Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kasa2103 said:
    I get it if the rules are like keep it PG and use trigger warnings if needed by if you are telling people to keep a GENERAL chit chat thread to stuff like films then sorry but that is a little bit bs.

Can you stop attacking me please? This is a thread I posted. Not the mix. Like I said I never expected it to become this big. Please stop going at me for the fact I feel like MY thread that I posted isn't fulfilling what I originally posted it for. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2020
    I personally just want to put it out there that i FEEL this thread Should be posted by the mix so it doesn't feel like anyone can back seat mod. As no matter who posted it we keep to community guildlines. Like every thread
     otherwise will keep feeling tension. Just trying to help. Hope makes sense
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,828 Master Poster
    Well a lot of threads sometimes become off topic. And I am just saying what I think. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    What’s weather like where everyone’s at ? Scotland’s raining as usual 😩
  • Options
    I think kasa just trying to help. We just all got a bit confused s feels like general chat
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    These are the rules that I think would suit this thread:

1. If you need support use a support thread
    2. You can post what you like on here as long as you use a spoiler if it is triggering and you keep cussing or PG content to a minimum.
    3. Use spoilers for long or triggering messages.
    4. If you have an issue with someone keep it to private messages rather than in public. 
    5. Don't be a dick 

Okay maybe I have broken number 5.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Thankfully not raining Tomorrow where i am :)
  • Options
    I give up. You aren't letting me explain..you are just jumping down my throat..
  • Options
    Liam said:

Sunny and hot here.
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I think kasa just trying to help. We just all got a bit confused s feels like general chat
    It js general chat. Just a 24/7 version with no mods constantly checking it. 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Lucky! 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Liam said:

Sunny and hot here.
    Also lucky ! 🤣
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Shaunie said:
    Lucky! 
    Did you have any plans? 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:

No kasa. That isn't what the intention of this thread was. 
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    @Liam Sunshine here all day. It's beautiful.
  • Options
    Not today Shaunie, feel wee bit under the weather. Hoping the suns out tomorrow might go for a jog or something with the dog 😄 hows teddy getting on after the snip ?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:

Well it is a GENERAL chit chat thread. The title is very important when making things like this.
  • Options
    Aw do you jog with your dog?
     Teddys not going too bad! It's just hugss massive cone getting in the way of everything!  He gets so frustrated 😭 but its kinda cute to watch. He meant to have it in for ten days since. Not sure how long it's been yet

what you dog called again? 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:

Well it is a GENERAL chit chat thread. The title is very important when making things like this.

No kasa. You aren't listening at all..
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:

No kasa. You aren't listening at all..
    If you have an issue with this thread then speak to The Mix.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:
    @Salix_alba_2019
    Done anything nice today?
    Also welcome to our party here ;)
    Heyyy @GreenTea

I've spent part of the afternoon pruning the garden for a little family get together next week 😁anddddd I made myself a Hazelnut coffee ❤️

Yass I love a party!

What have you been up today? 

Hazelnut sounds amazing!! What did you use?
    Family get together sounds amazing haha hope you have fun!
    I had work this morning, left early as struggling with my mental health and needed something more proactive to do!
    Just before I moved back home I bought some Monin hazelnut syrup. At first I thought it didn't taste like anything but it turns out that I wasn't using enough of it😅I was only using 1 table spoon when I needed 3 lol.

Im looking forward to just relaxing, spending time with the cousins and eating a whole bunch of good food ♥️

Oh gosh I completely forgot tht people still had work. Having hard mental health days suck! Hopefully we can help keep you busy here 😉

How are your plants doing BTW? 
  • Options
    Awww bless him. My dog had a cone on and he kept falling up the stairs and walking into the doors with it on so we had to take it off lol. Yea my dog Steve usually comes on jogs with me, unless it’s raining because he refuses to walk in the rain 😅
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Aw do you jog with your dog?
     Teddys not going too bad! It's just hugss massive cone getting in the way of everything!  He gets so frustrated 😭 but its kinda cute to watch. He meant to have it in for ten days since. Not sure how long it's been yet

what you dog called again? 
    Teddy is so cute. I remember you said he got his balls off on Tuesday 16th. That would mean the collar can come off this Friday. Sorry Teddy and Shaunie but just 4 more days of this. 
  • Options
    4 days ! We’re rooting for ye Teddy ❤️ 🐶 
  • Options
    Ah thank you Kasa! <3 i couldn't even bother to work it out myself. Thank you for listening to Me lol. Cant believe you remembered the date ah. 
  • Options
    I created this thread when I was in crisis and ran out of distractions. I made it for small light conversations that people can jump to and from but also catch up on a few hours later. I never meant to let this thread become such a big thing, it isn't a general chat. That's not the aim of the thread. The title is general chitchat because that's the distraction I was looking for at the time of crisis. Originally when started it was small, easy to come and go conversations that were simple and a good distraction. I just feel like some conversations become too deep and those looking for a distraction can't just jump into those types of conversations. 
    I never expected this thread to get so big. I never expected it to become such a big thing. I expected it to be someone who was looking for a distraction to just jump on with "hey what are you watching at the moment" "hey what plans do you have today" etc. 
    Maybe I should of posted a different title and explained better in the original post, but when posting it I wasn't in a good headspace and was desparste. Maybe I need to change the title or something but I feel like it's lost what it was meant to be for.. I've been thinking about it all day and I'm feeling frustrated at myself because of it all.
    I originally asked for it to be deleted and recently did again Because it just didnt feel right anymore. 
  • Options
    lol thanks Liam. He needs all the support he can get right now 😭😂
  • Options
    Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Come on boy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Come on boy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Come on boy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Come on boy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Come on boy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Come on boy! 
  • Options
    Haha thanks kasa😂
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    lol thanks Liam. He needs all the support he can get right now 😭😂
    It looks awful when the animals have to wear collars after surgery but it is for their safety and to prevent them licking wounds or stitches. All 3 of my cats have been done (so no little kittens everywhere) and it was upsetting to see them like that but they got through it. And Teddy can get through this ordeal.