Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,523 The Mix Elder
    @Amy22 heeey how are you?

Im not too bad im doing some crochet and watching Gotham xd
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,953 Legendary Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »

Nice one!! I’ve switched over to Bullseye like an old lady now! Wish I could crochet or knit or something but it’s not a talent i have ever really had (tbh I’ve never took the time to learn)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,908 Extreme Poster
    Not too bad, watching 2 complete idiots taking shots and gaming on twitch. Didn’t join them in the shots :joy: how is everyone else?

Not sure what twitch is cos am olddddd but sounds fun lmao. I’m watching Netflix trying to decide whether to go for a facial tomorrow or save my money and leave it

Ah it’s a streaming service that gamers use to play games live. Fun to watch sometimes. I’ve spent the day in front of the TV, well most of it met up with a friend for coffee this morning then took the dog out this afternoon during the short gap in the rain.

Ooh facial sounds lovely, i had a massage on holiday which was amazing. Tomorrow there’s a band playing over at my local pub that we’re booked in to see from 3 so need to get ready and get his lordship (dog) out before that

Ohhh ok thanks for telling me! Have you been watching anything good? Sounds like a decent day tbh? Yeah a facial sounds nice there’s one appt left for tomorrow at 12 so I’m tempted to book it… oh that sounds like it will be good a bit of live music is always enjoyable

I’ve just been watching air crash investigation or whatever it’s called on My 5, i can watch that now I’m back from holiday. It was one of the only english programmes on Italian TV which was kinda a just a little bit worrying!

Gotta treat yourself sometimes! Yes I’m looking forward to seeing them it’s a local band I think, never heard of them so hoping it should actually be good. All the bands we’ve seen there in the past have been great and it’s an excuse to sit in a beer garden…maybe, if it’s not raining. If it is they might move it inside or we might just need an umbrella lol

Ah ok I’ve never watched that before. Also lol that it was one of the only English programmes haha! Yeah that’s true I do need to treat myself ;) ah live music in a pub is usually good it’s a nice atmosphere isn’t it

I remember finding an English Channel on the TV finally through channel surfing for about half an hour :lol: and then waking up in the night (yup i sleep with the telly on) to something about aeroplane crashes. Not the best thing to wake up to!

I’m defo looking forward to it it will be a good time, and we’re staying for food afterwards probably. They do these halloumi fritter things which are the best!

Lol that’s definitely not ideal tv material for holidays!! Ooh foodddd hehe
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Not too bad, watching 2 complete idiots taking shots and gaming on twitch. Didn’t join them in the shots :joy: how is everyone else?

Not sure what twitch is cos am olddddd but sounds fun lmao. I’m watching Netflix trying to decide whether to go for a facial tomorrow or save my money and leave it

Ah it’s a streaming service that gamers use to play games live. Fun to watch sometimes. I’ve spent the day in front of the TV, well most of it met up with a friend for coffee this morning then took the dog out this afternoon during the short gap in the rain.

Ooh facial sounds lovely, i had a massage on holiday which was amazing. Tomorrow there’s a band playing over at my local pub that we’re booked in to see from 3 so need to get ready and get his lordship (dog) out before that

Ohhh ok thanks for telling me! Have you been watching anything good? Sounds like a decent day tbh? Yeah a facial sounds nice there’s one appt left for tomorrow at 12 so I’m tempted to book it… oh that sounds like it will be good a bit of live music is always enjoyable

I’ve just been watching air crash investigation or whatever it’s called on My 5, i can watch that now I’m back from holiday. It was one of the only english programmes on Italian TV which was kinda a just a little bit worrying!

Gotta treat yourself sometimes! Yes I’m looking forward to seeing them it’s a local band I think, never heard of them so hoping it should actually be good. All the bands we’ve seen there in the past have been great and it’s an excuse to sit in a beer garden…maybe, if it’s not raining. If it is they might move it inside or we might just need an umbrella lol

Ah ok I’ve never watched that before. Also lol that it was one of the only English programmes haha! Yeah that’s true I do need to treat myself ;) ah live music in a pub is usually good it’s a nice atmosphere isn’t it

I remember finding an English Channel on the TV finally through channel surfing for about half an hour :lol: and then waking up in the night (yup i sleep with the telly on) to something about aeroplane crashes. Not the best thing to wake up to!

I’m defo looking forward to it it will be a good time, and we’re staying for food afterwards probably. They do these halloumi fritter things which are the best!

Then being a typical man my partner started watching it :lol: but he loves planes and how they work
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,096 Legendary Poster

Then being a typical man my partner started watching it :lol: but he loves planes and how they work

Only just came on to the thread but that definitely sounds like men. Haha.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Oh no haha !!! I’m watching too hot to handle on Netflix. It’s just trashy tv lmao
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,523 The Mix Elder

Nice one!! I’ve switched over to Bullseye like an old lady now! Wish I could crochet or knit or something but it’s not a talent i have ever really had (tbh I’ve never took the time to learn)

Aw I love bulleye that is a good show to watch. I watched a new game show which is similar to the wall but i think its called money drop its quite good. I found it hard to pick up at first but i guess i got the knack of it lol
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    Siobhan wrote: »
    Does anyone have a small portable photo printer. I want one but then the actual paper is so expensive. Like ummm it’s literally just over one pound for one print but when I get something I want in my head it’s hard to get out lol. Cause I just wanna make cute little photo albums for different friends and stuff

That sounds like a brilliant idea to do especially as then you can print out photos and give them as gifts. I haven't got one but I have seen them online and they do look good. I think there is one where you also have an app on your phone so you can edit frames and stuff too before connecting to the printer.

Yeah I’ve been doing some more googling on it but omg so expensive just for the plan photo paper. Like £1 each when in boots you can print of 200 for £15 atm. If I got my own printer that would cost £200 and compared to £15 I’m so confused and I’ve looked everywhere for the cheapest that do good quality but cheap and I’m so confused on why it’s so expensive

But then I did see someone has one and they put 4 photos on one picture and then cut them out and stick them on their calendar for the day that was taken. I thought that was nice as that sort of things makes you wanna do stuff and go sight seeing just so you can have memories and be more mindful and then technically that would be like 25p per picture. But yeah I need to do some more googling I mean I could just go and print 200 pictures on boots for £15 but i don’t know
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    Lol and I was thinking my dad is the only weirdo interested in watching plane crashing videos (and a ton of other catastrophes lol) I don't get how that's so entertaining, I'm here questioning my own gender now xD
    Believe in me - who believes in you
    Tbh the investigation bit after is the interesting bit for me, I like how they usually learn lessons from when planes go wrong
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Hi

Hey Morgyn
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Tbh the investigation bit after is the interesting bit for me, I like how they usually learn lessons from when planes go wrong

I see. Btw I'm absolutely not calling anyone a weirdo for liking this type of stuff haha, I just used to find the concept of watching catastrophes a little odd and kind of unsettling with how much my dad watches them. Am I not a man for not finding these interesting lol?
    edited September 18
    Hiya @Past User :)
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @Past User How are you doing? You too can't sleep?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    No sleep for me either
    edited September 18
    @Past User oh no, what is it? :( I'm not too great either, I think I'm completely losing my mind
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    Whats up @Jellyelephant u ok?

Ah just my mental health is in a bad place atm but it’s not really appropriate for this thread. Thanks for asking though :)
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @Past User you can always vent to me if you want :)
    It's 18 minutes past 1 here omg I should probably sleep...
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @Jellyelephant sorry to hear that, your welcome to pm whenever you like, always here for you and if okay hugs <3

Thank you that’s kind I appreciate it <3
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @Past User don't worry about it, I don't think there's anything that could trigger me that bad, I'm pretty resilient to triggers hehe ;)
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    @Past User of course! In the meantime I'll try my best not to fall asleep lol
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    Night night @Past User Big hugs <3
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,056 Wise Owl
    Morning everyone! Looks like their was a alot of chat last night <3 Hope everyone got some sleep.Any nice plans today?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited September 18
    Aw no @Past User are you feeling ok and aw ur doggie is so cute whats their name
    Post edited by TheMix on
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    oh no do u hv any antihsitmaines or anything that might help. Allergies are the worse aww barney is so cute how old is he.
    aww they r so cute when their that age haha but a bit mental. Hopefully it calms down a bit just try not to itch even tho i know its so hard! My tilly is 10 and still acts like shes 2 lol
    A black labrador <3 Aw no have u tried mabye like running ur arm under water ik it sounds silly but sometimes it gets the itchy stuff off altho it depend what it is
    Yeh good idea to wake ur mum up soon she might hopefully have something to help Do you know what it was that u had a allergy 2
    Aw no allergies suck so much! Hopefully it calms down a bit but if not mabye u might have to get it checked out. It probably isnts a heat rash but thats the only other thing i can mabye think of if you tried like changing your clothes or taking away the blankets <3
    Also just saw ur other thread about whats been going on ill answer now <3