Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie said:
    It helps some people. Which literally just shows at how different each person gets treated. Some can post what they want and some cant even say a word. It’s weird like that 

It's not like that at all. Post get removed all the time. It's just not ranted about publicly. It's kept between users and the mods.
    Heyyyy!!

Heyaaa :) how are you?
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Liam said:
    GreenTea said:
    I find elefriends really helpful and I've gained a lot of peer to peer support there and I feel cared about and wanted by other people which I don't always feel else where :) it's really helped me 
    Really glad you find it useful 😊 I cant comment on how useful it is as I’m too young to use it but I just thought the concept was odd and wee bit cringe .. but that’s just me ahaha obviously it’s great stuff if people are finding it useful, maybe I’m picky 😆🤣

The whole thing was designed by its users.. I think people need to realise that before attacking it. 
    It's no longer elefriends anyway
    I think some people on their prefer elefriends to the new one as well, I remember lots of people not liking the idea of a different site, which I think is understandable. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Im totally not attacking it. If it’s helping people that’s brilliant for them! I’m just sharing my opinion on what I’ve seen 😆
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,983 Legendary Poster
    I'm ok, struggling a bit but alright, just off the phone. How are you??
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,439 Wise Owl
    edited June 2020
    I just found one of the bunnies in the bin!!! Oh my god!! :hushed: What can I do with them aha :lol:
    * Shine like the star you are! *
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,674 Skive's The Limit
    Different experiences I guess. Every place either accidently treats people different with not good communication of what’s allowed and what’s not ect. Some things are so not black or white and I think that might be what happens 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Different experiences I guess. Every place either accidently treats people different with not good communication of what’s allowed and what’s not ect. Some things are so not black or white and I think that might be what happens 
    Only use the mix and cannae knock it. Everyone gets treated equal 😁
    edited June 2020
    This conversation is really upsetting and triggering me
    Totally agree Liam! 

I’m not knocking it. It’s just my experience. Which no one else has expereinced apart from me so I’m allowed to have my views But yeah I’m glad the mix exists
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Starlight said:
    I just found one of the bunnies in the bin!!! Oh my god!! :hushed: What can I do with them aha :lol:

How did it get in the bin? Lol
    I've no experience with Elefriends as im 17 so too young to use it but I  have experience with a similar app and obviously here, iI've said this before but I think everyone is sooo different and different support sites work for different people. That doesn't mean one site doesn't care (I'm sure they all do) but people find different ones suit them better for different reasons. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Can we stop talking about elefriends now please..sorry it's really upsetting and triggering and would really appreciate moving on from this
    edited June 2020
    @GreenTea I have no clue trust me!! Its one of those rotatey lids so must of tried to jump on it then fell in bless her, the other bunny was just sat by the side of the bin and then I heard a bit of a clatter so went to check it out couldn't find her to begin with and I looked everywhere and she was in the bin, what a numpty!!! :lol:
    Yeah very wise of you @independent_ ah
    Aye I think it’s real important to remember that with mental health services were all going to have mixed opinions, some people slip through the net and don’t get the support they deserve and so desperately need, especially when the services are busy. So when someone says they’ve had a good experience, that doesn’t mean that everyone experiences the same. But that also doesn’t mean that they’re any less important, sometimes things just don’t work out. I’m glad these services are out there though because they obviously work for some people and whether it’s 10 or 10,000 people they’re helping, it’s still totally worth it being there
    Starlight said:
    @GreenTea I have no clue trust me!! Its one of those rotatey lids so must of tried to jump on it then fell in bless her, the other bunny was just sat by the side of the bin and then I heard a bit of a clatter so went to check it out couldn't find her to begin with and I looked everywhere and she was in the bin, what a numpty!!! :lol:

Awe haha must of scared herself 😂
    Am I just being ignored? 
    Sorry missed your comment green tea, sure can move on 😛😀
    What is it with animals going where they're not meant to today aha @Starlight
    agree @Liam
    Yeah @GreenTea she probably did bless her little bunny life!! shes fine though the little trickster, moved the bin so she cant get into it now aha. I'm not ignoring you lovely. <3
    @independent_ god knows!! :lol: Maybe its animal rebellion day!!
    Tomorrow I’m going into primark but not to work 😅 wish me luck. I never go in there to shop because it stresses the hell out of me because obvs work there I feel like the manager stare at me but omg I’ve seen they have such nice stuff I just need to go 😅
    What's Everyone doing tomorrow? 
    have fun @Shaunie hope its not too bad! 
    Taking the fluffy lad to Loch Lomond. Dad wants to test out his new car so having a road trip haha 
    @Starlight ahaha, yeah think Theo wanted an adventure. Would have been better if he didn't choose to take that adventure outside our garden 
    Thank you aha!  I’m so wanting nice body suits and nice tops. But everywhere is massive for me. I’m like too flat chested. Lol but who says a flat chested person cant pull off nice tops so I’m gunma but what I want for once😂 I’m fed up of baggy tops cause of my none existent chests lol
    Not sure on tomorrow yet, probably similar to today aha. You?