Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    The anxiety comes back, followed by the depression, followed by the thoughts of harm.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’m so frustrated. I’ve got to have even more fillings and have to go have my wisdom teeth out because there’s severe decay but could take 6 months to even hear from the hospital about it 🙃
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I wish seeming better to others meant I actually felt better. I feel like I’m tricking the world and myself.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Im
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I’m so frustrated. I’ve got to have even more fillings and have to go have my wisdom teeth out because there’s severe decay but could take 6 months to even hear from the hospital about it 🙃

Honestly, the waiting list is mad. I chipped a filling just before the pandemic and by the time I was able to get an appointment, I needed a root canal and another filling and it cost just under £500.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Im

Honestly, the waiting list is mad. I chipped a filling just before the pandemic and by the time I was able to get an appointment, I needed a root canal and another filling and it cost just under £500.

Was that private?

I have private dentist appointment tomorrow for my wisdom teeth
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I can’t remember the last time I changed my bed sheets

I still haven’t
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Im

Yeahh it’s horrendous , they’ve got no appointments for my fillings to be done before I move to uni because all the parents have suddenly decided to book all there kids In so my dentist is back to back with check ups 🙈
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Im

Yeahh it’s horrendous , they’ve got no appointments for my fillings to be done before I move to uni because all the parents have suddenly decided to book all there kids In so my dentist is back to back with check ups 🙈
    Maybe try private?
    Im

Maybe try private?

No I can’t it has to be with this dentist she knows me and my needs , there is Literally no appointments with her NHS or not , plus I don’t have the money to go private I’m moving to a new city in just over a month I gotta eat and survive 🙈

Im

Was that private?

I have private dentist appointment tomorrow for my wisdom teeth

I think so, the filling I think was under the NHS but the root canal wasn't. I could be wrong, I might need to double check!
    Im

Maybe try private?

No I can’t it has to be with this dentist she knows me and my needs , there is Literally no appointments with her NHS or not , plus I don’t have the money to go private I’m moving to a new city in just over a month I gotta eat and survive 🙈

I moved to the Midlands and I still head home for the dentist lol
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Things aren't ok
    I'm lost for words and heartbroken. There's been a mass shooting in my hometown this evening, multiple deaths and injuries. Born and raised there and nothing like this has ever happened. I'm absolutely heartbroken.
    This new medication makes me feel so nauseas
  • SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 761 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @GreenTea sending lots of hugs <3
    We’re here if you need anything, I’m always happy to listen .
    You're awesome!
    SpaceOtter wrote: »
    Hey @GreenTea sending lots of hugs <3
    We’re here if you need anything, I’m always happy to listen .

Thank you. It's just horrific. Been really tearful since news broke out.. I'm just.. it even reached international news... And to see pictures of a victims body all over social media.. just disgusted, heartbroken, can't get the images out my head
    This new medication makes me feel so nauseas

Sending hugs, hope you feel better soon <3
    You're awesome!
    @GreenTea it’s a really awful thing, but just remember you don’t have to deal with this alone <3
    You're awesome!
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @GreenTea I'm so sorry such a horrific situation happened in your hometown. <3
    We're here for you and echoing what @SpaceOtter said here, you don't have to deal with this alone. <3
    We're here for you. :3
    TRIGGER WARNING-

Self harmed at work. Couldn’t help myself was bad urges . Things got messy and the first aid room wasn’t opening so I had to ask for help. Embarrassing.
    I'm still so shocked over this mass shooting, and knowing my family felt unsafe last night, upsets me. I'm proud of Plymouth for standing by each other in this time, for helping each other and respectfully cancelling all events this weekend while the city mourn.
    I'm heartbroken for the families. decided to go down soon to see my family and tell them I love them because I don't say it enough and what If something happened to them or myself
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hi @GreenTea
    I'm so happy your community is doing well and staying strong. <3
    I'm happy that your family is safe! :3
    How are you doing?
    Struggling so bad
    edited August 2021
    Hey @Shaunie , sending lots of hugs.
    How are you feeling today?

Always happy to listen if you ever need anything <3
    You're awesome!
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Hi @GreenTea
    I'm so happy your community is doing well and staying strong. <3
    I'm happy that your family is safe! :3
    How are you doing?

It's been a week now since It happened and I'm still in shock tbh. You never expect something like that to happen where you grew up etc. I'm going down in a couple weeks to see people and check in etc

Thank you for caring
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Not feeling good today. Had a terrible night sleep with anxiety too which hasn’t helped.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    I’m having really bad flashbacks to sexual abuse and I’m terrified and want to hide
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs to all those who need them :heart:

We are here for you all :smile::heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Really struggling today. Feel like I'm failing at everything
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Yesterday at gymnastics I almost broke down into tears during the session that I was helping out with. One of the gymnasts kept on being really rude towards me and the gymnastics coach that I was working alongside. Thankfully there was one of the staff who helped me to get through that really difficult session.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
This discussion has been closed.