Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    Hello
    Hello!! <3
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Hello
    Hello!! <3

How are you lovely?
  • Options
    @GreenTea better than I have been, but not great. How are you? <3

• Options
    Sending hugs 💕 you can get through this
  • Options
    Thanks @GreenTea ive got a phone call with the schools well being manager tomorrow (i hope) to see if they can get me any support, so Im hoping that goes well, little anxious about the call though Im sure ill be fine aha. 

What are your plans for the week? 

• Options
    Im also back at my sisters right now with her bunnies so that's fun aha 

• Options
    Bunnies are cute!
  • Options
    They have been trying to eat me :lol:

• Options
    Awe haha cute
  • Options
    Not cute it hurts and just found a cut on my hand from a scratch aha oops, they really are violent bunnies aha

• Options
    Bunnies will always be cute lol
  • Options
    Yeah I guess aha :heart:

What you up to?

• Options
    Just laying in bed lol nothing interesting
  • Options
    Ahh okay, hope you're alright! <3

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    I made an account on elefriends. I literally admited I’m suppose to be banned just waiting for it to happen lol Shouldnt if joined it hate it Gives me a feel I don’t like. so waiting for them to ban me😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I joined elefriends too a while ago, I want the biggest fan either lol I haven’t used it for a while
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Whats elefriends? 

• Options
    I wouldn’t recommend lol 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    I had a nosey at elefriends. The website feels like it’s targeted towards children & young people so I was really quite surprised when I read you had to be 18 or older ! Like whattt? The whole concept of everyone being wee elephants and there being a big elephant moderator feels ... idk... weird 🤣. Like it feels childish and if I was an adult using it I think I’d feel a bit patronised . But that’s just me, I havent used the website cause I’m way too young.  I just think the idea is odd and the advertisements for it make it seem like it’s for young people 😬😬 the fella voicing their ad reminds me of David Attenborough too lol
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    It’s kind of similar to this you can post stuff if you need advice or support. I personally found there were so many people on it you posts would easily be missed and I find some people seem to spam it a lot. I mean obviously that’s just my opinion lol I’m sure some people find it helpful
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Ahhh okay Shaunie, any particular reason?

• Options
    They treated me like shit. I posted how I felt and said it was against guidelines when others literally posted worse and stayed while I got bannned. They must of knew the mods or something because literally unbelievable with what some people got away with 
  • Options
    Plus it feels like social media and I didn’t like it if I never got any reaction 😂
  • Options
    Liam said:
    I had a nosey at elefriends. The website feels like it’s targeted towards children & young people so I was really quite surprised when I read you had to be 18 or older ! Like whattt? The whole concept of everyone being wee elephants and there being a big elephant moderator feels ... idk... weird 🤣. Like it feels childish and if I was an adult using it I think I’d feel a bit patronised . But that’s just me, I havent used the website cause I’m way too young.  I just think the idea is odd and the advertisements for it make it seem like it’s for young people 😬😬 the fella voicing their ad reminds me of David Attenborough too lol

Users choose the name. Not mind. They have a whole new thing now anyway and elefriends is being deleted
  • Options
    I find elefriends really helpful and I've gained a lot of peer to peer support there and I feel cared about and wanted by other people which I don't always feel else where :) it's really helped me 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    I find elefriends really helpful and I've gained a lot of peer to peer support there and I feel cared about and wanted by other people which I don't always feel else where :) it's really helped me 
    Really glad you find it useful 😊 I cant comment on how useful it is as I’m too young to use it but I just thought the concept was odd and wee bit cringe .. but that’s just me ahaha obviously it’s great stuff if people are finding it useful, maybe I’m picky 😆🤣
  • Options
    Liam said:
    GreenTea said:
    Really glad you find it useful 😊 I cant comment on how useful it is as I’m too young to use it but I just thought the concept was odd and wee bit cringe .. but that’s just me ahaha obviously it’s great stuff if people are finding it useful, maybe I’m picky 😆🤣

The whole thing was designed by its users.. I think people need to realise that before attacking it. 
    It's no longer elefriends anyway
  • Options
    It helps some people. Which literally just shows at how different each person gets treated. Some can post what they want and some cant even say a word. It’s weird like that 
  • Options
    Mixed reviews then? :lol: 

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    Heyyyy!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”