Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    I’m seeing my niece today for the first time in ages. Will be nice
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Should I mention to my GP that my meds are causing really bad acid reflux?
    Definitely @GreenTea mention any side effects that are bothering you in any way. :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    GreenTea said:
    @GreenTea a Christmas of self care sounds like a nice plan if you have to spend it alone. It’s not an easy time of year for everyone, I think around that time and in the lead up to it it’s extra important that everyone is kind and supportive to others because you never know what people are going through 

Lol I wish. All I ever get is shut down and left alone 😬
    I just wanna say I respect your descion to cancel chirstmas. I dont wanna sound like an ass for dismissing you. Lol.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @Anch0r33 oh so long. I was starting to miss you :lol:

@ThatFelixGuy hey felix, just out at the shops, wyd today?
    Movie night :D
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GreenTea said:
    Should I mention to my GP that my meds are causing really bad acid reflux?
    Definitely @GreenTea mention any side effects that are bothering you in any way. :) 

Idk. They want to increase so god knows how this is gonna go 😂
  • Options
    Oooh what movie? @ThatFelixGuy
  • Options
    @GreenTea you’re better off mentioning it to them and then they might be able to recommend something to help you with that side effect :) hope the increase goes well and that it helps you
  • Options
    Thank you. 

Who knows what's gonna happen anymore lol honestly it's so bad that any food sets it off 😂
  • Options
    Binge watching Ackley bridge 👌
  • Options
    Oooh what movie? @ThatFelixGuy
    House of 1000 Corpses
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Binge watching Ackley bridge 👌
    I approve of this
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm all for a Christmas within the family you live with and following the rules. I just hope people are smart and don't ruin the country more so than we already are. 

I believe I read by next month we'll be on track to have 120000 cases per day. That's an awful lot. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Daily cases are higher than when in march. If you Google covid cases UK, it gives you a graph that's updated constantly
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    On my way back to uni to meet up with my friends not on placement. I’m soooo excited. Anyone doing anything today? 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    I gotta check on my hair in an hour. Movie night is at 8PM so got a while yet...waiting for my old man to cook me some Bacon like he promised!

I could cook it but I am lazy...lol.
  • Options
    It's crazy, the numbers. 

Yeah it's predicted to go that high if the current trends are followed. 

I think far too many people are flaunting the rules and being stupid. Why are pubs open?? But I can't go to my uni seminar class consisting of 10 people?? Makes no sense to me. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:
    It's crazy, the numbers. 

I think far too many people are flaunting the rules and being stupid. Why are pubs open?? But I can't go to my uni seminar class consisting of 10 people?? Makes no sense to me. 
    It is to support the economy. If it falls, then when covid ends, we will be in for a very hard time.
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:
    It's crazy, the numbers. 

Nothing makes sense anymore. A lot of things the government has choosen to do is very twisted and all over the place. 
  • Options
    I work in the bar industry, and whilst I am not working rn, I can tell you now the one thing that will start boosting the economy? Tax beer. But the owner of Weatherspoons will NOT allow that to ever happen.
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    On my way back to uni to meet up with my friends not on placement. I’m soooo excited. Anyone doing anything today? 

Hello, hope you have a nice time with your friends!
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    The numbers of cases come from freshers at uni is insane 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    @GreenTea Asda do some OTC anacids that I take there orange and you just gotta suck them ... I would recommend trying those if your finding the meds are helping 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    There's more ways to support the economy than opening pubs. 

Restaurants, shops etc hairdressers, local businesses are all things that should have been opened before pubs. 

And I'm sorry but I think education should be more of a priority than getting drunk surrounded by other drunk people, leaning on each other and not socially distancing. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    @GreenTea Asda do some OTC anacids that I take there orange and you just gotta suck them ... I would recommend trying those if your finding the meds are helping 

I don't like the orange ones, I have some branded ones that taste not orange but really don't like them. Might have to suck it up and deal with it
  • Options
    @Anch0r33 where I work is bossing it 😂 no cases yet, smaller bubbles, zoom ready so people can join the class through zoom 
  • Options
    Rule of 6 is gonna me horrible for us this Christmas as it’s normally the time my family (4 of us ) and my sister and her 2 children and fiancé meet snd we do breakfast at hers etc but obviously that’s 8 of us so that’s not going to happen lol 😂 

Might get a maccies breakfast HAHHAHA 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Having a very strange conversation on another forum.. cucumber in sandwhiches or nah?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    Daily cases are higher than when in march. If you Google covid cases UK, it gives you a graph that's updated constantly
    That’s only because more people are being tested 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    OHHHH IM A COMMUNITY VETERAN 

I might even be working Christmas Day yet depending on work 

as for the paperwork thought  if answered @GreenTea
    I gave up after I did the occupational health one LOl
  • Options
    @Millie2787 fair enough!