Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can't breath properly.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2019
    @Skive
    just remember i did ask them very quickly about low iron because i thought my heart was failing from it lol and i think they said that my blood pressure and temperature would be really low (or high cant remember which) if low iron was causing me to be so much out of breath all the time. I think so anyway. Was too busy trying to breath to take in what they said or remember. But i know they said was all completely in the healthiest it could be and not even a bit low or a bit high. But idk i still think you could probably have low iron and be out of breath but not have low temperature. Or maybe it caused me to be out of breath to extent that is "normal" and that that stresses me out in its self so i make it worse by stressing out even more. Or maybe cause he focused more on me saying heart failure than low iron

But dont suppose you can remember if your temperature and blood pressure was completly fine?
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2019
     I also keep timing my heart rate myself. I time it for 30 seconds then double it and it always adds up to like 72 or 74. Which i think is fine. So yeah not even low or high atm. :/// ffs dk whats wrong. But i think inhaler made it worse tbh. Why give it to someone if dont have asthma omg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    He said no it sounds like hyproventaliting and anxiety. And given me prescription of propranolol.:////// I have feeling is not anxiety tho. Theres loads of things it could be not just anxiety :/ but going to try it though and see if it helps. If not will def try better at taking iron pills. And he said the inhaler would of made it worse. Has anyone tried propranolol?
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    I have been on propranolol. It’s good for helping with the physical affects of anxiety! X
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I have been on propranolol. It’s good for helping with the physical affects of anxiety! X
    Jelly,Thats good
    Did it make you tired? How many times did you take it a day?( 40mgs)The internet says once a day for anxiety but my box says three times a day and i just dont want to be tired ah
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Hey shauine :) 

Dont worry about being on it 3 times a day that’s the dose that is on the NHS website . It can start at 1 a day but go up to 3 a day .
    • For anxiety, the usual dose is 40mg once a day which can be increased to 40mg 3 times a day.

It may be the doctor wanted to make sure you didn’t get panicky about not being able to breathe again and becuase you’ve have the symptom forms prolonged period of time xx 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Jelly,Thats good
    Did it make you tired? How many times did you take it a day?( 40mgs)The internet says once a day for anxiety but my box says three times a day and i just dont want to be tired ah
    No it didn’t make me tired - I think I took it 3 times a day :) 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Ah thank you @Millie2787 & @Jellyelephant :). xx
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    @Skive
    just remember i did ask them very quickly about low iron because i thought my heart was failing from it lol and i think they said that my blood pressure and temperature would be really low (or high cant remember which) if low iron was causing me to be so much out of breath all the time. I think so anyway. Was too busy trying to breath to take in what they said or remember. But i know they said was all completely in the healthiest it could be and not even a bit low or a bit high. But idk i still think you could probably have low iron and be out of breath but not have low temperature. Or maybe it caused me to be out of breath to extent that is "normal" and that that stresses me out in its self so i make it worse by stressing out even more. Or maybe cause he focused more on me saying heart failure than low iron

But dont suppose you can remember if your temperature and blood pressure was completly fine?
    My temp and blood pressure were fine. I just had a low red blood cell count that was treated with iron tablets. The iron also gave me some side effects but in the long run solved my issue.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Ooh thank yous.
    I think it is anxiety actually. I can feel myself distracted and then im like, oh wait, im not out of breath and then it starts again. I think im thinking too much about it but when im trying to purposly trying to distact myself - im just like omg dont think about breathing then thats all i think about. And i try to relax but im too busy thinking about the purpose of relaxing and thats just stressful. So idek how i am suppose to distract myself. 😭😭😭😭

it is Awful
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Its the worst at night. I cant take it omg i feel like killing myself if i have to have another night of this. I need help. Fuck my life. Is awful i cant fucking breath 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭tomorrow will buy OTC promethazine to knock me out cause they seem to be more stronger than on prescription propranolol. I have been trying to catch my breath for well over 30 mins and i just cant, Im so agitated i feel like killing myself so bad. But yeah i wont cause dont have way would like to die
  • Options
    No i dont think this is anxiety. If it is. Then i do def want to die because i cant cope
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @Skive did anything help when you felt like you couldnt take a deep breath? In the moment.
    (Apart from treating anemia)
  • Options
    Omg i feel sick and dizzy. Fml didnt think could feel worse physicaly. My stomach feels like a mess. 

The nhs website says to start on 1 so why am i startin on 3 times. My body isnt used to it and i only have small body and doses feel like a lot all the tim
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hi @Shaunie

It sounds like you’ve had a difficult night . Are you feeling any calmer this morning ? 

You’ve said your worried about the fact your doctor has put you straight into 3 tablets, do you think maybe it’s worth seeing if the doctor could have a phone call with you today to maybe explain the reasoning behind putting you straight onto 3 tablets x 

Reading on the NhS website it does say that a side effect for the first couple of time of taking it is feeling dizzy 

Always here if you need me ❤️

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Thanks Millie <3

but omg i timed my pulse and its 50??????  I thought 60 is the lowest it can go to. How am i still alive??? Yesterday it was like 75 which i think is what is normally is. My breathing is a bit better today though. But i can feel my heart is beating really slowly but still bit hard.
     Im guessing is what the meds are meant to do but not 50:////

dont wanna feel bad using more of nhs time over my breathing lol they clearly think im over dramatic 
  • Options
    Hi Shauine,

We all have different resting heart rates that can fluctuate, it may have been when you did it yesterday would have been anxious over your breathing which in turn would have increased it. For example, mine can be anywhere between 55-70 BPM. But could maybe also be that your body is just adjusting to you taking, remember it's only your first or second I'm not the sure day of taking it so will take time for your body to adjust :)

I'm sure the GP is going to be more than happy to explain over the phone to you about your dosage, there normally more than happy to answer any questions about Medication. Most GP will have a time frame at the end of morning clinic and at the end f afternoon clinic to do phone calls so it may be worth ringing reception to see if that is something they can do.

• Options
    Ah thank you millie. Sounds right. Ive just always been told your heart rate should be between 60-100 and thought anything outside of it means something v wrong lol but dont think so. I think im going to stop counting my pulses from now on. Isnt helping aha ://
  • Options
    It can all depend on the situation and how your feeling :) For example, if you were anxious your pulse rate would be higher (i know mine certainly does shoot up  :#) But if you feeling relaxed and not as anxious it would be lower x 

And actually we will all have an average Resting heart rate and you would probably find your average one would be within the range of 60- 100 :)
  • Options
    Thanks. But i actually think i could be dying very slowly right now. Breathing gotten really bad again. And my chest feels too tight that i cant get any oxgyen in it

clearly not anxiety otherwise would of helped by now. 
    Been fobbed off
  • Options
    PLEASE SOME ONE COME A FUCKING KILL ME i cant take it anymore. I know is only been a few days its been this bad. But its awful😭😭😭😭 i really cant be bothered to keep trying to fight for breath and want to die
  • Options
    Well i am definetly dying. Dont know when my heart or lungs will close off completly so cant breath at all. But thanks for support
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Shaunie, it sounds like you are feeling really fed up at this point, have you spoke to anyone about the physiological affects that the breathing is having? Because it sounds like its affecting your mood quite a lot? <3

Keep us updated, lots of love<3

Butterfly x

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Thanks butterfly. I havent told anyone about how making me feel - (thinking about ending my life)  I was really tempted but thought theres no point
    But I have heard a lot about couselling for "anxiety".  

But i havent said how low i am. Which makes me confused cause i dont really want help from them for my thoughts of ending my life and normally i do so i don’t know if thats cause am giving up and waiting til right time to die when have done what need to do or what. Idek myself. 

I still cant breath. Its so bad idek what to do anymore 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. 

I wanted to buy promethazine cause that normally helps with anxiety but wasnt any

i think dying
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2019
    Hey Shaunie,

Sounds like a lot going on for you at the moment, particularly around these symptoms and the confusion and worry it is causing you. You've done well to reach out to seek support when you are having these feelings. 

How would you feel about getting some medical advice? There could be a few ways you could get this:
    • Give NHS111 a call, they should be able to answer some of your concerns on your medication, and also advise you on what to do with the breathing/heart rate concerns.
    • Give your GP surgery a call to see if there are any appointments available - sometimes they will have ones available from cancellations or hold some back for walk ins

Also, I know you've said you are unsure whether this is anxiety or not, have you looked at some charities that work specifically with Anxiety? There are a couple that may be able to give you some guidance via their websites or helplines:
    • Anxiety UK - provide confidential advice to people experiencing anxiety disorders. You can text them on 07537 416 905, or call their infoline on 03444 775 774. They also have webchat on their site. 
    • No Panic - they have lots of information about anxiety disorders, and have a helpline on 0844 967 4848. You can also email their helpline via the website.

Finally, remember that there are spaces available if you are feeling in crisis or experiencing thoughts around suicide to talk things through:
    • Crisis Messenger: Text The Mix to 85258 any time of the day
    • Samaritans: call 116 123 any time of the day
    • Papyrus: call 0800 068 41 41, open 10am – 10pm weekdays 2pm – 10pm weekends

Hope things start to settle down for you Shaunie :3

Ed
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Thank you @Ed_

Im feeling bit more able to breath today & last night i went to sleep ealier. But still happening really badly and randomly but have been trying mindfulness. 

I dont think propranolol is doing much tbh which is then making me question more on if it is anxiety or not. But i really want to buy promethazine because that seems to calm me down in past and is actually really strong even tho is OTC but makes me sleep a lot but thats better than being awake tn. Im going to go out today to find it somewhere ah. But ive already spent £18 on things that havent worked & hardly have money😒

& thank you for links. Interesting to look at them but i used Anxiety UK's webchat yesterday & wasnt the most helpful tbh aha. Was just really like "yeah sounds like lots of panic attacks" " try grounding"  & that was basically it & then he left the chat without saying he was going aha. Maybe will try another time

i have felt like caling NHS 111 more times than already have tbh cause im so fed up but i have never called like a service so many times in short space of time lol & i just dont think can use anymore time about my breathing otherwise theyre going to get completly fed up of me & think am overdramatic 

next week see my gp for asthma tests. But i clearly dont have asthma. Been tested for it a few times and the inhaler made it soooo much worse & the doctor said doesnt sound like asthma & shouldnt of given me an inhaler. But will still go cause i want to ask about if can have thingslike more ECG's ect. Dk how can cope til then tho 

just feel like im dying alll the time
  • Options
    Now i am dying. I feel really hot aswell. Omggg just hurry up and die
  • Options
    Omg it is making me want to overdose so i can sleep (not die) or so i can end up in hospital and they can do proper tests and blood tests to check if diabetic. I wont overdose though
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    @Skive did anything help when you felt like you couldnt take a deep breath? In the moment.
    (Apart from treating anemia)
    I'm afraid not. The more I thought about it, the more uncomfortable I got so I can empathize with how you're feeling now.

If you're really struggling, I suggest going to A&E.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Trying to get ready so i can buy promethazine (not going overdose or anything) but im too hot and my chest is getting small and im not getting enough oxgyen and if they have promethazine in stock i will take that and see if works within one hour. If not i will go to walk in centre and say i need blood tests