Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    @Salix_alba_2019 we don’t have any :( I just want some nuggets you get me 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Salix_alba_2019 we don’t have any :( I just want some nuggets you get me 😂
    I'll send some in the post😉
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Considering calling hq today. I think I might benefit from problem solving an issue that has had me pondering that to do. 

Very rarely do I get to a point where somone has rubbed me up the wrong way that I'm on the verge of voicing unfiltered thoughts. If I take the time to structure my thoughts then I don't run the risk of potentially upseting people from being in emotional mind when communicating.

It's just a case of determining how to say it. I want to tell a person to not be so hypocritical and be consistent in the things they preach. ESPECIALLY when the perpetrators are the very people they worship. 

Being disliked as the result of voicing my observations doesn't bother me, I don't hold value in people I'm not fond of. I find it very sad that somone can be so lost and manipulated by somone and they don't even realise it. 

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    SciFi_456 said:
    Hey @Dandelion d'you want to talk about it?
    Thanks guys I basically just made up a solution (we use it to check the machines are working properly) and I made it up so the value was 83, as I thought it had to be greater than 11. The more I think about it the more I think the value had to be exactly 11, so I should have diluted it first. If it’s wrong it could mess the machine up. This probs doesn’t make any sense lol, but basically if it’s wrong it could be a pain to fix
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Okay I just talked to my mum about it, even if it is wrong I saved some of the solution so I can always dilute it and make it again on Monday
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hugs @LorryTruck Try to keep yourself distracted perhaps, that may help time seem to go a little bit faster! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @LorryTruck I'm sorry to hear that <3 Is there something in particular you're finding hard or is it like life getting on top of you? 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Eleanor said:
    Bigggg hugs to all! <3 

Cat Hug GIF - Cat Hug Dog GIFs

I just wanna watch that gif all day...
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Time to start seriously thinking about what I'm going to do next year as I'm now 95% sure I won't be off to college!! Yay how fun!? :disappointed::cry:
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    @Starlight if it helps, I left school 2 years ago nearly and still no idea what I’m doing with life :joy: there’s absolutely no rush and don’t feel pressured to do a particular thing because anyone else wants you to. It takes time to find something you’ll actually really enjoy <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hey @Emoji246 are you feeling safe tonight? I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling so low <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @Emoji246 Hey Alina we're here for you I promise ❤️❤️
  • Options
    @Starlight if it helps, I left school 2 years ago nearly and still no idea what I’m doing with life :joy: there’s absolutely no rush and don’t feel pressured to do a particular thing because anyone else wants you to. It takes time to find something you’ll actually really enjoy <3
    @independent_ yeah I know, I’m still definitely doing dance whether I get in this year or not it’s just looking less likely I’ll get in this year so I’m trying to figure out what I’m gonna do for a year whilst I audition again and stuff it’s just stressful and I don’t live in the best area to access the things I need!! 

• Options
    @Starlight oh that makes sense, sorry I misunderstood a little. It’s hard when you’ve got that extra year, but there’s loads out there and even things like volunteering can be really great if you struggle to find a job or college course. I really get how frustrating it is though. I wish you the absolute best of luck <3 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    How you doing over there @Emoji246 ? Hope you're feeling safe. We're here for you, sending huge hugs your way tonight <3
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ sorry if I can across a bit harsh or anything, I shouldn’t take my frustration out on others I know. I’m sure I’ll figure it all out it’s just a matter of time. And I’m sure you’ve got a brilliant future ahead of yourself too!! <3

• Options
    @Starlight oh it didn’t sound that way at all, don’t worry <3 you’ll get to where you want to be, I see your determination :) 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2021
    Emoji246 said:
    I’ve ruined friendships  I’ve had enough i actually feel like trying now I can’t do it anymore 😓😭
    Please message me if you want <3 
    we are all here to listen
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    edited January 2021
    My arm 😭😓

mod edit: removed potentially triggering emojis
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I’ve well and truly screwed up this time. I need to learn to get my head out of my ass. I can try all I want and pretend that I’m doing good but I’m just delusional. I’m just a freak who doesn’t understand people. I’m sorry if I’ve ever hurt you. I never meant to hurt anyone, I was just being selfish I’m sorry. 
  • Options
    @SpaceOtter you’re really not selfish, you’re honestly great, I wish I could say more which would help you to see how amazing you really are <3 
  • Options
    Big hugs @Emoji246 we’re here if you need anything. We really do care about you. You’ve really helped me a lot I’m sorry I didn’t tell you how much you’ve helped me sooner. Are you safe?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2021
    Emoji246 said:
    My arm 😭😓
    Stay safe <3
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ but I really did mess up this time. I was too stuck in my own head. I’ve been too stuck in my head for a while

Hope you’re well, always here if you ever need anything  <3
This discussion has been closed.