Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No options left

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    How you holding up @Shaunie?

If there's anything we can do that might help take the edge off (e.g. help brainstorm some distractions) then this is definitely a good space for that. As per, you're also welcome to have a vent if you need to.

Also, do keep in mind any crisis services that you might want to reach out to. Particularly if you want to be explicit and potentially talk about things you can't say here, those places are a safe place to do that. Papyrus (call 0800 068 41 41, text: 0778 620 9697) tend to be a bit more pragmatic than the others, so might be able to work with you on practical ways to cope tonight if that's helpful.

Let us know how you're doing. I hope you manage to get through tonight okay but, even if you can't fight off those urges, it's not your fault and you can bounce back. :star:    
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I really want to die. think i need to go to hospital
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    If you think you need to go to hospital then go Shaunie. Do you mean A&E or a psychiatric ward? Personally I hate sitting in A&E for hours and psychiatric wards arent helpful they keep me safe in some respects though but if you think you need to go then go.
  • Options
    I think ill be fine actually. But thank you. Hospital never cares anyway
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2019
    @Lubna said:
    If you think you need to go to hospital then go Shaunie. Do you mean A&E or a psychiatric ward? Personally I hate sitting in A&E for hours and psychiatric wards arent helpful they keep me safe in some respects though but if you think you need to go then go.
    Seconded. ^ If you're considering going, it's worth trusting your instincts on this one @Shaunie and getting yourself the right level of support. If you're really not safe with yourself right now then going to hospital, while perhaps not ideal depending on your experience, is a lot safer than being alone.

Do you think you might go today?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Ffs going to walk in centre/minor injuries now. Not going to hsopital. Think the last time i went was the time secrutiy threw me out lol so yeah hate it there and the staff tbh
  • Options
    LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    edited November 2019
    Good luck Shaunie! Is someone going with you?

Lol why did security throw you out?
  • Options
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. I was going to go with my sister 😭😭😭😭😭but i
     not now. Shes just really upset me. Havent cried in front of her in ages. But she really doesnt give a shi and least support person ever. And just said im depressing. For tbe first time i try to seek help to her ratjer than like some police coming. I said "youre supportive" sarcasm. And them she "i don’t know what to say" well no need to look at me likeshit and say "youre depressing " 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    I cant. I want to kill myself. No one care
  • Options
    Now shes following me with the dog pretending she cares. Telling her to fuck off. Im crying where you cant breth😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    Fucking hell. I cant stop crying. She looked at me like scum. She knows she did. Shes trying to say sorry
  • Options
    Now shes crying. Fml
  • Options
    Its too painful to be alive. I cant breath. No one cares. I just want world to swallow me up. 😭. Fucjing di
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    I hope the walk-in centre is helpful @Shaunie. It's really positive that you're going there <3

Remember your local Mind sanctuary is also open today from 6pm if you'd like some more support and Samaritans are also an option too. 

Keep us updated with how everything is going. You can fight through these feelings, keep going <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Im still at home crying lol. An hour later and still crying. Who knew was possible to cry so much. I hardyl cry tho so guess makes sense. I feel so bad. Make up a mess now. But will leave house sooon
  • Options
    Thank you. Stopped crying lol. Think i may try to go to the santurcy. 
  • Options
    Still alive 😓
  • Options
    (I didnt try to kill myself tho. Just self harming a lot)
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    edited November 2019
    Hey there @Shaunie just wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing. It sounds like you've been going through a really rough time at the moment and I hope you're receiving the support you need either on here or elsewhere. How are you feeling at the moment?

Like Aife and others have said I hope you keep us all up to date with how you're doing as I know a lot of people on here are rooting for you <3. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thanks

im gunna stop seeking help on here
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie :heart:

We are here for you, it sounds like your going through a difficult stage at the minute, what's making you feel like you want to stop seeking support on here? :heart:

We care about you, you don't need to go through this struggle alone. :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I don’t know i feel really bad. I really hate my life. And i keep thinking i should overdose as a cry for help (not to die) but if i die thats great too. Cant lose. But i don’t know why cause no one would even care then abd id feel worse that no one hears me  Never has helped anyway. Even when i actually did it to die. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    This week will be 10 sessions out 20 with counsellor & i just feel so sad that its half way through already.... how has it been 10weeks wtf. Only just started speaking about the abuse

& i ate too much today. My sister saying ive gotten skinner. Now i feel just very fattt
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    Well just woke up from another dream of trying to kill myself. Omg i fsel awful to be alive. I could literally just end all of this in a matter of seconds & will have no way to even regret it. But just to be in peace which is more than what ill ever find in the real world
  • Options
    Ive woke up feeling tiny bit better. Think need to try The next PEer support job that comes up ill apply
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie,

Just wanted to pop on to send you some hugs, how you feeling? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• Options
    I feel really bad. I had dream that was more represent of what actually happened  hardly ever get that dream  😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭awful. Id rather be suffocated tbh😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. Atleast i didnt actually wee myself in real life this time 🙃
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Shaunie

We are here for you, it sounds like you had a pretty tough time yesterday.  <3

How are you feeling today?  <3
  • Options
    I had counselling today. That was the most hardest of them all. She "forgot" to put the sticker over the lock. And said how i felt about it and i said to put it on. And kept pushing about how made me feel. And jts like i know im not locked here but i dont want to see it 

then started talking about the abuse more in detail. What time i went to his house, how i started to notice i wasnt going to be leaving the house. How i needed a wee but he wouldnt let me use the toilet or leave and how not in my control of needing a wee & at one point would wee. But then im just like its still my body to control. But then she made sense and talked about how things like losing control like weeing yourself and what not - anywhere can feel shameful so it can sterm from that shame when not in control. And im scared she thought i was dirty