Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Support chat 01/04 Replacement thread.

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
Hey folks!

Yet again i am sorry to hear chat is not working. But i'm happy to assure you i am here tonight to listen and support with any issues x 

Aidan is also making a general thread you can pop over to.

stay strong <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Laine Can I talk to you about something please? 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Of course, i'm here :)  you can post it or drop me a message x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    I'll post it because someone else might have had an experience with it. 

Tonight I'm increasing the dosage of my medication but when I first started taking it, it made me really ill and I was being sick. The GP said there's a chance of it happening again and I'm just a bit worried :( 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Did the effects calm down after getting used to it? so it was just the initial burst?

either way i think its best to remain positive as stress and worry can make you feel queasy! 

when are you takin your higher dose? x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    I had to take a week off of college. I was being sick for a few days and the general dizziness and other effects lasted for about two weeks. It also made me really tired, I fell asleep during the day the first time I took it so now I take it at night. I'll take the new dose tonight around 9ish
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    Shaking with anxiety right now. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Oh that doesn't sound good!

Your gp isn't concerned about it happening again?

When you take try to make sure you remain calm and maybe distract yourself? do something fun talk about fun, listen to music, colour in ect.

If you feel sick the NHS has a page with some suggestions to reduce the nausea feeling 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/feeling-sick-nausea/

There is a chance has you have been taking it that it may not happen with an increase.

As my when they increased me sisters meds she didn't feel sick or get the same migraines she did when she started x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Oh no Kasa! loads of hugs <3

Whats up?

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    @MountainPeak when I had my fluoxetine increased the side effects only lasted a few days as it was already in my system 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Laine They said the first time that I might feel sick but when I started actually being sick my mum went and spoke to them and they said that it's okay and I had the choice to either get through it or I could stop taking them. I decided to push through it because they said the meds would be good for me in the long run 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Heyyy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    Laine said:
    Oh no Kasa! loads of hugs <3

Whats up?
    I will send you a pm. I would rather not share it where it is public. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Here if anyone wants to talk <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Millie2787 Was it as severe as the first time? I'm taking sertraline 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Dontknow209Dontknow209 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hey
  • Options
    Just was checking if this was working. Finally i found this page. It was getting me so angry, i thought it was my wifi or something being wierd since yesterday

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    @Millie2787 Was it as severe as the first time? I'm taking sertraline 
    No I found I just had a slight headache for a few days and that I wasn’t drowsy but I was really drowsy when I first started taking them at the lower dose.

im not sure about sertraline but in hindsight I should imagine as the medication is already in your system the side effects should be as severe as before 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    citalopram Is the best antidepessent for less side affects. Apperently recently they found sertaline hardly does anything 
  • Options
    Is there 2 accounts. One for the actual the mix and then dashboards? It is confusing
  • Options
    Im so bored im going in sane
  • Options
    @Shaunie Sertraline has literally been a life saver for me! I've found it to be really good, I haven't had a single panic attack whilst taking it!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Hey @Dontknow209
    the account for the mix and here at the message boards are seperate yeah :)

Same shaunie it was fun whilst i caught up stuff i couldn't do but its getting old 

sure thing @Kasa2103 x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Shaunie Sertraline has literally been a life saver for me! I've found it to be really good, I haven't had a single panic attack whilst taking it!
    Aw that's good!  
  • Options
    I've been taking over the counter promethazine to knock me out during this lockdown. It's literally so strong I'm basically unconscious 30 mins after taking it. Its a horrible feeling though like not natural sleep but yeah.  Very strong for calmig you down anyway
  • Options
    @Shaunie I used to be prescribed Zopiclone for sleeping and it was horrible! I get what you mean about unnatural sleep, I used to wake up feeling groggy and as if I hadn't actually been to sleep
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    How was everyday's day? What did you do?
  • Options
    @Shaunie It was good thank you, how was yours? I spent the morning learning a new jazz piece on the guitar and then I spent the afternoon studying...
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hi
  • Options
    Oh that sounds fun! What do you study? I was gunna cut the garden but couldnt be bothered. Did tick tocks with my sister 😂. And then i did my jigsaw and learnt some driving theory stuff. Then i face timed my older sister. 

But im so bored and my family wont let me go out to the shop cause only someone can go once a week but i want to go out by myself and get my own stuffPissing me off.