Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Firefly-86 wrote: »
    Just a question. Is there nothing you wish to live for? I mean the only reason I can continue sometimes is because there is still someone i'd like to meet and i dont know how it would be explained to my grandparents if i did do it. I hope you feel better soon.

the only reason i keep going is because i couldnt do it to the person who found my body-to haunt them with the image of it is something i am not able to do-i have come so close so many times-so many tries that were so pathetic-like myself-i cant even kill myself properly
  • Options
    :yes:

Whenever I felt low, I would write a list of things I wanted to do before I died. For example, I want to do a bungee jump, see my brother married etc. Things that can't be achieved overnight.

Wow :) That's a really good idea, I never thought about doing that, I msy try that next time :)

The things that keep me going are, for example, meeting Rich and Marie at some point and getting into teaching :)
  • Options
    the only reason i keep going is because i couldnt do it to the person who found my body-to haunt them with the image of it is something i am not able to do-i have come so close so many times-so many tries that were so pathetic-like myself-i cant even kill myself properly

If you ever want to talk then it's absolutely fine to PM me, if you want I can PM you my MSN address too.

I have another reason for you to keep going: Even though I don't know you in real life as it were, from what i've read from your posts, I think you are a lovely, kind, wam hearted person, and I would be disappointed and upset if you ended it all, you can get through hun xx
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    your-babe wrote: »
    Wow :) That's a really good idea, I never thought about doing that, I msy try that next time :)

The things that keep me going are, for example, meeting Rich and Marie at some point and getting into teaching :)

I used to put my list(s) on the wall so that I could look at it when I needed to and it was there for whenever I needed to add to it. It worked for me :)
  • Options
    I used to put my list(s) on the wall so that I could look at it when I needed to and it was there for whenever I needed to add to it. It worked for me :)

Thankyou, I shall do that next time, it sounds like a fantastic idea :)
  • Options

There is still hope for you. Even when you are like this you are still thinking about others. You are a good person if you could but believe it. Same as Your-babe has said you can PM me or MSN or whatever I always have found it helps to talk to other people even if its just to take your mind off it.
  • Options
    Hyper Person - you may find www.nshn.co.uk & www.recoveryourlife.com useful.

Please don't kill yourself.
  • Options
    theres no point going on-im a rubbish person-theres nothing good in me-i just cant do it though-i just cant end it all-im so pathetic
  • Options
    Ever feel like you're falling, and can't stop yourself? It's proper bollocks. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.
  • Options
    Ever feel like you're falling, and can't stop yourself? It's proper bollocks. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Yep, feeling exactly the same right now. Hang on in there though, I'm hoping that it'll get to the point where it can only get better, though right now I doubt that'll be the case. Take care xx
  • Options
    i know its difficult but you know you can do it-i believe in you-im not gonna say oh you have to stop cos that wont help but just keep trying if you can-something i said already to your-babe but thought id share with others to help-hope it at least makes you think-i know its hard-i harmed today-this evening-its just not easy
  • Options
    Liv wrote: »
    Yep, feeling exactly the same right now. Hang on in there though, I'm hoping that it'll get to the point where it can only get better, though right now I doubt that'll be the case. Take care xx

Sorry to hear that.

Just feel so lonely. So pathetic. I really can't do this anymore.
  • Options
    im hear if you need to just talk
  • Options
    i know its difficult but you know you can do it-i believe in you-im not gonna say oh you have to stop cos that wont help but just keep trying if you can-something i said already to your-babe but thought id share with others to help-hope it at least makes you think-i know its hard-i harmed today-this evening-its just not easy

It's not easy at all, I fucking hate this feeling. I just hate being on my own, at least that's how I feel. I NEED and HAVE to stop harming to get better for uni, yet I can't fucking do it. It shows how much of a failure I really am.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, guys.

I'm feeling alright now for some bizzare reason. And I haven't cut myself/thought about it for 8 days now.:)
  • Options
    im hear if you need to just talk

Thankyou, I appreciate it, if I'm honest I don't have a clue what I want, apart from a strong drink, and a break from myself.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, guys.

I'm feeling alright now for some bizzare reason. And I haven't cut myself/thought about it for 8 days now.:)

That's so good to hear Sofie, you should be so proud :) Keep it up :) xx
  • Options
    It's not easy at all, I fucking hate this feeling. I just hate being on my own, at least that's how I feel. I NEED and HAVE to stop harming to get better for uni, yet I can't fucking do it. It shows how much of a failure I really am.

you are not a failure-whatever happens your not-i know you feel pressured but dont let that push you away from what your doing-your too good for that

sofie-glad to hear that
  • Options

You'll be okay, you've been through a lot the last few weeks, but seeing as you've got this far you can do it. Chuck yourself head first into your studies, even if you dont want too, I did it last year and it really helped. And yes the falling feeling is proper bollocks, I've been there many times myself. xx
  • Options
    your-babe, you are not a failure, you shouldn't think that of yourself. We all go through hard times, it's not a crime. I know how hard it is to stop, I haven't done it in 3 weeks but the urges are just so strong now. I hope this makes you see you're not alone.
    And hyper-person, thanks for the support and everything, just don't understand the point in feeling like this or why I am, I used to be such a happy person, wish I could be her again.
  • Options
    Thankyou, I appreciate it, if I'm honest I don't have a clue what I want, apart from a strong drink, and a break from myself.

Having a strong drink can help in the short term, but dont overdo it as it will make you feel worse. I want a break from myself
    quite a bit as well, those days when you just want your head to shut the hell up and leave you alone.
  • Options
    You'll be okay, you've been through a lot the last few weeks, but seeing as you've got this far you can do it. Chuck yourself head first into your studies, even if you dont want too, I did it last year and it really helped. And yes the falling feeling is proper bollocks, I've been there many times myself. xx

True, I didn't think of it in that light, it's just all getting too much though. I just want to disappear somewhere. I will try to do some work tonight, seeing I have the deadline tomorrow, it's near enough done thou.
  • Options
    Having a strong drink can help in the short term, but dont overdo it as it will make you feel worse. I want a break from myself
    quite a bit as well, those days when you just want your head to shut the hell up and leave you alone.

That sounds so familiar. I can't stnad it that I feel like I can't get through this. May have one or two drinks, need something.
  • Options
    just hope you feel better-remember im here if you need to talk-know what it is to feel so low-to feel like you need something just to get you through
  • Options
    just hope you feel better-remember im here if you need to talk-know what it is to feel so low-to feel like you need something just to get you through

Thankyou I appreciate it, I just feel like a burden sometimes.
  • Options
    That sounds so familiar. I can't stnad it that I feel like I can't get through this. May have one or two drinks, need something.

Try and finish your work and have a couple of drinks as a reward. Its fine to have bad days, in no way are you a burden. People care and want to see you happy. Talking it out is always good, if you bottle it up it only gets worse, trust me.
  • Options

you are not a burden i promise you-i wouldnt offer if i thought that-you've been there for me and its my turn to be there for you and everyone else
  • Options

There's no way that's true, you're just having a hard time and that's what we're all here for, to support each other. I really hope you start to feel better soon xx
  • Options
    Try and finish your work and have a couple of drinks as a reward. Its fine to have bad days, in no way are you a burden. People care and want to see you happy. Talking it out is always good, if you bottle it up it only gets worse, trust me.

Thankyou to Liv and Hyper too. That's a good idea about using the drink as a reward, think I'll do that. Just made myself a cup of 'calming' tea, and having a yoghurt which I brought as a treat, just need to calm myself down and get back into things, I can't harm tonight.
  • Options
    if you feel the urge either talk to me or try and distract yourself-if you do harm(which im sure you wont) its a slip up they happen it doesnt make you a failure or a bad person(i know ive said that about myself but its different).