Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Honestly you lot and coffee 🤢 

Hahaha it's an addiction if anything 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    I either want a coffee or a vodka 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited June 2020
    Might go sit by the river and say hello to the swans
    Swans be cute.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,674 Skive's The Limit
     I want/need vodka 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,191 Part of The Furniture
    Honestly the smell of it actually makes me feel sick and tea ive gone off 

i end just just drinking lemonade or orange juice at work 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I either want a coffee or a vodka 

I have vodka..and lots of different gins..and a few bottles of wine.. party at mine
    @Shaunie same aha, I've got some downstairs. Hmmm. 

@Millie2787 I love coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! 

@GreenTea aww, yes they're cute! That could be relaxing. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @Shaunie same aha, I've got some downstairs. Hmmm. 

Millie2787 I love coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! 

GreenTea aww, yes they're cute! That could be relaxing. 
    Tempting!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Yh the baby swans are out too. Little balls if grey fluff
    @GreenTea oooh party sounds good :joy: 
    @GreenTea oooh party sounds good :joy: 

It really does right now 😂 6 allowed only. Got to respect my man Boris ✌️
    Boris and his wonderful social distancing rules ;):joy: 
    The only alcoholic drink I can find is teddys fake one 😂😂😂 which he hated anyway so probs should throw it away now 😂
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    Yous lot always either buzzing from coffee or booze 😆 

With half the country expected to be back in full lockdown in the next few weeks.
    It's going well isn't it Boris? 😂
    Liam said:
    Yous lot always either buzzing from coffee or booze 😆 

Sometimes it's the only way forward ✌️
    GreenTea said:

With half the country expected to be back in full lockdown in the next few weeks.
    I cant see this happening thankfully
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:

I cant see this happening thankfully
    There's 16 cities listed on BBC news.
    Us Scots are creeping out of lock down. I think we’re behaving quite well so hopefully we don’t have to go back into lock down 😬😄 
    Liam said:
    Us Scots are creeping out of lock down. I think we’re behaving quite well so hopefully we don’t have to go back into lock down 😬😄 

You guys knew how to deal with it. Most people round England just carried on like nothing happened lol hence 2nd lockdowns!
    edited June 2020
    GreenTea said:
    Liam said:

You guys knew how to deal with it. Most people round England just carried on like nothing happened lol hence 2nd lockdowns!
    Have to agree but feel i  cant moan as much because I’ve been going round my sisters
    edited June 2020
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Liam said:

Have to agree but I cant moan as much because I’ve been going round my sisters

I've only had people round that I've been working with (apart from like essential workers that had no choice to come here).. to prevent risk.. it's like my work has formed a social bubble 
    edited June 2020
    I’ve realised I keep my 2/ probs 3-4 meters distance fromPeople anyway  Unless I cant.  Don’t like being close to strangers anyway ha
    edited June 2020
    Shops haven't been following 2 metre rules. We put together 2 1m rulers are work and the distance is large 😂 shops are doing like 1.2m haha.
    Boston tea party by mine is like 1m distance in the line
    Tempted to dish out metre rulers
    edited June 2020
    As long as not right up in someone’s face breathing all over them and you mostly just walk fast people really fast you can’t get it if going past realy fast. But. Yeah shops ain’t got 2 meter line more like one. Been tempted to bring it a tap with me just to check. The hight of my wardrobes are exactly 2 meters so I always imagine my wardrobe on the floor 😂
    edited June 2020
    A 6ft 6 person.. laying down.. is the distance of 2 metres distance that should be outlined lol
    @Liam correct!! Us scots are on our best behaviour aren't we? I do think we're doing very very well at the moment but wonder what will happen once people are allowed to travel here from elsewhere. 

@GreenTea totally! A lot of people aren't/were never taking it seriously. 

@Shaunie I think most people have done the best they can, it's been really hard not seeing family etc so we've had my sister round and also my niece and nephew (indoors btw) but nobody else overall. We wanted to minimise the risk while having that balance I think between that and not seeing any family for 3 months. 
    Just googled my pain..Google says kidney stones, a cyst or appendix.. fab 🤦‍♀️ it's probably nothing
    Yeah that’s true @independent_
     I’ve been going to my sisters because I would be home alone otherwise and they don’t like me home alone cause yeah suicidal so I guess that’sa valid reason. Sometimes it just common sense In what you should/shouldn’t do with in your family
    @independent_ Nicola Sturgeon has said she’s still not allowing visitors. I hope tourists don’t come flocking 😕 I live in an area where tourists come to see the kelpies. We have been doing so well, don’t want people to ruin it and risk there being a spike in new cases 😖