Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can't breath properly.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2019
    Skive said:
    Shaunie said:
    @Skive did anything help when you felt like you couldnt take a deep breath? In the moment.
    (Apart from treating anemia)
    I'm afraid not. The more I thought about it, the more uncomfortable I got so I can empathize with how you're feeling now.

If you're really struggling, I suggest going to A&E.
    Ah Okay thank you @Skive
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Really do hope this starts to improve soon Shaunie <3 Hugs,

Butterfly x
  • Options
    I think ive been asleep for like 14 hours and im still sooo tired lol. Wonder how long would of slept for if my family wasnt forcing me out of bed. Think the pills did knock me out. How did i catch my breath when i was asleep lol
    just wanna go back to sleep
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    My breathing feels a lot better today. I keep feeling out of breath in the past hour but its only taken about few mins to feel have taken a deep breath that feels okay. But my chest is kinda hurting and i had a dream that i was on a bus and it crash and that my chest was hurting. Probably because it was hurting in my sleep???

i don’t know if cause ive been taking too many deep breaths or what. Or cause i mixed propranolol with promethazine. But i dont think has a bad combination. But i think chest pain is not a symptom of anxiety and symptom of physical
  • Options
    Omgggg. There is something wrong with me

my jaw hurts so bad now and i think my throat is swelling up right now. I tried to drink and its hurting and my ears hurt. 

But i know jaw pain can be stress cause iget it all the time.  And it could be the fact my wisdom teeth keep growing then stopping ect
    But actually feels like my throat is getting smaller. And that my sides of my neck hurts
  • Options
    Its never told me this before

• Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hugs @shaunie
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    Thanks

im still alive lol. So dont think emergancy. Maybe its all in my head
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Thanks

im still alive lol. So dont think emergancy. Maybe its all in my head
    If it has told you to ring an ambulance then you should do so - or at very least call 111 xx
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I thought id wait to die instead. But im still alive. Omg im so fed up

(didnt harm myself or anything - mean cause of breathing thought was dying)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So this is really confusing. I just left work - my breathing is a lot better at work. I mean still not the best but really bad compared to when im home. So clearly not anxiety or not something physical, otherwise doing more would make me more breathless?

i feel really anxious at work though

Im so confused. Maybe anxiety in terms of general. Like overthinking.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Or lung cancer. 
    Edit- no think unlikely just checked symptoms://

im so confused
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Okay i think ive worked it out. :/// i know im pretty sure i have diagnosis of "Panic disorder" since i have seen a few people for this and chest xrays and blood tests but nothing came up and have had low iron a lot but never at the times ive been breathless. So i guess it makes sense to why hasnt been questioned but it should still be question as yeah it could be physical thing one day. 
    But i try not to listen to clinic diagnosis or read too much into it cause of all the self fullfilling profecy stuff and mostly cause i used to be convince i had a "fatty heart" (when ED Was bad ah) But i guess sometimes you should read up diagnosis. 

and ive never had it this bad where ive rang 111.  Let alone three days in a row. So it still could be something physical if never been this bad

Ive google every diagnosis of physiical breathlessness but never google mental challenges or "panic disorder" lol. And it does say "occur regularly and at any time, often for no apparent reason." So i guess the "no apparent reason" makes sense. It comes and goes tho sometimes i get it once every like every 2 weeks really badly that feel havent got oxgyen.  But sometimes its bad for like a month. so still abit confused. 

And im still going to ask for blood tests and another ECG tho
  • Options
    Hey shaunie 

I have started not being able to breath too, not in the same way I don’t think but not sure... but I thought I was dying so I went to the doctors. They have given me propranolol too, how did you find it? 

X
  • Options
    Its not helping jelly- waste of £9 but promethazine is better and a lot stronger and thats OTC. But its makes me sleep and be so tired

but ive realise is probably not physical. Cause mindfullness is helping me a bit
  • Options
    Oh that’s annoying shaunie. I’m gonna just try it and see if it helps I think but idk. My quetiapine knocks me asleep for ages so I think am gonna take that and sleep until I can breathe again lol 

glad mindfulness is helping, maybe I will try that. Do you follow an app or a video or anything? X
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    No i dont use apps. I usually find the deep breathing exercises helpful. But not always for this - cause they ask you to deep breath but i feel like i cant deep breath so frustates me more. 

I mostly be mindful of my breathing. (Not deep breathing) 

and i be mindfull in think about things i see around. Looking at them in details. The shapes colours detail ect. Think about 5 things i see, 4 things can touch, 3 things can hear, 2 things can smell, 1 thing can taste. 

How do you mean you cant breath?  Does it feels like you cant take a deep breath and chest is tight? Or just breathing fast ? Or? Cause im so confused on how what i have is anxiety and when people say they cant breath they usully mean cause breathing too fast but that isnt for me so i dont get how propranolol or pills would help if my breathing isnt fast. I just havent got enough oxgyen. 

when i feel proper anxious and i know for sure is anxiety i can feel my heart beating too fast. 

But when it comes out of no where. Its just like i cant deep breath

So thats where i am confused. But apperently thats just still hyperventing and panic disorder. But im pretty sure its just them fobbing me off cause they dont know. 

Surely would know if youre anxious or not
  • Options
    Ah thanks for those exercises shaunie I will try them 

For me I feel like I’m breathing fast and gasping for air a bit if that makes sense... I duno because people experience anxiety differently and even the same person it can change... because I know for me my anxiety affects me in a different way now than it used to when I was younger. Also sometimes it can seem random and u don’t realise ur anxious... like there’s lots of people who think they are dying COs they can’t breath and they ring an ambulance, but is still anxiety if you get me? 
  • Options
    Oh thats true. Ive watched that on "inside the abulance" but even then they was breathing really fast. And i dont feel like im hyperventaliting i just generally think my lungs have something wrong that wont show. 
    The first time i saw someone for it was when i was like in primary school and they said was stress and left it at that. 

But yeah sometimes i do realise i dont fully breath. Like when youre stressed and over thinking you can almost feel like youre stopping your breathing and maybe thats how i dont get enough air and i do actually not get enough air and tight chest. Thats how my gp said it anyway. But i keep getting confused lol

So i do put a dot on my hand - and its to remind me to breath everytime i see it. And when i randomly see it. I can feel that im not breathing properly

hope youre okay. Its awful thing x
  • Options
    Ah I didn’t realise u have experienced it for so long. Do you kind of get periods where u get it and then it goes away and then come back etc or? I think I understand what ur describing tho - I think I have felt that way at times although not regularly... and I know that when I focus on my breathing I always panic that I am not breathing properly and it’s like I forget how to breathe haha unless am doing it automatically 
  • Options
    Yeah usually comes & goes. Think everyone gets it at points. But usually really bad for like a month or two or something but none stop for the whole days which awfulllllll.  But never been this bad so going to ask for chest xray again
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Omg im finding really hard to breath atm😭😭😭tomorrow have appointment to check for astma when clearly dont have asthma

omggg i really dont know if can handle it much longer. Its so frustating i reallyyy wanna die 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

(im safe)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Please someone reply. 😭😭😭😭😭i cant cope

Feels like it will never go away this time and i cant live my life like it

(Im not in crisis)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I still can breath. I swear this isnt anxiety. The internet says its rare for panic attacks to last longer than one hour. 
    Can not cope :(
  • Options
    Hey shaunie sorry only just seen this - sending hugs and thinking of u xx
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Gotten really bad again. Ive had a really shit sleep and im seeing My go at 11.40. Only test for on set asthma. But dunno if that includes checking for oxgyen levels. But if doesnt will ask. And if not low i swear ill feel like killing myself cause dk what to do anymore.(probably wouldnt kil self)

Feel like everyones fed up of this thread tho. Sorry
  • Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Shaunie

I'm so sorry your struggling with your breathing so much, it sounds horrible.

How did your appointment with your GP go?
  • Options
    Lol it was horrible. She was doing 2 lung function tests where had to breath into thingy 3 times on each but yeah she was basically saying im not doing it rigjt and was clearly gettin annoyed and i was just like i still feel my breath is caught so it is hard. Tbh dont particually like her

Then she was like i dont think is asthma or anything with your lungs and kept saying anxiety thing😒 and that i had chest xray not that long along so it sounds like panic attacks and that she will refer me back to the doctor.

then she was like how about next tuesday. Then i randomly start crying 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 lolll 😭😭😭😭😭and im just like i cant. And just started talking about how bad it is and that its far away So now I just have another appointment tomorrow at 9:20. Lol felt like a kid who didnt like what heard so started crying hahah but im so fed up i didnt mean to even cry lol and was someone on work experience so that was embarrassing
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I took propranolol. Wasnt that bad before. But now has made so much more worse😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭i cant cope. Its not helped. Its slowed down my breathing more so i cant breath at all (feels like it😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

cause not anxiety or hyperventaliting. Ffs
  • Options
    Omggg maybe this is what ive got

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/Living_with_long_QT_syndrome

my mum has long qt sydrome and its 50 % chance can get it off her. But got tested while ago and said not. But it can come up randomly. And can cause sudden death in young people
    i didnt know shortness of breath is a symptom of it. Omg maybe there is a chance i could suddenly die :)