Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ahh cool. I like the Australian one
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I’ve just discovered it @GreenTea looks good so far.

@Kasa2103 what subjects are you doing for your GCSES?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Yh I watched the Australian ones before they aired on British TV lol
  • Options
    I love these sorts of programmes. I used to watch embarrassing bodies when it was on :lol: that was .. interesting. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Ughhh why is it so expensive to get a Dyslexia assessment done 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I love these sorts of programmes. I used to watch embarrassing bodies when it was on :lol: that was .. interesting. 

Lol
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    Does anyone use advantage cards like boots or super drug? Ive never really thought about using one until now which is stupid cause shop in there all the time
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Does anyone use advantage cards like boots or super drug? Ive never really thought about using one until now which is stupid cause shop in there all the time
    Me and mum have the boots one , we tend to save all our points up during the year and use them nearer Christmas to get the nicer gifts for the family members we like 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    31 degrees on Wednesday and Thursday. 
    Who's gonna melt with me?
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Me and mum have the boots one , we tend to save all our points up during the year and use them nearer Christmas to get the nicer gifts for the family members we like 🤣
    Oh really lol good idea!!  How much money does it end up to by the end of the year?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie I’ve got boots and Superdrug they’re really worth it. I like @Millie2787’s idea of saving up points. 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,854 Master Poster
    edited June 2020
    I’ve just discovered it @GreenTea looks good so far.

@Kasa2103 what subjects are you doing for your GCSES?
    Sports Leadership 
    Citizenship
    Spanish
    Photography
    Health and Social Care
    Dance
    Got offered Triple Science but turned it down.
    Also doing the compulsory subjects.

I had to choose either Sports Leadership, Dance Leadership or Duke of Edinburgh.

I had to choose either Citizenship or Religious Studies.

I had to choose either Spanish, Geography, History or French. French was completely out of the question. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Shaunie said:
    Oh really lol good idea!!  How much money does it end up to by the end of the year?
    Depends on how much we’ve brought through the year obvs we haven’t got much this week becuase or lockdown 
  • Options
    Omg now i feel like I've been missing out. Going to order one now ha
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 I've asked so many times now.. please remove my ping from a quote if you are going to quote... 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Ughhh if you don’t see me Friday I’m probs in a melted dead heap 🤣
  • Options
    When I was little (well about 7 or 8 years old) my mum told me that I am never allowed to watch that. Accidentally came across about 20 seconds of it last week when flicking through TV channels.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    GreenTea said:

Tempted to get the train to Western and skip work tbh
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Omg now i feel like I've been missing out. Going to order one now ha
    There’s times where you get like double or triple points on certain products aswell 
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh noooooo!! I don’t like heat!! 

@Kasa2103 that’s cool those sounds like good subjects :) 
  • Options
    I got to play with 12 week old staffy puppy today. She was absolutely gorgeous
  • Options
    Omg Im i have been missing out 😭
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:

Can I join 🤣
  • Options
    @independent_ same.. hate feeling to hot and not being able to cool down easy!
  • Options
    Seriously can I justify paying close to £600 for a dyslexia assessment 🥴
  • Options

You get them free when you get to uni. You can ask for one and they do it and then offer you extra support
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I thought they was free. I mean can you put a price on something that could poitentally help you. Sometimes the money is nothing in comparison
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh noooooo!! I don’t like heat!! 

@Kasa2103 that’s cool those sounds like good subjects :) 
    Yeah. I chose Dance and Drama but the teachers had a meeting and they decided it would be best for me to do my backup (which was Dance) rather than Drama (3rd choice) because they thought I would be able to get a better grade (which I agree with) and also because of what I already do outside of school.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 won’t college do it for you?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:

Can I join 🤣
    Am I stupid but where is Western? Sounds awesome.