Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Siena wrote: »
    Ok so I’m here and basically I can’t see through the window I was hoping to see through as it’s easier to see at dark as my mum left a light on (surprising how it’s still on after all these years.

I’ve looks through the post box but don’t see any change

But this is what it looks like. Delete if not allowed (There was a window and door) I feel if it was a squatter they wouldn’t of boarded up the door aswell. I don’t know it’s just odd. Maybe it was the police or council considering they did alert my sister about the safety of the house

When I was in car and going a bit fast I didn’t see it fully and thought it was just the window so now I’ve seen it. It kinda looks more like something the counsel or police would do??

I have knocked on it round the front and no one’s answered
    I’m way to scared to ask the neighbours as I don’t want to be associated with that house
    But when I was there they didn’t speak English anyways

Ah yeah I would agree @Siena - it looks like quite a big job for someone to do so I'd also say it looks like it might have been the council or the police. Maybe one of the neighbours reported that the house looked quite unsafe and could be broken in to, so someone came round to board up the front. Maybe you could try giving the council a ring about it? :)
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    edited February 17
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Struggling now dad's left. Got to keep myself safe from the thoughts tho

You're doing so well Chloe, we are so proud of you for fighting those thoughts <3

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself today, like call a friend, watch your favourite shows, or go out to a public place for a wander? You can do this <3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    joshy123 wrote: »
    I've just watched casualty and in it the man's dad dies and it felt like I was back in the hospital watching my dad dying in front of me now I'm sitting here soaked in tears and all my motivation for today is gone I just wanna be normal again

Hi @joshy123 just checking in on you? I am hearing how upsetting watching casualty must have made you feel especially bringing up those bad memories.Its totally understandable to feel like this and just allowing urself time to process everything you have been through <3 You say you have lost all motivation for the day. Some days we just dont feel as productive and thats ok tomorrow is a new day.Is their anything that you can do today to look after yourself and mabye make things a little better? We are all here for you and sending a lot of hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I don't know, at the moment I'm just flooding myself with revision but tonight's gonna be the hardest. My house is in the middle of nowhere and there's no transport so unfortunately not[/quote]

Hi @Chloe234 Sometimes revision can be a good distraction but please remember to look after yourself as well and take breaks. Im hearing how transport options are pretty limited I know you like music like playing the guitar mabye that could be something nice for you todo for yourself today? <3
    If you want to chat more even tonight if things are harder then we are here for you and appreciate u <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Siena wrote: »
    Back at home and causing big arguments. Mostly sisters and me saying about the money side of it and literally so much wasted money going down the drain. But yeah I can’t be bothered to argue anymore so I’m going back out

Hi @Siena It sounds like theirs a lot going on at home with the arguments at the minute with your sisters.They can be really draining so you have done the right thing but taking urself away from everything.<3 Thinking of you and hope you get todo something nice for yourself today. Take care of yourself <3
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @Siena hey that sounds rrly difficult, pls don't be too harsh on yourself and remember to take care of yourself and do things u enjoy, it's great that you've removed yourself from the situation that was stressing u out! Always here to chat :)
  • Options
    @River that sounds rrly tough, it can be rrly hard on you when your parents are angry at u, is there anything specifically u want to talk about? Pls try and take care of yourself and take time for yourself if thats needed <3
  • Options
    @joshy123 hey, i've just seen ur post n i can only imagine the emotional toll that must of took on u bringing back those memories. Don't feel bad about spending ur day in bed because its equally important to have days where we do nothing as well as days where we do lots. If there's any particular music u like to listen to it can rrly help when ur emotional, i also find drawing can help me when im sad (even tho im terrible at drawing haha). Sending love <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,074 Wise Owl
    sending big hugs to you all <3<3<3
  • Options
    toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 154 Helping Hand
    edited February 17
    @joshy123 does she do it because she wants you to get sleep or is it because of neglect?
  • Options
    toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 154 Helping Hand
    @joshy123 that sucks. have you tried vocalising your feelings or reasoning with her?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 19
    Naaa someone’s living theee different lights go on

I’m scared
    Full shaking. Dunno what to do
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    joshy123joshy123 Posts: 55 Boards Initiate
    I'm sitting next to my phone thinking someone will text me even though I have no one at all I'm so stupid
This discussion has been closed.