Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No options left

Comments

• Options
    maddie050maddie050 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    good job Shaunie, hope your good! xxx

Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you but i feel really bad now. I don’t know how safe can stay anymore tbh. It jist makes sense  :'(:'( 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    My sister at work a lot. I feel like i should just kill myself. Im not even joking. But my family dont even care. Idk why im alive. Maybe distract myself and watch something. What is there to watch on netflix??
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Omg why distract myself when this is going to be my life forever. Wake up and same shit everyday. I cant change how i feel. Ive tried. I cant take it
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Keep fighting @Shaunie we're all here with you <3

It's understandable to feel like change is impossible, particularly when you've tried and it doesn't feel like it can happen. Keep going and taking each day one at a time because it is possible and I really believe you're going to get there. You're so strong and brave and doing so well to keep reaching out for support. <3

You mentioned earlier that you had your peer support forum meeting and now you're starting to feel really bad. Are the two linked in any way? It sounds like a lot of pressure you were feeling being in a small group and not feeling comfortable to share what you wanted. I just wanted to say it's okay not to share anything, these things are hard and you're not alone in finding this difficult. It sounds like you were really listening to everyone's experiences which itself is a really strong skill to have, particularly for a peer support role. You also went along which not many people did and that's a strength too. If what happened today is linked to how you're feeling now, perhaps taking some time to think about three positive things from today might help a bit. I know sometimes it can be hard to think about what went well when we feel there are things that didn't go so well. I hope this helps. We're also here if you'd like to share a bit more about how you're feeling :) 

My sister at work a lot. I feel like i should just kill myself. Im not even joking. But my family dont even care. Idk why im alive. Maybe distract myself and watch something. What is there to watch on netflix??

If you're looking for something to watch on Netflix, I think you'd really like Pick of the Litter, it's a cute documentary about guide dogs! You might find some ideas to help with training Teddy :)

Remember these places below are always available anytime you'd like a bit of extra support. 
    • Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 and talk to them about anything. 
    • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123. They also have some online services here. 
    • Papyrus have a helpline that is open 9am – 10pm weekdays and 2pm – 10pm on weekends. You can call them on 0800 068 4141. 
    • If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E.  

Keep fighting Shaunie <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Sending you loads of hugs <3 This won't be your life forever - there's so much to look forward to and things can get better. I know you might not think that. It must make you feel so hopeless to have tried to change how you feel but not have things improve. Keep trying, don't give up yet because there's a way out.

I know you feel really bad. I'm so sorry you're feeling like this and want to kill yourself <3
  • Options
    Thanks yous!

I think yesterday i did feel more worse from going to that forum thing.  Im feeling tiny bit better today <3

Saw counsellor today.  She asked me about what ive done this week and i was like well i got stuck in the bathroom and i didnt freak out too much considering the abuse that happened. He did make me do it in a bathtub on time but i just reasured myself that im by myself and there is a toilet can use. And said knowing id be late for work help hahah. And she said thats really good. But she said i must really hate work then lol & its good i found a positive in it. And said maybe im starting to find something positive more and i said dunno ah. Cause isnt being late negative lol. & was like i should be proud. & said if i feel proud but dont lol. Then started talking about things like hard to hear compliments ect. & building confidence to hear compliments properly. & she used my name today randomly which i like people doing lol

Last time i didnt write anything down to give to her but may try for next week. Its really a lot harder than it sounds:(. 

Aw i really wanna watch that @Aife but then netflix wasnt working yesterday :(
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hey @Shaunie

I just thought that i'd leave you with a little message to see if you are feeling okay, or even better. I'm glad that you are still here though with us, we are here to support you whenever you need us, including all the people that are giving you some wonderful advice and sending lots of love ( @Kathleen07 , @*BananaMonkey* , @PoppyB , @Jade09 , @Han93 , @Lucy307 , @Italia , @Aife , @Lubna , @rachel_ann ). EVERYONE is here for YOU <3

I'm also dealing with suicidal thoughts, and even though i don't have it as bad as you, everyday is a push and a struggle. I'm deeply sorry for you. And you have all my sympathy and respect, including everyone here <3

I really hope you get the support you truly deserve, you are an amazing part of this community. And we are all lucky to have one another. Take care of yourself @Shaunie. This isnt just coming from my mouth, but its coming from my heart.

Take care.

-Maddie
    Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

• Options
    How has yesterday and today been Shaunie? <3

Well done you for not freaking out too much when you got stuck in the bathroom! How many counselling sessions have you got left?

It does sound really hard to write something down for her. Do you find it triggering or uncomfortable, or something else? If you need any help with wording things we're here <3
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thank you. Trying not to post cause i reallllyyy want to die. I tried to kill myself again. I had a moment where i didnt know if it was day or night hot or cold or anything that was around me.  i just knew i wanted to stop the pain & i was only focused on that tbh. Which sound selifsh. But it didnt work. And im trying to cover it as can see how it didnt work on me as pretty visable and i think maybe thats why im family are concerned randomly. I thought i was hiding it but i think for few seconds can sometimes see it if move certain way. Obviously i wont say where otherwise so obvious of what i tried.  But just shit cause of work too. But im calling in sick to work tomorrow  anyway
  • Options
    I can only imagine the pain you feel. I feel so sorry for what you're going through and that you tried to kill yourself again. What you're saying doesn't sound selfish at all and if you do want to post, everyone's with you. These horrible feelings will fade and I'm grateful to have someone as lovely as you in the world <3
  • Options
    Shaunie, please don't. We ALL care about you. I care about you. I understand how you are feeling, and i wouldn't wish it on anyone. I know its hard, but i know you are strong enough to beat it! <3 I really do hope you start to feel better. You don't need to be so hard on yourself or blame anything on yourself. Just please. I've thought about stuff like that a lot too, but tell those thoughts that they are wrong! i know you can! <3 Please keep yourself safe. i wont live with myself knowing someone like you - a wonderful person with bright spirit, has gone. Please try and battle it. We're here for you Shaunie! <3

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Thank you. <3 
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    Shaunie, you're a wonderful person, and i don't even need to tell you that. Whenever you feel low, Please seek support. We are all here for you - eachother. <3

We understand that it's hard, but we are all strong enough to beat it, we just need to find the courage and resilience to do so.  ;)

Hope you are doing good - Along with everyone else, hope you are okay.

This applies to all! We are here for you!  <3

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    I completely agree with @Maddie05 and @kathleen07 we all care about you so much @Shaunie <3 I'm really glad you're here with us. You're such a valued member and we're very lucky to have you part of our community :) 

The pain you're experiencing sounds incredibly tough to be going through. I just wanted to say how brave and strong you really are for continuing to reach out for support and fight through all of this. I can hear how hard it is when you're experiencing these feelings and I know there are days where it doesn't feel like it can ever get better. I really believe in you and everyone here does too. You're going to get through this. You're doing so well with your therapy, keep taking small steps. Whenever it's feeling difficult, we're always here for you and also these services below anytime. 

• Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 and talk to them about anything. 
    • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123. They also have some online services here. 
    • Papyrus have a helpline that is open 9am – 10pm weekdays and 2pm – 10pm on weekends. You can call them on 0800 068 4141. 
    • If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E.  

How are you feeling today? I hope you're feeling a little better <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Thank you @Maddie05 & @Aife <3 

Had the police visit yesterday even tho said i was fine. Always find that sooo embarraasing when they come :///. I dont think my family was suprised they came tbh. Even more embarrassing is they came armed. Like ffs guessing thats because of the warning on my name just cause ive been tasered. Wasnt even my fault. Ugh. Like ffs you dont need to come to the door with a massive shield. Im not a harm to anyone else but myself. What must the neighbours think 😓
    anyway they was nice and all ah & decided on ringing my gp. Feeling tiny bit better today. 
    Was suppose to today but woke up too late.
    On a deep sleep dreaming i was killing myself, shame i woke up😭
    but I will ring tomorrow cause will be home alone and will make an alarm. I will just say its for a meds review but dont want meds unless tiredness isnt a side affect. But i do want to say im not taking flouaxtine anymore. But im soooooo tired and really want to die. I find it really hard to say i want to die to my gp. Idk feels like it comes from no where but will try & try & say what i did the other day

• Options
    Shaunie said:

but I will ring tomorrow cause will be home alone and will make an alarm. I will just say its for a meds review 

Complete waste of time. No one cares
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Deleted. Need to learnt to stop oversharing lol
  • Options
    Think i need to keep my distance from here atm. Cant afford to lose any more support. I feel realllllyyyy moody and angry. Maybe its cause am on my period lol. Or im just beyond fed up im just too angry at everything right now

anyways thanks for anyone who read this. Probs wont be posting much unless its general shit cause am too moody
  • Options
    Hey Shaunie,

i hope your not bothered by me not visiting often now. i'm having so many problems now, but i do hope you are good. i'd give you my support everyday, but each day so far is being more of a struggle for me. 

And i know that feeling of police coming to the door a lot because of yourself... my parents hate me for it, but its not like i want it to happen, its not my fault i say i want to die sometimes.... But it must have been worse for you because they were armed.

Anyway, i'll try as hard as i can to come and visit, but i'm just saying, one day, i might not return for very long, since my parents love taking my devices and the internet for the slightest things. I feel as if i want to leave the house a lot more now, it just felt good that i left before, i felt free. But its not like i want to leave... Its like having the urge of wanting to die. i hope you get better Shaunie.  :3 Also, Im not getting any CAMHS worker. They are giving me this number for this service just in case i need to talk to someone. as if i want to talk to anyone else. I guess i didn't tell CAMHS everything, lol.

Hope you are good and well!  <3

Take care.

- Maddie

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Thank you maddie <3 i hope youre okay and getting support. Shame youre not gunna get help from camhs now, here if wanna speak <3<3

still feeling shit. Had counselling. was able to give her peice of paper that said it was wee and that i hate my body everyday for it. I said rather you didnt read it out loud tho. But can say the word but i dont want to say it. Then started reading out blaming quotes. And asked what id do differently and said ill eapcase thro window but dunno if that would of been possible. So then i said i would of had more control over what i did .... which was wee on him. And she said he manipluated you to do that. & i was like i don’t know if thats the right word. So said forced. But then later she was like "you did it si you could leave". So i said no cause that sounds like manipluation. I didnt want to do it at all. And wasnt going to lose my diginty to just leave. Soooo she said shes really confused then on if i didnt do it to leave and i didnt do it cause i wanted to. I said it makes sense to me. 

Um Obviously i did it cause my body had to wee and i had no control over that and i tried to but couldnt & wish i had more control ....but i couldnt say that to her to uncomfortable, i thought that would make sense. So left it at that and her being confused. 

Now im confused on why she didmt get that???? What other possible reason would i do that???????  So in my head i just kept picturing being suffocated and having no control.( he didnt actually suffocate me) So when she asked whats going through my head now. I just said the dreams i have. And she said that sounds like a big thing but only have 5 mins left so didnt want to start it up. But said she said maybe it could shed some light on her confusion

why is she confused????????
    now im just thinking shes confused because if i didnt want to do it to leave and he didnt manipluate me then i could of just not of done it cause no other reason???????

now im more confused than her

but was okay
    realised its 20 sessions not 15. So got 5 extra that i didnt know about ah. On the 8th

• Options
    Im sooo confused. I feel so bad now  😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. Feel more at fault
  • Options
    Self harmed
  • Options
    I cba for anything. Going round my sisters to sleep and i sooooo hate sleeping in someone else place
  • Options
    Ripped up the paper i gave to her. Couldnt even re read it , knowing shes read it too now. Now i feel so bad. I don’t know why i do this shit before going work. I feel so bad now. She said it would be therapitic to rip it up. I don’t know why i feel bad. Maybe cause im just thinking about it again
  • Options
    rachel_annrachel_ann Posts: 33 Boards Initiate

Hey @Shaunie, how are you doing? 

What in particular are you confused and feeling bad about? You have done nothing wrong and shouldn’t feel at fault! I’m so sorry to hear that you self-harmed again. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time right now. I’m glad to hear you are going to counselling though. Do you think this is helping at all for you? 

Spending time with your sister sounds like a good idea though! It’s always helpful to spend time with loved ones, especially when you’re going through a hard time. I agree though I prefer to sleep in my own bed as well! 

Did you find ripping up the paper therapeutic for you in any way? I've heard this is helpful when you are struggling to process your emotions, especially after a traumatic/difficult event. 

Have you considered taking time off of work? With everything you are going through, sometimes the best thing to do is to take time to heal and look after yourself as you’re well-being and happiness is the most important thing right now. 

Please keep us updated as we all care about you so much. Sending all of the hugs  <3 
  • Options
    I only work 8 hours a week. 
    Im confused about why she is confus
  • Options
    I feel sooo bad. Cant stop thinking about killing myself
  • Options
    Im home alone. Have a way to harm myself & just really want to do it