Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited June 2020
    Well I know people aren't wearing masks on trains because nobody is checking.. my friend gets the train daily for work and she says not many people are wearing them but nobody is there to enforce it.
    Shits not gonna work if it's not enforced🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    I don’t believe in masks unless you can’t social distance then wear one. But I mean i was on the bus the other day and obvious put on one because it’s the rule but I saw 0 point in it because there was only like 2 other people there
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    @Shaunie yeah I agree it's a mix of following the guidelines as much as possible and some common-sense too.

@Liam OMG!! The Kelpies!! I've been there too a few years ago it was great! 

@GreenTea I've heard the same is happening up here. No one there to enforce mask wearing so no one does... hardly worth having the rule. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It's easier on buses because the driver can simply not let you on, with trains nobody seems to give a crap. 
    I wish people would realise the longer it takes to follow rules, the longer it's going to take for the country to move forward
  • Options
    I actually got on a bus without one on. But I put it on when I sat down. But he didn’t even question if I had one
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Some people think they’re invisble to the virus when they’re wearing a mask so I’m glad it’s not a rule to wear it everywhere
  • Options
    Buses are confined spaces where you are touching where other people have touched and when people cough and sneeze..there's no where for it to go. 
    That's why masks are there's stop people touching their face and to catch their own germs
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I actually cannae wear a mask because I had my ears stitched back when I were a wee wean cause they stuck out like dumbo. They just scrunch my ears up and fall off cause there’s no gap at the top of my ear lol so I have to wear a scarf or something. Not ideal but I don’t get on public transport anywho
  • Options
    I find it annoying when people wear the masks over their chin or forehead 🤣🤣 what’s the point 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    I find it annoying when people wear the masks over their chin or forehead 🤣🤣 what’s the point 

There was a guy in Sainsbury's today wearing one  but his nose wasn't covered 😂
  • Options
    Omg 🤣 I saw a couple in Tesco the lassy had the mask pulled down over her chin and the fella had it over his forehead i was thinking what on earth are you achieving 🤣 or when people pull them down so they can talk to you omggg hahaha so annoying 
  • Options
    IM going to go to sleep take care!
  • Options
    I have a cotton mask that lives in my bag incase I ever need it. It can be washed too. It's just there Incase I need a bus or taxi, or an emergency GP appointment (have to wear them there too)
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    “Your supposed to put your mask on when you talk not take it off” my mums a nurse in a care home she says she tells the careers that at least 20 times per shift!! If the careers can’t even hack it how do you expect the rest of the country :lol:
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Yeah I do hate it when people wear their masks but not properly, it's like people think they're following the rules because they're wearing a mask but actually they're not protecting anyone because it's not covering their nose and their mouth :joy: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I watched a woman come out the shop with gloves in..and light a smoke and start smoking with the gloves on... completely defeats the idea of gloves..
  • Options
    Your better off just washing your hands regularly and not touching your face than wearing gloves!!

• Options
    @GreenTea I quite often see people touching their faces with gloves on. Come on people surely you're not that daft?? 
  • Options
    Bye then lol
  • Options
    Goodnight @Shaunie!! Take care <3
  • Options
    Goodnight Shaunie take care <3

• Options
    @GreenTea I quite often see people touching their faces with gloves on. Come on people surely you're not that daft?? 

😂😂😂 People suprise me sometimes
  • Options
    Me too, how do people not get that the glove will pick up the virus and then touching your face with the glove on is the same as touching your face with unwashed hands and no gloves...... 
  • Options
    I swear the majority of people in my town are idiots!! They have no clue what’s going on in the outside world. It’s like out little town is completely detached from the rest of the world!! It’s crazy how closed minded people can be!! Can’t wait to get out of here aha

• Options
    Ima buy an island..and you can all move in.. and we can re create a safe toen
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Oh yes please I’ll bring my dogs and steal my sisters rabbits so we got some cute animals for company and then we can just shut off from the rest of the world aha

• Options
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Oh yes please I’ll bring my dogs and steal my sisters rabbits so we got some cute animals for company and then we can just shut off from the rest of the world aha
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Like that plan
  • Options
    Right we’ve got a deal @GreenTea :lol:

• Options
    Starlight said:
    Right we’ve got a deal @GreenTea :lol:

Let's grow our on veg
  • Options
    I love that plan @GreenTea!! Sounds perfect right now!