Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,157 Wise Owl
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Xee wrote: »
    why is everyone online when I'm not and when I'm online and want someone to talk to everyone has just vanished 😭

Ikr, why is it always like that haha. I've just arrived in Poland and am limiting the time I spend on the mix, the amount of stuff that's been happening here since I stopped being so active is just wild...

Poland????? How is it, sounds so cool
    edited July 2023
    Can anyone explain to me what it means to be non - binary? I just don't understand what it means at all - like I know the description, but just confused about how people identify it and their sexual orientation - it just confuses my non existent brain. Just genuinely interested
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    Xee wrote: »
    why is everyone online when I'm not and when I'm online and want someone to talk to everyone has just vanished 😭

Ikr, why is it always like that haha. I've just arrived in Poland and am limiting the time I spend on the mix, the amount of stuff that's been happening here since I stopped being so active is just wild...

Poland????? How is it, sounds so cool

@IainJammyboy It is cool haha! I love it here, it's like a true home to me, plus I have my whole family here. Living away from them all in England is just so boring and sad and lonely. We got here by car which took like 20 hours lol and so I was extremely tired and fell asleep during the day which isnt something I usually do. And so I woke up at like 10pm and can't sleep lol. How are you doing?
    Believe in me - who believes in you
    Oh btw, we are 1 hour in front so its literally 1:30 here now xD
    @JJLemon18 I'm on holiday with my family in a wee town an hour's drive away from Stornoway - you'd think it's exciting and cool but there's nothing up here except a small shop that's open for 3 hours a day and a museum that's literally the size of my bedroom. Can't wait to go home tomorrow lol, I love city life - most difficult week of my life lmao
    @IainJammyboy oof, that sounds boring haha. Is the museum good at least?
    Sorry to hear your week's been so difficult <3
    @JJLemon18 nah I'm okay just bored lol. They had a few old pieces of farming equipment from about 50 years ago and some pictures but that was about it lmao - the cafe reminded me of after Sunday church service cafe vibes (if that makes any sense), but they had really good chocolate cake though
    @IainJammyboy my grandad has farming equipment from like 100 years ago in his garage xD
    I know what you mean haha, but at least the chocolate cake was good!
    Ngl I was soo tired that when I woke up earlier I thought to myself "where tf am I?" I genuinely can't remember most of the trip lol. Plus pair that with dissociation and I literally feel like I've teleported here xD
  • CG_2004CG_2004 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    hi :)
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    hru :)?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @CG_2004 struggling a lot tbh. How's u

im ok. sry to hear that. What’s going on?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @CG_2004 just life but I cant talk abt it cos of guidlines

Sorry to hear. always here.
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    Anyone else just getting notifications from while ago and click on it and it goes but then it keeps coming back the exact same notification
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    Does anyone have a small portable photo printer. I want one but then the actual paper is so expensive. Like ummm it’s literally just over one pound for one print but when I get something I want in my head it’s hard to get out lol. Cause I just wanna make cute little photo albums for different friends and stuff
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    edited July 2023
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @Chloe234 Lil Nora Bear :')

And...ji5bh6afuhon.jpg

She looks so elegant 😍
    Chloe234 wrote: »

And also this guy <3

Thank you for making my day by posting these!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,523 The Mix Elder
    Amy22 wrote: »
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @Amy22 What's it about?? I haven't heard of it!

i think its a sci fi disaster film its got morgan freeman and elijah wood it was very good!

is this the one on netflix? might give it a watch then! x

I don't actually know if its on Netflix as I haven't got it but if it is the one then I reccomend it. Also Armageddon is also quite similar too but not as good as Deep Impact they both have the same storyline really.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    Can anyone explain to me what it means to be non - binary? I just don't understand what it means at all - like I know the description, but just confused about how people identify it and their sexual orientation - it just confuses my non existent brain. Just genuinely interested

I think non binary means to exist outside of the binary. I know The Mix has got an article on what it means to be non-binary. I think a person would feel non-binary if they feel like they exist outside of the general gender binary in a way. I am also still learning about it too so I'm probably not the best at explaining it that well. Hopefully this helps though ish
    Siobhan wrote: »
    Does anyone have a small portable photo printer. I want one but then the actual paper is so expensive. Like ummm it’s literally just over one pound for one print but when I get something I want in my head it’s hard to get out lol. Cause I just wanna make cute little photo albums for different friends and stuff

That sounds like a brilliant idea to do especially as then you can print out photos and give them as gifts. I haven't got one but I have seen them online and they do look good. I think there is one where you also have an app on your phone so you can edit frames and stuff too before connecting to the printer.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,908 Extreme Poster
    Hey hey anyone who is online still! X
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    @Jellyelephant Helloo!

Hiya how’s it going
    Hey hey anyone who is online still! X

Hello :)
    I really want to crochet but I do know what I should make at the moment, I really fancy a challenge :)

Hiya how’s it going

It's absolutely perfect... Anyways, how are you doing? :)
    @JJLemon18 I noticed your on holiday btw how's it going so far?. :)
    I really want to crochet but I do know what I should make at the moment, I really fancy a challenge :)

Hey Amy :) what kind of things do you crochet? Do you make like animals or flowers or something? X
    @Amy22 Hey, it's alright. I just wish I could feel more present you know. Been moving around a lot so at least I'm finally getting some exercise haha. How are you doing? Any interesting plans for the summer?
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,215 Boards Guru
    Feeling a little lonely. Hope it's okay to join. Won't be for too long tho
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Hey Amy :) what kind of things do you crochet? Do you make like animals or flowers or something? X

Oo I make kind of everything really lol I want to go into doll making maybe, I recently did crochet a blanket and I make random granny squares. I do love a good old flower though and plushies. Speaking of which I need to finish doing the arms of my stay puft marshmallow man and on my vodoo inspired doll too and put eyes on them xd