampoo ? You might find that stops the greasiness , the first lot of shampoo gets rid of the dirt and grease and the second one helps to get the last little bits 
    Oh really no I just wash once 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yep heat can be so damaging to hair and causes a lot of split ends and hair snapping
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,685 Legendary Poster
    I'm booked in for a haircut on 30th July, I booked on the day they announced it and that was the first date I could get!!! I cannot wait it desperately needs it!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Teddy is right under my bed and is doing the most dirtiest farts. Gag
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @independent_ I learnt to cut my own!! I hate people touching my head due to a really sensitive scar that runs down the back of my head
  • Options
    I wonder if I will be able to login into beat now I’ve got a new phone or is it the WiFi I’m using lol
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I wonder if I will be able to login into beat now I’ve got a new phone or is it the WiFi I’m using lol
     It will be wifi. They would of blocked IP
  • Options
    The curly girl method is really good, I use a shampoo which is to all intents and purposes basically a conditioner it's so natural aha. 

@GreenTea I wouldn't trust myself to do my own aha, I haven't had it done for months and it's getting so long.

should add that my definition of "long" is it hitting my shoulders, that's way too long for me ahaha. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    edited July 2020
    When my hair is super greasy I just put it in french or dutch plaits and its hides how long I haven't washed my hair for its great!! ahaha
    Post edited by Starlight on
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Lol fair enough!! I took time to reach myself how to cut my own hair
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    When my hair is super greasy I just put it in french or dutch plaits and its hides how long I haven't washed my hair fo its great!! ahaha

I'm shit at braids. My depression hair style is a messy bun and dry shampoo
  • Options
    I also put mine in a messy bun when I leave it too long aha, I'm lucky in that I can leave mine for a few days and it still looks ok aha.
  • Options
    I just try to pull off what I can when I'm depressed. Messy bun . Patch skin on face lol
  • Options
    HAve you ever wondered why when you put loads of water down the toilet it stays the same level
  • Options
    I have to be up so early tomorrowwwwwwwww 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,168 Part of The Furniture

Spot the Louie 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I have to be up so early tomorrowwwwwwwww 
    Whyyy it's Saturday
  • Options
    Omgggggg help me. I have just realised I am working 9-6:30 tomorrow which means all day and all day people have to wear a head set 😭 omgggomg. What shall I do now. I don’t want to speak in a head set lolll
  • Options
    @GreenTea picking my partner up from station. I mean like it's 9am so not too early but that's early for me ahahaha 
  • Options
    @GreenTea picking my partner up from station. I mean like it's 9am so not too early but that's early for me ahahaha 

Ahh hope you both have fun!!!
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww thanks, he's an early riser that's why it's so early ahahaha. 
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww thanks, he's an early riser that's why it's so early ahahaha. 

Lol more time together though!
  • Options
    @GreenTea aha yeah! Look for the benefits. 

He's staying up here for a few days which will be nice.
  • Options
    @GreenTea aha yeah! Look for the benefits. 

He's staying up here for a few days which will be nice.

Ah that will be lovely! Enjoy it!
  • Options
    Is just so nice to be doing something normal, after lockdown y'know what I mean aha
  • Options
    Yh I get what you mean. 
    I miss normality lol
  • Options
    Is just so nice to be doing something normal, after lockdown y'know what I mean aha
    First time you’re meeting simce lockdown?
  • Options
    Do you have anything nice planned @independent_
  • Options
    Is £28 too much to spend on a phone case 
  • Options
    @Shaunie yeah it will be, first time since Valentines actually aha. 

@GreenTea not really, it's the small things, to be honest we're both excited to just talk about life without my internet dying when one of us is mid-sentence ahaha