Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,168 Part of The Furniture
    @Shaunie they are but there more natural ingredients and last way longer that a bottle of shampoo 

it was just normal pasta with a cheese sauce 

@GreenTea can’t use those lavander sleep sprays it’s started giving me headaches annoyingly ! I tend to just pace around until I crash for like half hour 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,591 Skive's The Limit
    How often do you wash your hair? I have to do it everyday otherwise my hair looks like a frying pan. I’ve tried to not wash my hair to get it used to greasy but yeah ain’t working for 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Starlight said:
    sounds good @GreenTea might be worth me trying aha my scalp isn't doing great at the moment want to switch up my hair care see if it makes any difference aha

I'll send you some links about them and shops I recommend for them
  • Options
    They aren't more expensive when you compare how quickly you use a bottle of shampoo over the time you use a bar. Bars can last almost twice as long
  • Options
    @Shaunie they are but there more natural ingredients and last way longer that a bottle of shampoo 

it was just normal pasta with a cheese sauce 

@GreenTea can’t use those lavander sleep sprays it’s started giving me headaches annoyingly ! I tend to just pace around until I crash for like half hour 
    Oh I might have to give it ago then! Oh really I love pasta! I think lasagna is pasta too but yeah I don’t like lasagna lol. All pasta but lasagna. I don’t like rice tho
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I used lockdown to train my hair. I wash it every 3-4 days because it's unhealthy to wash daily as you are removing all its natural oils that keep your hair healthy. 

You have to let your hair get greasy and train it for healthier hair

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    sounds good @GreenTea might be worth me trying aha my scalp isn't doing great at the moment want to switch up my hair care see if it makes any difference aha

I'll send you some links about them and shops I recommend for them
    Ooh thanks 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    I’m really craving chocolate but yeah can’t eat shit all the time 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I used lockdown to train my hair. I wash it every 3-4 days because it's unhealthy to wash daily as you are removing all its natural oils that keep your hair healthy. 

I tried that. Didn’t work at all. Think everyone’s hair is different 
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Shaunie said:
    How often do you wash your hair? I have to do it everyday otherwise my hair looks like a frying pan. I’ve tried to not wash my hair to get it used to greasy but yeah ain’t working for 
    I was trying to wash my hair every 3 to 4 days since washing my hair more frequently was killing my scalp and i found 3 to 4 days worked well. But recently its been more like once every 7 to 10 days!! Its really bad I know!! My hairs been living in plaits most of the time aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:

Maybe go to a hair salon because it's so bad to wash daily.. worse with bottled shampoo that leaves silicone residue on your hair that makes it look shiney
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:

Maybe go to a hair salon because it's so bad to wash daily.. worse with bottled shampoo that leaves silicone residue on your hair that makes it look shiney
     Na don’t care that much on how healthy it is. Just lot of effort. Plus cause hair dyer too
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    Shaunie said:
    I was trying to wash my hair every 3 to 4 days since washing my hair more frequently was killing my scalp and i found 3 to 4 days worked well. But recently its been more like once every 7 to 10 days!! Its really bad I know!! My hairs been living in plaits most of the time aha

Isn't bad. Your hair is better off letting it's natural oils flow for a bit!. I do it sometimes. I go a week or so sometimes! 

Just remember. Shampoo and soaps were never a thing many years ago
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    Shaunie said:
    Jealous! Wish I could get away with 1 day hair
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:

Na don’t care that much on how healthy it is. Just lot of effort. Plus cause hair dyer too

It's not a lot of effort and you know what you are doing. 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:

It's not a lot of effort and you know what you are doing. 
    So much effort to wash hair😅. I would shower normally for 5 mins without hair. But takes forever with hair wash too. Like fml CBa so yeah some days when not going out. I am just a grease ball
  • Options
    By hair actually goes greasy if I wash it too often I’ve switched to use if body shop shampoo and conditioner as there silicone free and my hair is funny about what shampoo it lets me use 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Yeah I literally didn’t wash my hair for every week in lock down. But literally still greasy as soon as I wash it and I did that for about 5 weeks. So shit 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,684 Legendary Poster
    I used to wash my hair most days but it was really really bad for it especially cause I've got curly hair. Nowadays I wash my hair probably about every 4 days, it doesn't get greasy or anything so it doesn't need to be done more aha. 

I've also mostly stopped straightening mine too as it was breaking constantly and so frizzy. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    By hair actually goes greasy if I wash it too often I’ve switched to use if body shop shampoo and conditioner as there silicone free and my hair is funny about what shampoo it lets me use 

Silicone free is the best kind of shampoo!! Well done for switching,
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Why are the new iPhones camera got such a yellow tone to them compared to the older ones like what I prefer my iPhone 7 camera 😂
  • Options
    It is really bad to wash your hair everyday, it's really hard if it's greasy but dry shampoo used to work for me when I'd straightened it and it looked a bit greasy. It can make it more dry over time. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It is really bad to wash your hair everyday, it's really hard if it's greasy but dry shampoo used to work for me when I'd straightened it and it looked a bit greasy. It can make it more dry over time. 

Yep it's so bad to wash hair daily!
  • Options
    Yeah doesn’t bother me if bad will die some day anyway along with my body lol
  • Options
    Mine especially used to be pretty bad when I washed it more often, I've got dry hair anyway and washing it more made it so dry it'd just frizz up instantly
  • Options
    Washing it less really helped my hair and using natural products helped with frizz and dryness. My hair feels so soft and smooth currently and my natural wave is really showing without feeling too heavy
  • Options
    I don’t even ever use conditioner just shampoo lol
  • Options
    There’s a thing called the curly girl method and they Litreally was there hair with silicone free conditioner and at first the hair is weried and greasy but it’s goes soo nice . You just like proper scrub your hair with conditioner twice just like you do with shampoo

@Shaunie do you wash your hair twice with the shampoo ? You might find that stops the greasiness , the first lot of shampoo gets rid of the dirt and grease and the second one helps to get the last little bits 
  • Options
    I was going to do curly girl method but using natural shampoos completely brought out my natural wave!
  • Options
    Yeah it really helped me too, the right products can really make all the difference with hair. 

I went through a phase of straightening mine all the time, I really really hated the way it looked naturally but I got to the point where it was getting so so damaged and eventually I decided just to give it a break, was the best thing I did for it.