Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    I’m so sad
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Depressed. Haven’t showered since Christmas Day and I’m going to stay in bed all day today
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    dante96dante96 Deactivated Posts: 14 Settling in
    @GreenTea

Anniversaries of passing are always tough, I try to remember all the good times with that person whether it’s a time they made you laugh or a fun experience

@Shaunie

I hope you feel better soon, it’s totally fine to have some alone time when you're feeling down. We'll always be here for you 

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Feeling sooo triggered.
    PTW

Really need a wee but can’t cause sister is in the shower and she takes forever I don’t use the down stairs. Feelstoo uncomfortable.  Feeling always triggers abuse 😭😭😭😭(if don’t know i was forced to wee on abuser, just need to add that incase think I’m relating things so randomly) 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Waiting for an x-ray then I get to go home. I really want to get out of here. Luckily it hasn't taken too long, mainly because Its been classed as urgent. If I've somehow managed to get some sort of infection in my heart or chest, I'll be pretty unlucky. I'm hoping that they don't find anything. They're only doing all this because dad passed of heart failure and sometimes heart issues are hereditary. I feel fine minus feeling faint in reception, there wasn't a crushing sensation like there was earlier.

I'm not planning on telling anyone, I just want to go home.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Who’s awake🥺
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hope you're okay over there @Emoji246, sending hugs <3
  • Options
    I’m really scared for the New Year. I already have a feelingit’s going to be a bad year 
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Liam said:
    Hope you're okay over there @Emoji246, sending hugs <3
    Hi Liam no I’m not 🥺
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've spoken to a few people and it's starting to sound like what I experienced the other day was probably stressed induced. The first time it happened was over two weeks ago accept this time I felt like I was going to collapse without the squeezing sensation in my chest. I thought it might had been from lack of food that morning but it happened straight after a hot chocolate so Idk. I don't often consume a dairy so having high quantity of it made me feel like I was going to be sick in public and that made me panic. Sometimes if I get really scared, it makes me feel like I'm going to faint.

PTW : Eating disorder
    The conflict between eating and not eating has been ridiculous. I couldn't eat the food my sister made and I actually felt scared, I feel really embarrassed to admit that. The push and pull between recovery and using a coping mechanism to deal with stress has been quite hard. Now it's actually happening I've realised that I just want balance and not to lose control. 

I don't think I realised just how connected my mind and body were, perhaps I've been more stressed than willing to admit. 

Tomorrow is another day.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019 sending big hugs. We’re always here if you ever need anything, always happy to listen  <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    I feel scared of the fireworks. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Hey @Dancer big hugs. I’m here if you need anything. 
  • Options
    Thank you. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    My head is buzzing. I’m not a good person to be around right now. I don’t like being on my own left with my thoughts but talking to people leaves me overthinking. It’s all so stupid, I feel miserable no matter what I do. I keep crying but I don’t know why.

But you know what It looks like I’m going to make it to the new year self harm free. And if I lose it in a week that’s ok, because If I stopped before I can stop again.

Big hugs everyone, here if anyone ever needs anything. No matter what the new year brings you don’t have to go through it alone.
    You matter so much to us and I know that things have been really hard for you. Sometimes we have to just focus on ourselves which can be really hard especially as I know how amazing and supportive you always are. <3 I am here for you. Sending a hug.
  • Options
    Thank you @Dancer that really means a lot.  <3
    Big hugs  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Feel really bad. Hate New Years. But I’m keeping teddy company as he has not liked the fireworks and he’s keeping me company. 
    I’m lying down and he’s nodding off on my face - now asleep bless

ignore the fact I look like a man and need to sort my eyebrows out. But yeah why bother when I’m in lockdown lol &I know I look like shit but I’m about to go sleep ah

But isn’t he just the cutest bear you ever did see 

• Options
    Got such itchy ankles. They swelling up
  • Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Feel bad
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Idk I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed and not well and I'm so tired :/ 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    Just feel kind of fed up and done with everything tbh, I should be happy but I cant be.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I can't hold myself together anymore
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea big hugs , we’re here if you need anything, always happy to listen   <3
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea big hugs , we’re here if you need anything, always happy to listen   <3

Thank you. I'm just so stressed and really not doing well mentally at the moment. I feel like I have to hide how I'm doing because I don't want to burden others.
  • Options
    @GreenTea I understand how you feel but I promise you’re never a burden. You shouldn’t have to deal with everything on your own. It’s ok to share the load. Always here if you need someone to talk to  <3
  • Options
    @GreenTea I understand how you feel but I promise you’re never a burden. You shouldn’t have to deal with everything on your own. It’s ok to share the load. Always here if you need someone to talk to  <3

I really appreciate your kindness. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.