Home Health & Wellbeing
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,259 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Finally finished my 12 hour shift. 5am. Time for bed. Hated it. 12 hours of listening to people bitch
    lovemimoonindependent_
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,269 Wise Owl
    I’m so tired working 25 days in a row was not a good idea 😭😭 I’ll be so happy on my day off on Thursday
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
    Supernovaindependent_lovemimoon
  • SupernovaSupernova Posts: 729 Incredible Poster
    The anxiety comes back, followed by the depression, followed by the thoughts of harm.
    independent_lovemimoonDandelionJaySpender
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 4,245 Community Veteran
    I’m so frustrated. I’ve got to have even more fillings and have to go have my wisdom teeth out because there’s severe decay but could take 6 months to even hear from the hospital about it 🙃
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    independent_lovemimoonDandelion
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 7,250 Master Poster
    I wish seeming better to others meant I actually felt better. I feel like I’m tricking the world and myself.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    lovemimoonDandelion
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 1,337 Wise Owl
    Im
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I’m so frustrated. I’ve got to have even more fillings and have to go have my wisdom teeth out because there’s severe decay but could take 6 months to even hear from the hospital about it 🙃

Honestly, the waiting list is mad. I chipped a filling just before the pandemic and by the time I was able to get an appointment, I needed a root canal and another filling and it cost just under £500.
    lovemimoonindependent_
    Im

Honestly, the waiting list is mad. I chipped a filling just before the pandemic and by the time I was able to get an appointment, I needed a root canal and another filling and it cost just under £500.

Was that private?

I have private dentist appointment tomorrow for my wisdom teeth
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I can’t remember the last time I changed my bed sheets

I still haven’t
    independent_
    Im

Yeahh it’s horrendous , they’ve got no appointments for my fillings to be done before I move to uni because all the parents have suddenly decided to book all there kids In so my dentist is back to back with check ups 🙈
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    independent_
    Im

Yeahh it’s horrendous , they’ve got no appointments for my fillings to be done before I move to uni because all the parents have suddenly decided to book all there kids In so my dentist is back to back with check ups 🙈
    Maybe try private?
    Im

Maybe try private?

No I can’t it has to be with this dentist she knows me and my needs , there is Literally no appointments with her NHS or not , plus I don’t have the money to go private I’m moving to a new city in just over a month I gotta eat and survive 🙈

Im

Was that private?

I have private dentist appointment tomorrow for my wisdom teeth

I think so, the filling I think was under the NHS but the root canal wasn't. I could be wrong, I might need to double check!
    Im

Maybe try private?

No I can’t it has to be with this dentist she knows me and my needs , there is Literally no appointments with her NHS or not , plus I don’t have the money to go private I’m moving to a new city in just over a month I gotta eat and survive 🙈

I moved to the Midlands and I still head home for the dentist lol
    lovemimoon
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 11,954 An Original Mixlorian
    Things aren't ok

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

independent_lovemimoon
    I'm lost for words and heartbroken. There's been a mass shooting in my hometown this evening, multiple deaths and injuries. Born and raised there and nothing like this has ever happened. I'm absolutely heartbroken.

Astrid Alauda

SpaceOtterlovemimoonindependent_Arianna
    This new medication makes me feel so nauseas
    SpaceOtterlovemimoonindependent_Arianna
  • SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Posts: 110 The Mix Convert
    Hey @GreenTea sending lots of hugs <3
    We’re here if you need anything, I’m always happy to listen .
    GreenTea
    SpaceOtter wrote: »
    Hey @GreenTea sending lots of hugs <3
    We’re here if you need anything, I’m always happy to listen .

Thank you. It's just horrific. Been really tearful since news broke out.. I'm just.. it even reached international news... And to see pictures of a victims body all over social media.. just disgusted, heartbroken, can't get the images out my head

Astrid Alauda

SpaceOtterlovemimoonArianna
    This new medication makes me feel so nauseas

Sending hugs, hope you feel better soon <3
    @GreenTea it’s a really awful thing, but just remember you don’t have to deal with this alone <3
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon 🦋 Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    @GreenTea I'm so sorry such a horrific situation happened in your hometown. <3
    We're here for you and echoing what @SpaceOtter said here, you don't have to deal with this alone. <3
    We're here for you. :3
    TRIGGER WARNING-

Self harmed at work. Couldn’t help myself was bad urges . Things got messy and the first aid room wasn’t opening so I had to ask for help. Embarrassing.
    independent_
    I'm still so shocked over this mass shooting, and knowing my family felt unsafe last night, upsets me. I'm proud of Plymouth for standing by each other in this time, for helping each other and respectfully cancelling all events this weekend while the city mourn.
    I'm heartbroken for the families. decided to go down soon to see my family and tell them I love them because I don't say it enough and what If something happened to them or myself

Astrid Alauda

lovemimoonindependent_Aife
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon 🦋 Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    Hi @GreenTea
    I'm so happy your community is doing well and staying strong. <3
    I'm happy that your family is safe! :3
    How are you doing?
    Struggling so bad
    lovemimoonindependent_SpaceOtter
    edited August 17
    Hey @Shaunie , sending lots of hugs.
    How are you feeling today?

Always happy to listen if you ever need anything <3
    Shaunie
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Hi @GreenTea
    I'm so happy your community is doing well and staying strong. <3
    I'm happy that your family is safe! :3
    How are you doing?

It's been a week now since It happened and I'm still in shock tbh. You never expect something like that to happen where you grew up etc. I'm going down in a couple weeks to see people and check in etc

Thank you for caring

Astrid Alauda

lovemimoon
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 7,250 Master Poster
    Not feeling good today. Had a terrible night sleep with anxiety too which hasn’t helped.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    lovemimoonSupernovaMillie2787Shaunie
  • _AJ__AJ_ OxfordPosts: 117 The Mix Convert
    I’m having really bad flashbacks to sexual abuse and I’m terrified and want to hide
    independent_AriannalovemimoonShaunie
  • StephanieStephanie Posts: 892 Super Moderator
    Sending hugs to all those who need them :heart:

We are here for you all :smile::heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" 

- Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

lovemimoon