Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @independent_

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you too. Get a good nights sleep and hopefully tomorrow feels a little more enjoyable <3 Sending big hugs
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Glad you're not offended @Shaunie , I wasn't having a dig at all pal was just thinking of other folk who might be in a bad head space. I know it's easy to forget, I'm sure many people have posted potentially triggering things and have forgotten to add the TW, easily done. No ones here to judge. Best try not argue though, people come here (to this thread especially) when feeling down.  <3 Sending big ol' hugs to everyoneee

@SpaceOtter Keep thinking about how far you've come, we are SO proud of you. You've got this!
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don’t want to go to school tomorrow but I also don’t want to stay at home. I don’t know what I want anymore. I feel like people keep throwing me life lines and I keep throwing them back. I just wish I could hide away from the world.
    TW
    I’m not seeing the point in staying self harm free anymore. I still feel awful but now I feel way to cocky. I feel like I need to be taken down a peg or two
    Big hugs to anyone who needs them, always here if you ever need anything  <3

Sending hugs.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thank you it means a lot I’m just so angry at myself. I keep messing everything up around me I feel like I’m hurting people. I spend way too much time moaning on here that’s for sure. 
    I really appreciate everyone’s help I really do and if I can ever return the favour I’m more than happy to. 
  • Options
    Thank you it means a lot I’m just so angry at myself. I keep messing everything up around me I feel like I’m hurting people. I spend way too much time moaning on here that’s for sure. 
    I really appreciate everyone’s help I really do and if I can ever return the favour I’m more than happy to. 

💕💕 Ay it's never moaning. We are here for you 💕
  • Options
    You don't at all @SpaceOtter this is a place to get support and so it's okay to be open here. We care about you so much!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Thank you @GreenTea and @Liam

Big hugs everyone here if anyone ever needs anything <3

I’ll never understand why you care but I appreciate it greatly. Couldn’t have gotten this far without you guys. Thank you again and I hope you have a good evening  <3

• Options
    I have a banging headache. The urge to self harm is creeping up and has been for a while. I've done so well not to follow through this behaviour recently. I've been trying so hard to distract myself. All the recent changes and anniversaries are taking their toll on me now. I keep seeing post on social media about them and about how people miss them. It's becoming difficult.
    I'm just so tired at the moment. I think I'm also struggling withdrawal because I haven't been able to take my meds daily

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2021
    Sorry guys. Really struggling. And you don’t know everything so please do not judge me too harshly. Thank you.  I know I’ve fucked up. Sorry
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Big hugs @GreenTea we’re always here if you ever need anything  <3
  • Options
    It’s ok @Shaunie big hugs,  we care about you. Always here if you ever need anything  <3
  • Options
    It’s ok @Shaunie big hugs,  we care about you. Always here if you ever need anything  <3
    Thank you for still being kind and understanding to me.  I hope you’re okay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I have a banging headache. The urge to self harm is creeping up and has been for a while. I've done so well not to follow through this behaviour recently. I've been trying so hard to distract myself. All the recent changes and anniversaries are taking their toll on me now. I keep seeing post on social media about them and about how people miss them. It's becoming difficult.
    I'm just so tired at the moment. I think I'm also struggling withdrawal because I haven't been able to take my meds daily

I'm just sat crying. I seem to be so emotional at the moment. I don't know if it's meds or something else. I just feel emotions so intensely. I know I'm stressed and anxious and struggling. Part of me wants to go the GP and get signed off for a while, but I don't want to be seen as being weak if I get signed off. I'm a key worker. I can't be signed off. It just feels pathetic to be signed off for mental health

• Options
    Big hugs @GreenTea we’re always here if you ever need anything  <3

Thank you. I'm just not doing well at the moment. Feel like everyone hates me.. and I really hate me too. I have been struggling for a while and I'm just falling apart as the days go by
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,802 Master Poster
    I care a lot about you Shaunie. I know that things are really hard for you right now and that it can sometimes feel very isolating and frustrating if nobody understands what you are going through. We have to try and stick together through these difficult times and be kind. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Thank you @Dancer <3
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Lol just chucked my meds away 😂 what’s the point in taking them when I ain’t gonna get better 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I think I need to go take a nap. The pain is making me irritable
    (Just incase I worry anyone I don’t need medical attention- I’ve done this before it’s 100% fine)

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Sending big hugs @GreenTea we all care about you. It would absolutely not be weak to get signed off, sometimes we need that time off work and that’s absolutely ok.

Hey @SpaceOtter sending big hugs <3 you’re a very strong person and you’re doing amazingly well, I understand how tough it is I really do but you’re doing a great job and definitely keep talking to us. 

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling @Shaunie take care of yourself and big hugs.

And also thank you @Liam for your post above and the hugs it’s much appreciated <3 

“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I think I need to go take a nap. The pain is making me irritable
    That could be a helpful idea. I hope that you begin to feel better soon. Remember to get help if needed especially as self harm injuries can become serious and need treatment. It can be scary 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Just feels stupid to be signed off for mental health. I'm not doing well and I know that and the people around me know that. Small things are really tipping me over the edge mentally. Part of me wants to do something stupid but I know I shouldn't. I'm just fed up. I can't seem to do fuck all right and im just so done with it all @independent_
  • Options
    @Millie2787 I’m sorry you’re feeling that way :( you might not see it right now but you will get better. It might involve something like trying a new med and it will be a lot of fighting but you are strong and you will get there <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    @independent_ I’m never getting better LOL
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Just feels stupid to be signed off for mental health. I'm not doing well and I know that and the people around me know that. Small things are really tipping me over the edge mentally. Part of me wants to do something stupid but I know I shouldn't. I'm just fed up. I can't seem to do fuck all right and im just so done with it all @independent_
    Being signed off for mental health is never, ever stupid @GreenTea and I’m guessing with the whole situation with your work isn’t helping at all right now. 

I totally understand where you’re coming from, please know that it’s ok to be struggling and to take time out to help yourself <3
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Being signed off for mental health is never, ever stupid @GreenTea and I’m guessing with the whole situation with your work isn’t helping at all right now. 

I totally understand where you’re coming from, please know that it’s ok to be struggling and to take time out to help yourself <3

It's really difficult to take time for myself at the moment. I'm either working, supporting someone, doing something for someone.. never get time for me at the moment
  • Options
    @independent_ I’m never getting better LOL
    Sometimes it can feel that way and it can feel very overwhelming thinking about it. You are very brave for coming on here to seek support and we will always be here to help. I believe in you even if you don't believe in yourself. <3
  • Options
    @Millie2787 I often think that myself. That nothing will help ever. But I believe in you I really do, I think you can do this <3 
  • Options
    One thing my anxiety makes me do which I'm so done with at the moment is clench my jaw shut.  It really fucking hurts my jaw and cheeks and teeth. I can't help it though because a lot of the time I do it without realising. My jaw feels so fucking tight and achy right now and it also gives me headaches. 
  • Options
    I hear you @GreenTea, life can get sooo busy and it’s hard when you’re feeling like you have no time to just stop.

Am I right in thinking that you mentioned you had no medication, when are you getting your prescription? Hopefully it isn’t too long. 
This discussion has been closed.