Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Group Chat Schedule 29th March - 4th April

ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
Hey hey everyone :)

Here's the week schedule for group chats for this week:

Sunday 29th
General Chat
Support Chat

Monday 30th
General Chat
Support Chat

Tuesday 31st
General Chat
Support Chat
Support Circle

Wednesday 1st
General Chat
Support Chat

Thursday 2nd
General Chat
Support Chat

Support Chat (8-9.30pm): A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment.

General Chat (8.9.30pm): A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. 

Support Circle (7.55-9.30pm): Support Circle is a Support Chat of no more than 4 people seeking support, where everyone takes it in turns to share while the rest of the group listens. We have places for people who want to come and get support or attend as listeners. You can sign-up here.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Have a nice day!

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Still hoping the issues with Group Chat will be fixed in time for tonight. If they're not and we do need to cancel, someone will post on this thread to let you all know. We should be fixed by then, though. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Chat is on tonight. We just have to use the website instead of the normal method the regulars use.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Nope it's not working 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm logged in fine :)
    edited April 2020
    Group Chat may or may not go ahead tonight, depending on how quickly things are fixed.

If chat is on: It might be that things are fixed enough for chat to go ahead but it may not be perfect - one or two things may still be broken or look a bit different. If that's the case, try to make the most of the session you're in and we'll break out those final issues when we can. :)  

If chat isn't on: @Aidan will let you know and then start a General Chat discussion here on the boards. If you'd like support rather than a chill space, you can create a thread over in one of the support areas or check in with the hugs thread.

Thanks for bearing with us everyone, and sorry for the uncertainty!
    Do you think that Chatwee is ill?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Its possible its under the weather @Kasa2103 lol

If chat does not work tonight i am more than happy to make another support thread :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    looks like it's still broken- but we shall see
     :'( 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Huge thanks to @Aidan and @Laine for being available to run some threads yesterday. :)

Update on today: we're still running into some problems and will bring you updates as we have them. We're hoping to go ahead with Group Chats tonight but we should have some people on standby to run some boards discussions if not.

Thank you again for being patient and bearing with us, everyone. Obviously support is needed more than ever at the moment and we know it's not easy to go without chat. We're working on it. :)
    The software is working well enough for Group Chats to go ahead tonight. Woop!

BUT, there are a few things to note:
    • You need to go in via the Group Chat page and click ‘join’. The direct link does not work.
    • Rooms are taking a few minutes to become visible once they're opened. Because of this, we'll be opening rooms at 7:55pm tonight but mods won't be there until 8pm.
    • People aren't being automatically removed from rooms when they're closed. To fix this, you'll be temporarily banned at 9:30. Everyone will be unbanned tomorrow - this is just to make sure the rooms are cleared when the mods leave.
    • There is currently a 'test chat' scheduled - please ignore it.
    • The tools moderators have access to (delete, freeze, ban...) may work a little differently while the final kinks are being ironed out. Be patient with them if something doesn't work as expected.

It might be that all these problems are fixed by 8pm, but this is the case as of now (6:30pm). If anything goes majorly wrong tonight, some folks should be around to create some boards threads. :)

Enjoy and I hope it goes well!
    Mike said:
    The software is working well enough for Group Chats to go ahead tonight. Woop!

BUT, there are a few things to note:
    • You need to go in via the Group Chat page and click ‘join’. The direct link does not work.
    • Rooms are taking a few minutes to become visible once they're opened. Because of this, we'll be opening rooms at 7:55pm tonight but mods won't be there until 8pm.
    • People aren't being automatically removed from rooms when they're closed. To fix this, you'll be temporarily banned at 9:30. Everyone will be unbanned tomorrow - this is just to make sure the rooms are cleared when the mods leave.
    • There is currently a 'test chat' scheduled - please ignore it.
    • The tools moderators have access to (delete, freeze, ban...) may work a little differently while the final kinks are being ironed out. Be patient with them if something doesn't work as expected.

It might be that all these problems are fixed by 8pm, but this is the case as of now (6:30pm). If anything goes majorly wrong tonight, some folks should be around to create some boards threads. :)

Enjoy and I hope it goes well!
    Thank you Mike. We also did some tests in the test chat earlier to check autoscroll and stuff like that. For autoscroll to work, you might have to refresh your page.

Sounds a bit scary that we are getting temporarily banned but I understand and appreciate that it is for technical purposes and not punishment! :)
    It doesn't look like it is fixed- it's still all big 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey folks, 

Just an update for chat tonight it may be best to use private browsing to access chat. 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    @louisa982 are you accessing it via the embedded version on the chat page here: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

If so, try using private browser or incognito mode as Stephanie suggested. Hopefully should fix the issue. Alternatively if you clear your cache and cookies, that may help.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Ed_ said:
    @louisa982 are you accessing it via the embedded version on the chat page here: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

If so, try using private browser or incognito mode as Stephanie suggested. Hopefully should fix the issue. Alternatively if you clear your cache and cookies, that may help.
    Yeah i'm using the link and private isnt working 
    louisa982 said:
    Ed_ said:

Yeah i'm using the link and private isnt working 
    What Internet browser is it and what device are you using?
    An incognito window appears to be working for me, hopefully using that and going through group chats works for everyone x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

which browser are people using? chrome and microsoft edge are not working . and clearing my cookies made it worse
    It's working! 
    louisa982 said:
    which browser are people using? chrome and microsoft edge are not working . and clearing my cookies made it worse

Hope you manage to get it working Louisa 
  • Dontknow209Dontknow209 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Its not working
    Is anyone there.?? Please help
    I'm on chrome myself

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

So its working for everyone? Because im still struggling and im not even sure if these messages are getting through. Ughh this is a headache
    So its working for everyone? Because im still struggling and im not even sure if these messages are getting through. Ughh this is a headache

Sorry I'm not in the chat so I wouldn't know. I am seeing these messages though! 
    Sorry it isn't working for you
    @GreenTea Thanks for replying :)
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for bearing with us everyone, and apologies to those who still had issues yesterday.

We're always updating the techies with what we know and what happens each night, and we'll keep this thread updated with any new information we get back from them. :)
    Chatwee is working! As long as the mods know and remember to log in then we will have chat. Hopefully no more issues.