Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Anyone seen any new films recently?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    The subject I studied was more like how the political systems and voting worked, not about the actual news. It was really interesting it gave me some insight into how it worked so I can interpret the news better. 
    That's good though. I guess politics is one subject we do need to know when we leave
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    This has become more of s chitchat thread than what the original aim was.. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,830 Master Poster
    edited June 2020
    @Kasa2103 wow my mind is blown. That is very very confusing.

I had columns to chose mine from which had a few subjects in them that I had to chose from. It was quite limiting as well. 
    Lol. Exactly what everyone was thinking. Thank goodness my school do Options Evening (and it was before lockdown- well it was back in early February.) Managed to speak to some teachers of the GCSE subjects. Almost instantly worked out Spanish was practically calling my name. And that Citizenship was a better idea than Religious Studies (firstly it is more interesting and my grades in Religious Studies are awful.)

Year 7= Barely getting a level 3
    Year 8= Managed to get a level 6 once but usually only at a level 4.
    Year 9= Barely getting a level 5.

For Citizenship  (well the other name it has for year 7, 8 and 9 but I won't confuse everyone with it) my grades have been better.

Year 7= Level 4 (quite good for a year 7 considering I went through about 5 different teachers.)
    Year 8= About a Level 5/Low Level 6.
    Year 9= Been getting Level 7's (top grades for Key Stage 3.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    This has become more of s chitchat thread than what the original aim was.. 🤦‍♀️
    Huh. Isn't a Chit chat thread your intention? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    @greenTea said:
    This has become more of s chitchat thread than what the original aim was..
    🤦‍♀️
    what ye mean pal?
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    @Salix_alba_2019
    Done anything nice today?
    Also welcome to our party here ;)
    Heyyy @GreenTea

I've spent part of the afternoon pruning the garden for a little family get together next week 😁anddddd I made myself a Hazelnut coffee ❤️

Yass I love a party!

What have you been up today? 
  • Options
    @Shaunie no..

@Liam was supposed to be like.. a distraction thread lol. Like a place to speak about films and what we had been up to etc lol. Just feel like it isn't that anymore. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    My sister is here! With more cheesecake!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Oh it says chit chat on the title
  • Options
    What has it become if its not a chit chat thread? 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    @Salix_alba_2019
    Done anything nice today?
    Also welcome to our party here ;)
    Heyyy @GreenTea

I've spent part of the afternoon pruning the garden for a little family get together next week 😁anddddd I made myself a Hazelnut coffee ❤️

Yass I love a party!

What have you been up today? 

Hazelnut sounds amazing!! What did you use?
    Family get together sounds amazing haha hope you have fun!
    I had work this morning, left early as struggling with my mental health and needed something more proactive to do!
  • Options
    Nice. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Oh it says chit chat on the title
    Read the original post. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Oh sorry @GreenTea 😳 I thought you just wanted  a general chat thread like?? Maybe you could make some rules so it’s clear to people what we’re allowed to talk about 😊😊 I just thought you wanted a distraction by chatting about anything 
  • Options
    I don't understand sorry
  • Options
    People have different interests while some are triggering for others some enjoy it
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I took RS and got a U pahahaha 
     RS was the only GCSE I failed 🤣
  • Options

You need to be sharing this cheesecake!

@Liam I did further back somewhere. Might find them and have them or re write them into the original post.
  • Options
    It says General Chit Chat and this is General Chit Chat so what exactly is wrong with it? If the aim of it was to be a distraction thread or film thread then you should have specified that in the title. Many (or at least some) people go by the title rather than what people have commented. 
  • Options
    I think it should be whatever is allowed in general group chat on chat wee. Is allowed here
  • Options
    Sorry @GreenTea ... must’ve missed the rules ! Yeah if you re write them or find them out so we know what we are and aren’t allowed to talk about that’d be handy 😊
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    It says General Chit Chat and this is General Chit Chat so what exactly is wrong with it? If the aim of it was to be a distraction thread or film thread then you should have specified that in the title. Many (or at least some) people go by the title rather than what people have commented. 

It's my thread I started. I explained why in the original post. Please don't come at me like that. It wasn't ment to become this big.. this wasnt my intention with this thread.
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I think it should be whatever is allowed in general group chat on chat wee. Is allowed here

No it's ok. Ima make the re write them for the thread and have them added to the original post
  • Options
    I get it if the rules are like keep it PG and use trigger warnings if needed by if you are telling people to keep a GENERAL chit chat thread to stuff like films then sorry but that is a little bit bs.
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Sorry @GreenTea ... must’ve missed the rules ! Yeah if you re write them or find them out so we know what we are and aren’t allowed to talk about that’d be handy 😊

It's not about that lol. I'll pm you. Hang on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Aye but if it’s upsetting green tea we should stop and follow their rules - perhaps someone could make a wee chit chat thread so everyone is happy😛😄
  • Options
    Well sometimes things like this do just become big. What is wrong with a chit chat space becoming big? 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    oh ok @GreenTea sorry, am just confused 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Aye but if it’s upsetting green tea we should stop and follow their rules - perhaps someone could make a wee chit chat thread so everyone is happy😛😄
    This is a GENERAL CHIT CHAT thread.