Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    GreenTea said:
    Seriously can I justify paying close to £600 for a dyslexia assessment 🥴

You get them free when you get to uni. You can ask for one and they do it and then offer you extra support
    I kinda wanted to get one sorted ready for when student finance opens next year so I have everything in place to make the transition to a new setting easier 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Kasa2103 please stop. I've asked so many times if you can remove my ping when you quote please.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,854 Master Poster
    GreenTea said:
    @Kasa2103 please stop. I've asked so many times if you can remove my ping when you quote please.
    What do you mean? 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I thought they was free. I mean can you put a price on something that could poitentally help you. Sometimes the money is nothing in comparison
    Nope @shaunie and @independent_ college and high school both refused to do it even though there’s strong indicators I have it 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTea said:

You get them free when you get to uni. You can ask for one and they do it and then offer you extra support
    I kinda wanted to get one sorted ready for when student finance opens next year so I have everything in place to make the transition to a new setting easier 

Oh ok fair enough. I just know unis do it and they give laptops to students who are and like offer them extra support and tutors
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    What do you mean? 

Everytime you quote to talk to someone else, remove my name so I don't get s notification please. Ive asked you literally 6+ times on theis thread now
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    What do you mean? 

Everytime you quote to talk to someone else, remove my name so I don't get s notification please. Ive asked you literally 6+ times on theis thread now
    I don't get it. I'm not tagging you when speaking to others.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    @Kasa2103 when you quote someone and someone else is tagged in the message it rages them again. 

@Millie2787 it seems so hard to get assessed for it. One of my friends was similar and eventually her college agreed to do it. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thank you @independent_

Just remove my tag in the qoute before sending it please unless you are talking to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @independent_ my high school was allowed to do 3 assessments a year but obvs that had to cover the whole year and I was never a priority 
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 when you quote someone and someone else is tagged in the message it rages them again. 

@Millie2787 it seems so hard to get assessed for it. One of my friends was similar and eventually her college agreed to do it. 
    What is wrong with commenting on here? It is a public area of the boards. 
  • Options
    Even if you just remove the @ it should untag the person.

Dunno where rages came from in my last message but I left it cause it was funny :lol: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Nobody is saying you can't comment here. I'm asking kindly if you can remove my name when you quote a text, if you are going to acknowledge the other person you are quoting. Please.
    I get notifications when you quote other people and my ping is still on the quote @Kasa2103
  • Options
    I don't get it! I can't help it if my settings are rigged 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Literally just remove my name.. click it and press the backspace..

Please... So it limits my notifications and I can acknowledge the people who do ping me a message lol that's all.
    Sorry 
  • Options
    @Millie2787 that’s ridiculous! It seems so expensive for you to get one yourself. I’ve no experience with that but that’s a ridiculous price. 
  • Options
    Why didn't you say that in the first place?
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Why didn't you say that in the first place?

I have... 8+ times now...🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Kasa2103 said:
    I don't get it! I can't help it if my settings are rigged 
    Kasa hunny it’s not to do with your settings x you know when you quote independent there often reply to more than one person , so if another person is still got there @ handle in that quote then it will give them a notification , when you quote if you click in the box and remove the @ of the person your not responding to then it won’t give them the notification hun x
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Kasa2103 interesting choices ! What’s your dream job?
  • Options
    Yeahhh @independent_ in annoying , funny how I want to go into SEN but can’t even get my own learning needs diagnosed 
  • Options
    @Millie2787 that explains it better than I could have :lol: well done. 
  • Options
    Hmm

Whats everyones plans this evening?
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @Kasa2103 interesting choices ! What’s your dream job?
    Shortlisted it down to 3 ideas. 

Chose Sports Leadership for the possibility of being a gymnastics coach.
    Chose Health and Social Care for the possibility of working for the NHS.
    Chose Dance for the possibility of doing something in the Performing Arts.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 I know it’s really hard to get needs met it’s really annoying!! 
  • Options
    Whats everyones plans this evening?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Cool, looks like you’ve got it all planned 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    lol i choose sociology business and geography
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’m not doing much really i think I’m just gonna keep binge watching ambulance :lol: you?
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’m not doing much really i think I’m just gonna keep binge watching ambulance :lol: you?

Fair enough.
    Probably have a good rant to a friend later and then relax for the evening