Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can't breath properly.

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited June 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Honestly the last week or so I can not breath properly and I am so fed up of having to take deep breath to catch my breath. Helppp.   It could be from stress. I do get this off and on when practical stressed. And my gp always just says it stress cause x ray shows nothing. Okay so I'm just meant to live with that. It also annoys my family cause they feel stressed hearing me trying to breath. 

Feel so out of breath right now 😭😭😭😭😭

Not being over dramatic feel like I'm dying a lot and not getting enough oxygen 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sorry to hear this Shaunie,  sounds scary!  

It's positive that they didn't see anything on X-ray, but can understand it will still be stressful! 

I think if you're really worried you can definitely see a GP for a second opinion.

It could well be stress/anxiety, or maybe even hayfever if you get it, the pollen count is awful lately x

I think its a good sign the doctors aren't worried,  but not fair to leave it at that and not try to figure out what you could do to help, try some breathing exercises, and see another GP if you're worried :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey shaunie,

That does horrible to be experiencing, if you are worried still then I do echo what @Laine says and maybe worth visiting type GP for a second opinion or ask if there is any other support they could provide you 💗

Breathing exercises and meditation may help if you could try them? 

Hope you are okay x
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    How are you feeling now Shaunie?

Sending hugs. We are here for you :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Shaunie

I completely understand how scary this may be so I just wanted to send lots of hugs. Something that I might suggest is keeping a diary for a while about what you have been doing and how you have been feeling each day, and how your breathing has been that day. You could then take that back to your GP and work together to see if there are any patterns that may be causing this at all? 

The reason I suggest this is because if they can't see anything on X-rays it may be more of an external thing causing this, and a diary might be a good way of identifying this :smile: But this is just one suggestion - we are not medically trained so in any health doubt I would always recommend visiting your GP again. It can be really frustrating when they can't find the cause first time round but it is absolutely okay to keep on asking - you are so important and they are there to help you :heart:

Take good care! 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2019
    Thank you all!

this did start again when i had 10,000 words to do in 2 weeks so thats how thought is stress again. But i handed in the assigments and still not going 

I am really struggling to breath even more today to point its been hard to speak with my family because I need to stop speaking every second to try take lots of deep breath to feel ive caught my breath but hard to take deep breath & doesnt but i feel out breath again a few mins later anyway and i feel like crying im so fed up. 

So then im just like its probably getting worse cause im thinking about it too much. But idek. The cause, because its happening at night too and surely i cant be that stressed when i am asleep so ive been "overthinking" and came to solution my heart is failuring from low iron. 

I thought oh this feels proper bad maybe i should see my gp tomorrow. But ive literally said so many times tonight "i cant breath". And they just stare and say is annoying to hear me deep breath all the time. But they dont seem concerned so i dont get if i should be or they just dont care. And id think theyd say maybe see your gp but no ones said that. They do know i get it when i am stressed though s maybe thats why. But still. 

I don’t know. Im going to go and search more on the internet of causes
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Omggggg i need help😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭finidng very hard to do anything

but have googled it all. So im pretty sure they call it dyspnea (shortness of breath and feeling like cant deep breath properly). And lots of things can cause that like Anxiety & like heart & lung disease & all sorts. But i dont really have any other symptoms so it is just probably stress or/and anxiety 😒which is annoying because i want it to stop😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

and it does say being over weight can cause it. But im underweight but recently ive only been eating mostly junk so maybe its gone all to my heart & become diabetic?

it does say on one site that if its interferring with your daily life to seek help immediately. 

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    But im underweight but recently ive only been eating mostly junk so maybe its gone all to my heart & become diabetic?

Googling symptoms can be useful to give yourself an idea about something if you go to a reputable site, but even then, you're in very dangerous territory because so many things can be symptoms of so many things (some of which are always worse than others). Particularly if you're an anxious person generally, that can be a bad rabbit hole to go down. You can never get an accurate diagnosis without seeing someone in person, so looking online might be more worrying than useful.

Really like @coc0mac's suggestion of keeping a diary and seeing if you can spot any patterns, then working with a doctor on that. Anything that worries you, and particularly anything chest-related, and particularly if it's interfering with your daily life, is worth getting checked out. :)

Again as @coc0mac said, we're not professionals so we can't draw any solid conclusions here (though it's never bad to talk stuff through anyway). Did you end up seeing a GP today?

Edit: just realised you actually said this yourself. :)
    it does say on one site that if its interferring with your daily life to seek help immediately.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Hey Shaunie,

I’m not a doctor so don’t quote me on this but I doubt that you have anything like diabetes 💗 Not from just having some chocolate and junk food recently... it sounds horrible having to put up with it everyday and can hear how distressing it is for you. 

Maybe it is worth going to your GP again or ring 111 because I’m guessing you worrying about what it is is maybe making it worse? Xx

Just state how it’s really effecting your day to day life and I’m sure they will try and help a bit more 💗

Lots of love,

Butterfly x
    edited June 2019
    Thank yous. (I know my profile says im not using but yeah that seems to lasted for just 2 days lollll not too bad actually for someone whos attached to support,didnt even go to supoort chat thursday) i dk if still not using. Im actually really "suicidal" so will leave it as picture just wanted to write this. 

I didnt see my gp but Im going to ring 111 in the morning because im not coping & i cant deal with it any longer. And i am thinking about dying a lottt. so i don’t know if id be ringing 111 option 2 (mental health crisis) or 111

And in this paragraph i was meaning my family but didnt even write that lol. 

Shaunie said :
    But ive literally said so many times tonight "i cant breath". And they just stare and say is annoying to hear me deep breath all the time. But they dont seem concerned so i dont get if i should be or they just dont care. And id think theyd say maybe see your gp but no ones said that. They do know i get it when i am stressed though s maybe thats why. But still. 

But now My sister is really worried now because is so bad. 

I did the 111 online where they ask question related to the main syptom & one question was "are you on contracetive pill" & then it said i should see my gp with 2 hours & if not go to walk in centre. Im guessing cause the pill can give you blood clots which can be hard to breath & then die wehn dont get oxgyen in the end & people have actually died from the pill. But for me maybe just coinencidence.Because already out of breath before starting it but has been lot worse since on it but hardly been on it for long. But tbh im hoping i am dying. Ik maybe overdramatic but honestly feels like death

and shouldnt ring 111 if its just anxiety. That would be waste of their time

also my right shoulder has started hurting so obviously i google that sypmtom  & it came up with Heart attack. But i think i know it may not actually be - because when i try to deep breath i have to like put weight down on my body to like try hard to catch my breath &  most of weight is on right arm so yeah maybe not heart attack :(((((((

PTW

I was very "suicidal" this morning cause have been home alone & i really thought i was not going to be alive right now. And now i am just regretting not killing myself cause im so fed up. But suprisingly i pulled myself together & went to work & tried to not look like "i want to die, panic, cant breath mess"lol

😭😭😭😭😭And i am really sad & something goin on in my life that i cant say (i could -doesnt go against rules is just embarrassing) but its making me even more hopeless & "suicidal" than already am😭😭😭😭😭. Like honestly no one probably believes cause i seek help but i am. And i cant seek help for the challenge have i dont want to say either. 

& this has been really annoying to write cause ive wrote "suicidal" a lot but i shouldnt if i should stick to my peer training since "suicide/suicidal" is none recovery word & in training they said to use the lanaguage everywhere. So i tried to write "thinking about ending my life" in the first para - which is what im meant to say instead - but that looked too concerning as dk, sounds like plans so idek how to stick to my training & idek why thats bothering me when wanna die lol. So i thought about wording it like"been thinking about dying" but even then thats different to thinking about ending your life. Omggg  i just get too stressed over everything & clearly cant handle life. 
    PTW
    I know exactly what i would want to change to enjoy my life but i dont think is possible & thats really makes me want to end my life 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 cause cant cope with it any longer😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 every night i am thinking - "regret not killing myself today. Now i have to wake up into another day" as well as thinking "this just feels like im just seeing if i can hold on to extra day, then nother extra day. But nothing ever improves my main challenges so pointless, why am i not tryig to die rn"

I am safe rn. Just saying i have been thinking lot about dying, probably no one will ever know to full extent of that or how hard life is for me rn but is shit & i don’t know what to do anymore. Theres no hope for some of things affecting me.

Im also annoyed for how many times i say i wanna die but still alive. Although the most less "suicidal" ive been was in training and maybe that was because it was interesting rountine & less lonely but dek i dont think will find rountine which will enjoy again

edited June 2019
    Have an appointment for 11 at walk in centre

Ans my older sister just told me we are suppose to never take the pill. Only take the mini pills cause mum has had deep vein thrombosis. So yeah actually possible has got worse from the pill

hVe work @ 12:30. With any luck can skip work

wish i got appointments this soon for my MH
    edited June 2019
    Lollll. Well there is nothinng wrong with me 😂😂😂😂. Fml now i probably have to actually go to work.  He was blantly sayings its just anxiety 😒😒😒😒but all my levels are fine. So no chance of having blood clot of heart failure lol. But said to maybe see gp to check for symptoms of astma on monday. But nothing emergancy related lol fml how embarrassing. I cant breath 😭😭😭😭😭. 

He kept speaking about my mental healht was really nice and support of it but not mental health i cant breatj and just meant to carry on

kept saying i look anxious and do i want someone else. Im not anxious i cant beeath
    Where ever go for physical. If have mental health they just it is that😭😭😭😭😭. Honestly can not breath and i feel like crying from frustation omgg😭😭😭
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited June 2019
    Hey @Shaunie

I really hope your appointment goes okay today. Let us know how you get on :) 

It sounds like you've been really struggling recently particularly when you've been home on your own. You're doing really well. Fighting through these thoughts can be so hard and it's really positive to see that you've been reaching out for support from a few different organisations to help you through this. Was there anything in particular that helped you through yesterday when you were home alone? Perhaps writing this down could be helpful to read back on when you're next home alone. :) 

I know you've been to Mind's sanctuary before and found it helpful. Is that something you might find helpful to go to again? They are open seven days a week from 6pm to 1am if you'd find that helpful to go to today. Samaritans and Crisis Messenger are also available 24/7 anytime you want to reach out to someone. 

I am safe rn. Just saying i have been thinking lot about dying, probably no one will ever know to full extent of that or how hard life is for me rn but is shit & i don’t know what to do anymore. Theres no hope for some of things affecting me.

Im also annoyed for how many times i say i wanna die but still alive. Although the most less "suicidal" ive been was in training and maybe that was because it was interesting rountine & less lonely but dek i dont think will find rountine which will enjoy again

It sounds like you've been thinking a lot about dying recently. I can really hear how hard life is for you right now. Do you want to talk a bit more about that? 

You mentioned that you know exactly what you want to change to enjoy your life, but it's something that you don't think is possible. Can I ask what it is you'd like to change? 

You also mentioned there's something going on in your life that you feel like you can't say. I just wanted to let you know we're all here to listen and we won't judge you for anything you say. We really care about you and want to help you as much as we can. 

I'm really glad you're still here with us Shaunie. You really are so strong for fighting through everything <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited June 2019
    Thank you @Aife  
    <3

In appointment he just basically said is anxiety but check with gp if have astma but nothing emergancy now feel bad for wasting time.  And disappointed im not dying of heart failure or blood clot.:(. I fewl like crying. But need to go to work cause i owe too much money to family lol😭i brang my work top with me but am wearing white adidas trainers lol which theyre going to proper have go at me cause not suppose to wear branded trainers let alone anything other than black. 

I have heart beats everywhere esp in my legs so i thought i had blood clot lolll

yesterday i used crisis messenger twice in morning so maybe how. But i dont think can use much more times before they say i am using too much :(. Im sure samaratians are ignoring my messages but not my emails. Paprus are shit for messages. 

And i cant even make a new email address and tell samaratians annoymously about my "challenge" cause am embarrassed so idek what to do anything. I cant change it if cant even get help for it 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. Maybe one day will say here cause i like here but idek

im really fed up. 

Wanted to die today then realise is fathers day then thought maybe selfish so maybe not then thought omg youre just coward and making reasons. Now im just sad and dek what to do with life anymore. But trying. Just so shit. 

(Dont have plans now) im just dont want to be alive :(((
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know how can see if have anything serious in about 10 mins. Im feeling worse. I still cant breath and my whole body is aching and now i am starting to feel sick. Anxiety doesnt make your body ache. And im really agitated 

I keep searching everything on internet
    Post edited by Siena on
    edited June 2019
    Omg. So they told me at the walk in centre to make an appointment for today with my gp. So i try to do that on phone. They go like oh got no more appointments today. Could you have phone call over phone. And im just like i dont like phone calls at all tbh. (But cant check if someone has asthma on the phone anyway. Ffs. ?)Theyre was like okay sorry we dont even have an out of hours emergancy appointment. Could you have it tomorrow at 8 something and im just like it takes me ages to get ready cause i cant breath and i dont really want to wake up that early. Then she like making me wait so much and im getting so pissed off then shes like what about thursday. And im like thats a while a way. And shes like yeah sorry.

And im just like "no is okay, i just wont breath" then put the phone down loll

now im feeling really bad for being so rude. Ik not her fault. But im so fed up and agitated from not breathing properly 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭i just want to killmyself omg
    Omg im feeling really bad. Thats really rude isnt it? Shall i ring up and say sorry lol. 
    Omg hate myself
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    Could you maybe ring up and see if there’s any nurses appointments ? They’d should be able to deal with that aswell 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Try not to feel bad Shaunie, they will understand that you were just stressed and frustrated (understandably) I agree with Aimee, ringing up for a nurse appointment might be a good idea 💗
    edited June 2019
    Thankyou @Millie2787 & @Butterfly23

i just rang them now to say that i am really sorry for being rude and putting phone down and yeah she was really nice about it. 

And then she went on how i need to speak to someone at least today. And how she will get one of them to ring me today. And she is a nurse. A nurse who tells me its stress and anxiety. So can see how this conversaton is going to go anyway. Then she just rang me again to say they have had a cancelation so can come in at 12

But if does say its anxiety i will try to not to get annoyed or speak about the science of it lol cause it could be. But will ask what can help me then. Cause yeah i do not think once we have ever spoke about ways to cope with it. Probably cause i like to speak about how physical the airways and how stress can do it lolll cause im always like " i just dont understand how my brain can make me not breath properly". Lol. And they probably think me knowing how - makes me less anxious in thinking something physical. I do still think is somethig phsyical tho

I feel like crying over everything 😭
    edited June 2019
    She just spoke with me about symptoms and said that it sounds like chronic anxiety and thats what the doctor at walk in centre thinks it definetly is but to check respitary just incase. 😭😭😭😭😭omg i really didnt want to be anxiety

But given me precription for an inhaler and an appointment with someone else who does reapiritory to check for asthma for next week. And it would be good to know if the inhaler helped at all. Never had inhaler before. & why does it take so long to test for asthma. Thought would be like breath into this and thats it

She said if it looks like i dont have random onset of asthma then it is anxiety and would have to go down the route of refereals to mental health teams and couselling for anxiety😒😒😒😒 dont want to be under services again tbh. Get too attached so rather be by self now

But she said she thinks is anxiety & talked breathing excerises & how doing the training corse at recovery college & it finishing & then change & pressure of things may be anxiety

ive just used the inhaler and hasnt help at all :///// and i didnt know they give it out randomly if dont know of have breathing challenges. :///.

Hope i cant like overdose on oxgyen lol?
    edited June 2019
    This is not getting any better. Honestly feels like i panic attack that will not leave. But anxiety and panic attack leaves so it cant be anxiety. And i know ive made threads about this before  https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3592785/constant-slight-struggle-to-breath-strees#latest
    and i remember this time and it went. It feels like that   But it feels twice as worse this time and dont think will go cause it feels more than stress. 

The inhaler isnt helping at all. And if anything is making me feel worse. So guessing dont have asthma Which is shit cause i paid £9 for that when they dont know if even have asthma

But omgg im literally giving stress and anxiety to my sister and shes saying that watching me struggle to breath constantly is making her struggle to breath now and stressful to watch😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭making me more stressed lol😒😒😒😒😒

i would do breathing exercise but i dont think it is anxiety this time and i know i dont have asthma. So will be really anoying that they will label it anxiety otherwise. When still could be other things so would still ask for more tests like diabetes
    litwrally cant have many more days feelings like this. Is sooo frustating. Ive tried to distract myself but isnt helping
    edited June 2019
    CANT TELL  IF HAVING PANIC ATTACK RIGHT Now or i am actually dying this time

I actually think im just going to ring my gp again tomorrow morning because no ones taking this seriously. Im literally suffering right now and feel like im dying so i may aswell kil myself. 

Im going to ring and say that i don’t know if can help but i still cant breath and i honestly cant last any longer
    Post edited by Siena on
    edited June 2019
    This is the worst it has felt. I AM DYING
    i just want to sleep 😭😭😭😭😭😭 i litterally feel like my face may be blue right now

omggg. If you can breath properly right now  BE VERY GRATEFUL
    edited June 2019
    Omgggg i honestly think i am dying but i cant ring anyone cause no one takes me seriously 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭omg just kill me. Is awful right now. Ive tried breathing stuff aint helping

edit - downloaded load of games on phone to see will help to distract. Ive tried lots of breathing stuff and not helping since is all about deep breathing
    Post edited by Siena on
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie,

Sending hugs :heart:

Did the games help distract you? We are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited June 2019
    Thanks. Im still alive lol 

nothing is helping me distact. Ive hardly slept.

really struggling to breath and not killmyself right now 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

i rang 111 they told me to go to walk in centre or ring my gp to ask for appointment again today. So rang gp. Have appointment for 5:10. Is with actual doctor this time not nurse, so dunno if will make any difference. I just want medicatio. But swear that would be too late to go get anything

But fml im really thinking about ending my life
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Have they checked your red blood cell count? I had something similar - not being able to catch a satisfying breath - and it turns out I was anemic. 
    Weekender Offender 
    edited June 2019
    Skive said:
    Have they checked your red blood cell count? I had something similar - not being able to catch a satisfying breath - and it turns out I was anemic. 
    I have low iron before and dont take my iron pills cause they make me feel sick but they have never said it could be that which is weird. But i have told them loads of times i cant take the pills. But havent been too sure if can cause shortness of breath so didnt wanna say myself cause i dont think my levels are ever that low for it to cause much symtoms. but maybe will mention it thanks. 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    Skive said:
    I have low iron before and dont take my iron pills cause they make me feel sick but they have never said it could be that which is weird. But i have told them loads of times i cant take the pills. But havent been too sure if can cause shortness of breath so didnt wanna say myself cause i dont think my levels are ever that low for it to cause much symtoms. but maybe will mention it thanks. 
    Definitely mention it. The symptoms you describe were almost identical to mine.
    Weekender Offender