Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Interesting information

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by sopite

So much for your reading comprehension level: you got a 0% on that one.

Same tactic as you used on U-75? Twist something into a threat, get the poster banned, because you are unable to read? Unable to cogitate?

ROTFLMMFAO!

Oh, so you weren't saying that you were going to knock the crap out of another poster? In a very roundabout way that suggested everyone in the real world shared your perspective.

And there's an opopanax on U-75 is there? Thats weird.

So if you are a Thantos, why are you calling yourself sopite?
  • Options
    So if sopite is really Thanatos, why doesn't sopite admit to being Thanatos, or is that too simplistic for a cowardy custard such as he/she?
  • Options
    Originally posted by opopanax

Oh, so you weren't saying that you were going to knock the crap out of another poster?

To quote from the Book of James: "rejoice in your tribulations..."

I have never thought those tribulations ennobled a person, but they tend to knock the crap out of your head, and clear your vision toward reality, and those things which matter most to you. It delivers you to a place where the bullshit is revealed for what it is... simply bullshit.

Perhaps it is time for your own experience in getting the crap knocked out of you? It will not ennoble you, but it might edify you...

Read it again, slowly, sound out the words. Or get your mommy to help you.

Experience would do the deed much better than I, but then, those of your ilk avoid real-world experience as a threat to their existence, which it generally is...
  • Options

Experience would do the deed much better than I, but then, those of your ilk avoid real-world experience as a threat to their existence, which it generally is...

Even read slowly it seems the same. Does reading slowly usually help you? :)

"People of my ilk" - how nice - you know other people like me, and you know all about our world and our experience. You're either a very clever person. or you're making some basic stereotypical assumptions.

I think its the latter.
  • Options

Is this the best we can expect from the resident right wing extremists?

ROTFLMFAO :D

Come on lads and lasses, lets see a bit of gumption :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Guess youre as good as Sopite (Thantos) at dishing it out according to your defensive attitude, but not able to actually focus on what people are really saying.

Funny, if you compare that to (translated into English from Danish):
    A good and effective composition you have made. You focuse precisely...
    That's a short extract from the comments I got back, after an analysis assignment recently. Apart from that I was also told that I was very purposive and precise, and that I should probably try to include some scenes, as the "targetting" could be too effectful.

Doesn't really match, the opinion of the great Clandestine, huh?
    Though I guess that if we should do as you do, I should concider your opinion as the right one, and not the one which someone who actually knows me, seen me, seen my methods, would think.

Screen/paper life is obviously more true, than real life.
    If so, kindly weigh all the variables involved before making rash presumptions and even more rash solutions, humanity will be ever so grateful for the effort. ;)

That is something which should de directed at yourself, m'dear.
    Go back to sleep Thanatos, youre as off base as ever. Questioning one's age is something which anyone even you im sure would do especially given your penchant for dismissing anyone who shows you up as clueless.

Funny, I don't recall him ever doing that. Though maybe you have proof somewhere to back that up?
    I seem to recall snide remarks eminating from your corner toward Whowhere about his two years of Criminal Justice studies as well.

Was this about age? No, I believe not.
    But to clarify for those others who clearly think around here, despite her valid experiences in Israel, 16 yr olds have nevertheless some ways to go (which she herself has admitted) and some further life experience (not to mention education) in order to fit those valid experiences into a comprehensive world view from which to propose solutions to the experiences they have had.

My dear man, can I ask how old you are? Can I ask about your experiences?
    As for now, only I have dished out. Your turn, wouldn't you think?
    Ill stick to the real world with all its faults thank you.
    While the rest of us, would prefere to reduce those faults as much as possible.
    Hey, what about if she read about it on a Bulletin Board? :lol:

I really wish, that it was my only encounter with the mentioned sujects. Life would be so much easier.
    So much easier, having it all from the "popular perspective".

And for the final salute, it's THANATOS, not Thantos.

Just thought that the Danish Girl, should come with a minor correction.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

I really wish, that it was my only encounter with the mentioned sujects. Life would be so much easier.
    So much easier, having it all from the "popular perspective".

And for the final salute, it's THANATOS, not Thantos.

Just thought that the Danish Girl, should come with a minor correction.

You must have had a very hard life indeed. I'm not entirely sure that one would get a "popular perspective" from reading this board. There's a few "unpopular perspectives" that SHOUT VERY LOUDLY!

And thankyou for the correction, its not sopite, its THANATOS!

:thumb:
  • Options

Funny, if you compare that to (translated into English from Danish):
    A good and effective composition you have made. You focuse precisely...
    That's a short extract from the comments I got back, after an analysis assignment recently. Apart from that I was also told that I was very purposive and precise, and that I should probably try to include some scenes, as the "targetting" could be too effectfual

What on earth are you talking about you fool?
  • Options

You must have had a very hard life indeed.

No, merely harsh experiences. I'll survive, but thank you for your concern.
  • Options

And thankyou for the correction, its not sopite, its THANATOS!

:thumb:

Ahaa.....so this other right wing nutjob shall be known as THANATOS from this day forward :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by osmotic

What on earth are you talking about you fool?

No, I go under the name Jacqueline...
    Fool, is a title, which I would be more than happy to give you, if we are starting on nicnames and all.

Clandestine, expressed that he didn't think I was focusing on what was said. So I was showing an example which said just the opposite. An example which says that in reading and analaysing, I am well focused, and manage to hit the target spot on. The fact that I do this without beating about the bush, could be too much though.

That's just the opinion of my teacher though.
    But I guessed that Clandestine would appericiate that opinion more than if I had told him myself, as my teacher has an education and years of experience.
    Just a thought...
  • Options

Ahaa.....so this other right wing nutjob shall be known as THANATOS from this day forward :D

Whoever said that?
    I was merely correcting that spellingwise it was Thanatos and not Thantos.
    Shall I really start nicnaming you as 'Fool'?
  • Options
    Clandestine, expressed that he didn't think I was focusing on what was said. So I was showing an example which said just the opposite. An example which says that in reading and analaysing, I am well focused, and manage to hit the target spot on. The fact that I do this without beating about the bush, could be too much though.

That's just the opinion of my teacher though.

Of course it is :)

Bless :D
  • Options
    I was merely correcting that spellingwise it was Thanatos and not Thantos.
    Shall I really start nicnaming you as 'Fool'?

This just keeps on getting better :D
  • Options

Yes they do :)

So Greengob got any statistics yet? Or are you just a complete bullshitter whose credibility on these boards diminishes on an hourly basis.

Hehehe:D This is going to be fun. Come on Greeny......Post them up......You know it makes sense :crazyeyes

Shall we build it?

Yes we shall :)

(taps fingers on pooter desk)

(whistles)

(checks watch)

(gives the gob 5 minutes to prove that he isn't a lying imbecile and decides to...........)

Still waiting for your money. C'mon, if it's worth it to you, you won't mind poneying up...:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    16 yr olds have nevertheless some ways to go (which she herself has admitted) and some further life experience (not to mention education) in order to fit those valid experiences into a comprehensive world view from which to propose solutions to the experiences they have had.

The same could be said of you...regardless of age.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    The parts of the United States that are the most dangerous are the parts with the most stringent gun control laws. In other words, exactly the opposite of what you claim.
    A case of attempting to close the barn door after the horse has bolted?

Or, put it another way, of taking measures to seal the bottle after the geni [of gun violence] has been released?
  • Options
    Wow... what a compliment. Got my own little pack of trolls following me around. The existence of one old man threatens them so horribly. Guess I must be doing something right...
    Inasmuch as wandering around the boards with a fluorescent 'Kick Me' sign affixed to one's nether regions can be described as something right... ;)
  • Options
    Im sure parts of the USA are safer than the UK. However, the whole of the UK has strict gun control, and there are STILL only 30 crimes per 100,000.
    Your logic, is so flawed it's unbelievable. You believe that because the states in the USA without guns have higher crime than those with, everywhere else must be like it?
    Well, I'm afraid that isn't the case. Just because the USA is powerful, doesn't mean it isn't a fuckup. I can't explain why states with gun controls have higher crimes, but for your logic to mean anything, every other country in the world must have a higher crime rate than the US, and the USA would have the lowest.
    What about:
    France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Spain, Switzerland?

All have tight gun controls, all have much lower levels of crime than the USA.
    And before you say anything about Switzerland, I am aware that they have guns, as you lot oh so smugly pointed out, until we informed you they can't take them on the streets, and are limited to 20 rounds of ammo.

You really have no idea about crime at all. You have no idea about the causes, and the only possible solution, to you is to kill the criminals. Or at least shoot them anyway.
    You have to realise, that the world doesn't model itself on the USA. What goes in the USA, won't go in the UK, because here, people have sense and can tell that the "right to bear arms" is a load of bullshit that should have been dropped 200 years ago.

You Americans take things far too literally and at face value.

Now, if you can rebuff my argument without mentioning your service in the 'Nam, how you carry an Ak-47 or how your grandpappy murdered 5 people, but it was ok because they looked at him the wrong way, or anything else that has nothing to do with the topic of crime in relation to gun control, then bring it on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Im sure parts of the USA are safer than the UK. However, the whole of the UK has strict gun control, and there are STILL only 30 crimes per 100,000.

1. To answer the above. Our country has many more large urban areas (where crime is more rampant)than yours. Also our country is about 100 times larger than yours which contributes to a higher transient population (easier to move to a new location/jurisdiction).

Your logic, is so flawed it's unbelievable. You believe that because the states in the USA without guns have higher crime than those with, everywhere else must be like it?
    Well, I'm afraid that isn't the case. Just because the USA is powerful, doesn't mean it isn't a fuckup. I can't explain why states with gun controls have higher crimes, but for your logic to mean anything, every other country in the world must have a higher crime rate than the US, and the USA would have the lowest.

2. The states with fewer gun controls do have less crime. Might not hold up in europe but it sure holds up in the states.

What about:
    France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Spain, Switzerland?

All have tight gun controls, all have much lower levels of crime than the USA.

3. If you added up all the crime statistics for all of the large urban areas of europe and compared them to the U.S. they would probably be the same.

And before you say anything about Switzerland, I am aware that they have guns, as you lot oh so smugly pointed out, until we informed you they can't take them on the streets, and are limited to 20 rounds of ammo.

You really have no idea about crime at all. You have no idea about the causes, and the only possible solution, to you is to kill the criminals.

4. You stated yourself we have more crime, so using your argument we would have a better understanding of crime and how to deal with it.

Or at least shoot them anyway.
    You have to realise, that the world doesn't model itself on the USA.

5. Nor do we want you to.

What goes in the USA, won't go in the UK, because here, people have sense and can tell that the "right to bear arms" is a load of bullshit that should have been dropped 200 years ago.

6. Sure than we would still be part of the Commonwealth. Much poorer and much smaller. The framers of our Constitution wanted us to always have the means to protect our liberties, either from a foreign power or an unjust government (yours in 1776 was unjust). The war started in 1776 because of the lobsterbacks attempting to disarm the colonists/rebels. It is one of our rights. Telling people that they cannot defend themselves is a violation of basic human rights.

7. Damn we have been doing pretty good so far. Guess your jealous because you can only shoot video guns on your playstation.
  • Options

Yup. Subjugation and surrender are so preferable to the dignity of freedom. It puts you on a higher moral plane to be a willing and self designated victim. A martyr for your beliefs.

Three possible conclusions can be drawn from such bollocks. Either:

- You live in an extremely dangerous and hostile place, where anyone who is not armed will be murdered sooner or later for no apparent reason. In such place having a gun can make a difference, but at the cost of having to live in a Wild West-like atmosphere of mistrust with people walking around with concealed guns and assault rifles on the back of their tracks. A hybrid combination of Sarajevo, Beirut and a shooting gallery, and every man for himself.

- You live in a place like most others in the Western world, where there is a small chance that during your lifetime someone will try to rob you of your wallet, almost certainly armed with nothing more lethal than a folding knife, and you and everyone who walks around armed don't have the balls to confront such situation without the backup of a gun.

- You, and anyone who carries a gun (let alone an AK-47 assault rifle) everywhere is taking advantage of US gun laws and carry guns for kicks, misplaced bravado and a desire to shoot people dead should the excuse arise.

Not carrying a gun might make you a 'willing and self designated' victim where you live, but outside your Billy The Kid world this is just plain bollocks. And so is your concept of freedom. Living in a European country I think I enjoy more freedom at any level than an American citizen (apart from the 'freedom' to carry devices designed to kill human beings on the street, that is). And I think I can handle myself should I ever find myself in a hostile situation. I'm starting to believe you don't have confidence in yourself and are afraid to get out of your house without a firearm. Is that the case perhaps? All those big bad people out there scare you?
  • Options
    I can't explain why states with gun controls have higher crimes, but for your logic to mean anything, every other country in the world must have a higher crime rate than the US, and the USA would have the lowest.

You can't explain it? But reality cannot be allowed to taint your emotionalism, right?

You missed Greenhats point, completely. In case your education has completely glossed over the point, there exists in different nations, different cultures. In order to test a certain theory - scientifically - you must exert controls. To study the effects of firearm possession upon crime, look for the effects within a single culture, as in, within the US, at locales with and without restrictions upon firearm possession.

But then, the reality rather flies in the face of the prejudice you have been force-fed, doesn't it?

Cannot explain it? Must be the will of God, right? Devine intervention, a miracle... ;) or Allah... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    What goes in the USA, won't go in the UK, because here, people have sense and can tell that the "right to bear arms" is a load of bullshit that should have been dropped 200 years ago.

Yup. Subjugation and surrender are so preferable to the dignity of freedom. It puts you on a higher moral plane to be a willing and self designated victim. A martyr for your beliefs.

Ever consider conversion to Islam?

Face value? George Orwell would simply love you. Which culture do you think he was writing about?

Face value? Just keep remembering, up is down, left is right, hot is cold, or whatever Big Brother tells you in a moment, whether it contradicts reality - or the moment just past - or not.

ostr.gif
  • Options
    Has onenatcons been banned?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    - You live in a place like most others in the Western world, where there is a small chance that during your lifetime someone will try to rob you of your wallet, almost certainly armed with nothing more lethal than a folding knife,

A folding knife will kill you, and dead is dead. There are no degrees of it, nor are there any degrees of "lethality" when it comes to individuals.

And statistics have been published in the last 5 years that claim that every woman in Europe will be the victim of violent crime in her lifetime. Don't know whether it is true or not, but its a damn sight different than your "small chance". Of course if it truly was a small chance, it would be rare for any of us to know anyone who had been a victim of a violent crime. So how about a poll?

How many of the posters here know a victim of a violent crime?

How many of the posters here know no one who has been the victim of a violent crime (assaulted, raped, molested, attacked, stabbed, robbed with the threat of a weapon, or shot).

Oh, Whowhere. Since you think what you posted was logical, may I point out that those countries you named all have a higher rate of suicide than the United States. Guess not having guns causes people to kill themselves. :rolleyes: Oh, yes, that was sarcasm..applying logic using your rules (I suggest you enroll in logic and symbolic logic).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

may I point out that those countries you named all have a higher rate of suicide than the United States. Guess not having guns causes people to kill themselves. :rolleyes: Oh, yes, that was sarcasm..applying logic using your rules (I suggest you enroll in logic and symbolic logic).

Wouldn't you want to kill yourself if you were French? :D

I don't know anyone who has been successfully attacked or robbed. My friend and his brother were surrounded by 4 tossers from the rough part of town. My friend and his brother beat the shit out of the ringleader and the others ran off.

I was threatened for my wallet. I was sitting down at the time, so I stood up and told the wanker to fuck off. Being half as big as me the wanker decided he wouldn't last as long against me as he thought so he buggered off.
    Sure, I was shit scared, he could have pulled a knife on me, but then the chances are he knew if he did he would be facing a lot of prison time.

Neither me, or my friend have ever felt the need to carry a weapon, and I live in a city which has supposedly the highest instances of violent crime in Britain.

Yes, I agree there are cultural differences, but would be robbers are usually all talk, no balls. Surely you should know that. If you threaten to beat the shit out of them, or act like a complete schizo, no matter what country it is they'll probably go hassle a tourist.

And no I've never considered conversion to Islam, I never will. Why, have you?
  • Options

My friend and his brother were surrounded by 4 tossers from the rough part of town. My friend and his brother beat the shit out of the ringleader and the others ran off.

I was threatened for my wallet.

So, there is the first instance knowing of someone who is the victim of violent crime.
  • Options
    Not quite a victim...
  • Options
    Not quite a victim...

Assault isn't a crime in England? Didn't you say that your friend and his brother beat the shit out of someone?
  • Options
    Assault is threatening to do violence, Battery is actually doing physical harm, another oversight eh?, oh source of all knowledge and truth :p