Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,855 Master Poster
    Liam said:
    Cool, looks like you’ve got it all planned 
    Taken me ages to shortlist it. But I have always had the thought of working for the NHS in my mind. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    IM watching google box for rest of the day
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aidan said:
    A BBQ!

Oh and reading this procrastination self-help book I've been putting off for a while :joy:

Hope you have a nice BBQ. Definitely the weather for it!
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Not got anything planned. Still got A little bit of chest pains so probably just watch Netflix For the rest of the night 😂
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Not got anything planned. Still got A little bit of chest pains so probably just watch Netflix For the rest of the night 😂

Ahhh no! Are you feeling any better?
    Sounds like a chilled evening and an early night is required!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    For my Nat 5s which are like GCSES I chose Music, Modern Studies (which is like a mix of politics, sociology and the legal system) and, English, Maths and Psychology.

For my highers which are like A-Levels I did all of those minus the maths - I couldn’t do higher maths aha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Liam said:
    Cool, looks like you’ve got it all planned 
    Taken me ages to shortlist it. But I have always had the thought of working for the NHS in my mind. 
    Awesome Kasa. I had my heart set on being a fireman but changed my mind hahaha. Think I want to join the Royal Navy or something 😛
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Kasa2103
    i would love to work in the NHS too.
     As peer support worker
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    For my Nat 5s which are like GCSES I chose Music, Modern Studies (which is like a mix of politics, sociology and the legal system) and, English, Maths and Psychology.

For my highers which are like A-Levels I did all of those minus the maths - I couldn’t do higher maths aha.
    Modern Studies sounds really interesting (except for Politics!)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @Liam do it. The navy is a brilliant career! 
  • Options
    Yf
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    I took RS and got a U pahahaha 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @GreenTea I love a good rant too! I hope you have a nice evening!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea Yeah! I just have a short attention span and I’m really gogogo so not sure it would be the right job for me. Hmm.. but I’d like to😊 
  • Options
    @GreenTea I love a good rant too! I hope you have a nice evening!

I have good rant most evenings about the day lol. It's a healthy coping strategy
  • Options
    Should of been volunteering at young carers festival either this weekend or next weekend I can’t remember but it got cancelled 😩
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I love politics Kasa it’s sooooo interesting to learn how it all works.
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @GreenTea Yeah! I just have a short attention span and I’m really gogogo so not sure it would be the right job for me. Hmm.. but I’d like to😊 

If you are unsure, there are career offices that are really good and they can send you on like weekend tasters and stuff
  • Options
    @Millie2787 that’s a shame I bet that’d have been good. This year is basically a write off for events and stuff aha.
  • Options
    Should of been volunteering at young carers festival either this weekend or next weekend I can’t remember but it got cancelled 😩

Are they doing anything online for it?
  • Options
    The way that my school has set out the way that you must choose GCSE options is confusing. 

Firstly you must choose a PE subject (Sports Leadership, Dance Leadership or Duke of Edinburgh.)

Then you must choose Citizenship or Religious Studies. 

Then you must choose History, Geography or a language as your first choice but you can only do the language that you have studied in Year 7, 8 and 9. Also, you can choose History, Geography and the language or a combination but it would limit your other options.

You can only choose Fine Art or Photography or Textiles (not compulsory.)

You can only choose Business, Enterprise or Economics  (not compulsory.)

You can only choose ICT Cambridge Nationals or Computer Science (but you can only take Computer Science if recommended by your Year 9 teacher.) Neither are compulsory.

You can only choose Triple Science if you have been recommended by your Year 9 teacher.

Some students are recommended to take one less subject or do Study Support.
  • Options
    Might go buy a bottle of wine tbh
  • Options
    I love politics Kasa it’s sooooo interesting to learn how it all works.
    Is it stuff like the News or not?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:

No :( there doing a memory video and some activities  through the week to help them plan for next year but sad times I was part of a group who planned a lot of the themes stuff for this year back in January 
  • Options
    Oh god. Let's not talk politics here lmao. 
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 wow my mind is blown. That is very very confusing.

I had columns to chose mine from which had a few subjects in them that I had to chose from. It was quite limiting as well. 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:

No :( there doing a memory video and some activities  through the week to help them plan for next year but sad times I was part of a group who planned a lot of the themes stuff for this year back in January 

Ahh that really sucks.
     Can you be involved with next year planning?
  • Options
    Seems unfair to give you options but limiting your options to the point where you barely have any 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Politics and PDE was my worst subject. It was only half a GCSE
  • Options
    The subject I studied was more like how the political systems and voting worked, not about the actual news. It was really interesting it gave me some insight into how it worked so I can interpret the news better.