Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,093 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs @IainJammyboy
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,093 Wise Owl
    @Chloe234 thats horrible being alone all week, remember we’re here for you online 🩷 big hugs
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    edited February 10
    Hey @River, just wanted to check in after your post in the early hours. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, it sounds like you're in a tough spot at the moment. We're here to support you through this, you aren't alone <3

Are you safe? If you need crisis support, just a reminder that the following services are available:
    - CALM | Call on 0800 58 58 58 (5pm–midnight every day) or use their webchat service.
    - Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    - Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@papyrus-uk.org
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 657 Incredible Poster
    Sending hugs to everyone who needs it today. Things might seem bleak right now, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. <3

You're all so brave to keep reaching out for support. Let's be here for one another :)<3
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 657 Incredible Poster
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Found out today that my aunts cancer is back :( she's been in the hospital ill with pneumonia as well and I'm just really worried. She's done so much for me and my sisters and I'm just scared to loose her but then ik she's a fighter

This is such awful news to hear, Chloe. I can see how worrying this would be and know from personal experience how gut-wrenching news like this can be to receive. I'm sending big hugs to you and your family. <3
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 593 Incredible Poster
    i always knew i wasnt wanted but my mum actually saying she wishes i was dead hurt a lot
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 943 Part of The Mix Family
    Haven't even gotten a reply from around 15 places I've sent my CV to
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    Wait wait wait wait wait - it might actually be OCD, makes sense. Psychiatrist prescribed me medication that's neither a ssri or snri but hoping that it works, excited to give it a try

Hope your doing okay at the moment and that the medication you have been prescribed will be useful as well <3. How are you feeling about taking the new medication at the moment?.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 943 Part of The Mix Family
    @Amy22 thank you. there's not many side effects which I'm surprised about - but when I picked it up today they messed up the numbers and all that so I'll have to see once they fix that
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    @Amy22 thank you. there's not many side effects which I'm surprised about - but when I picked it up today they messed up the numbers and all that so I'll have to see once they fix that

No worries I'm here for you as well as everyone else here. Sometimes some medications have less side effects whereas others tend to have more. Hopefully they fixed the numbers and give the right dosage for the medication as well. I find that with mine, I have to wait a lot for them in the pharmacy.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    Anyone online to talk, I feel so alone. It's fine if not and sorry for bothering people
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 443 Listening Ear
    @River I'm online just now, are you alright?
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 not really, I feel so lonely and dead inside, I don't like this feeling :'(
  • Options
    @River I'm really sorry that sounds really difficult and scary, is there anything that helps you when you feel like this?
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 not really
  • Options
    @River Do you think speaking about it would help?

No worries if not I'm just trying to think of things that might help you <3
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 I want to but I also can't :s
  • Options
    @River That's okay there's absolutely no pressure!
This discussion has been closed.