Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks. I hope it gets better for you soon as well.
  • Options
    grr, so irritable, want to do pain and hurt stuff.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    grr, so irritable, want to do pain and hurt stuff.

whats wrong?
  • Options
    Dunno, just really aggravated with everything at the moment. Like I'm only just keeping it together, and i mean physically. It's hard to explain, but just full of energy with no way of expending it.
  • Options
    Hyper - is there anyone else that you can see? Like I mentioned before, you could always ring the Samaritans and talk to them instead. I've never tried the phone line but I have used the email system before and the response that I got back each time was very useful.

Sofie/Liv - if I'm honest, there never will be a 'right time' to stop. It's like anything that takes a little (or in this case, a large amount) of will power. In the same way as people always put diets off 'til tomorrow, and alcoholics are always just gonna have one last drink, you'll always tell yourself that you'll give up SH next week. If you're genuinely not ready to stop, then don't BUT, if you think you want to give it a go, and it does seem that way from your posts, then don't worry what other people have to say. You can do this. Of course you'll have setbacks BUT every day that you go without cutting is a step forward. Take it one step at a time.

your-babe - Out of interest, why do you need to go to Uni? Have you considered how stressful going to Uni is and do you honestly think that this is the right time for you to go? I don't want to sound like a bitch but I've seen what happens when people go to Uni when they're not quite mentally ready for it. I'm sure that you've thought it through. Try not to pin all your hopes on going either. You don't want to set yourself up for a big downer if all doesn't go to plan. Best of luck whatever happens though and I'm sorry if what I've said seems harsh. I'm not very eloquent tonight.

Fiend - resist, resist, resist. Go punch pillows .... not walls!! Hugs.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Dunno, just really aggravated with everything at the moment. Like I'm only just keeping it together, and i mean physically. It's hard to explain, but just full of energy with no way of expending it.

just a suggestion but maybe do some exercise like go for a jog or box a pillow.
  • Options
    grrrrrrr, will go to bed soon, hopefully that will be easy to do.

eta: Jonny, I've already had training today, so it's not that I'm physically needing to work it off.
  • Options
    hope you feel better fiend :)

ETA:Just a guess but maybe your still worked up about stress and the buzz from the workout is still there. I sleep when I feel weird so it'll probably work for you too.
  • Options
    loopi-i dont know anymore-i dont know anything anymore-i just dont feel able to open up about my past

sorry
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »
    your-babe - Out of interest, why do you need to go to Uni? Have you considered how stressful going to Uni is and do you honestly think that this is the right time for you to go? I don't want to sound like a bitch but I've seen what happens when people go to Uni when they're not quite mentally ready for it. I'm sure that you've thought it through. Try not to pin all your hopes on going either. You don't want to set yourself up for a big downer if all doesn't go to plan. Best of luck whatever happens though and I'm sorry if what I've said seems harsh. I'm not very eloquent tonight.

I need to go to uni to get my teaching degree. I know that uni will be stressful, and I don't know if it will be the right time for me to go if I'm honest. I've got into 2 uni's which is good I guess.

Really can't do this anymore.
  • Options
    jordy wrote: »
    I feel so frustrated.

I have an appointment with my counsellor on Friday. Its the fourth one. Usually they are only six sessions long, however she said she'l try and extend them a bit. However, i feel like everything is so rushed, and that i can't tell her everything i feel due to the time frame.

Its stressin me out so much that i think im cutting more now, than before i started the whole thing. Ive also started burning, which is something ive never done before. I don't know whether to just give up now. It doesnt seem to be making me any better.

:crying:

Maybe she will be able to refer you on to another service where you can be seen longer term.
  • Options
    thats really good, your-babe.
    (I mean about the uni places)
  • Options
    thats really good, your-babe.
    (I mean about the uni places)

thankyou :)
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    I need to go to uni to get my teaching degree. I know that uni will be stressful, and I don't know if it will be the right time for me to go if I'm honest. I've got into 2 uni's which is good I guess.

Really can't do this anymore.

Do you have to go this year? Could you defer it, even for just a year, and use that time to sort things out, and feel more prepared and able to deal with the stress? Its just an idea. *Hugs* xx
  • Options
    Much as I know Rich is gonna read this and shout at me for it...

I am a crap girlfriend.

I don't know why he puts up with me.

I wish I was a better person, really I do.

Fucking...meh. Moodswings. Fucking great.

:(
  • Options
    Do you have to go this year? Could you defer it, even for just a year, and use that time to sort things out, and feel more prepared and able to deal with the stress? Its just an idea. *Hugs* xx

Thing is I've applied and been accepted, so I don't know where I stand now. I'll just have to learn with the stress I think :) xx
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    Thing is I've applied and been accepted, so I don't know where I stand now. I'll just have to learn with the stress I think :) xx
    You can usually defer late in the process. I un-deferred, and I left it 'til results day to do so!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Maybe she will be able to refer you on to another service where you can be seen longer term.

I never thought about that. That might be what i need. At present i feel as if i am going nowhere because its all too rushed for me to say how i really feel.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    You can usually defer late in the process. I un-deferred, and I left it 'til results day to do so!

That's good, thankyou xx
  • Options
    why cant i get over this?-im sorry
    seeing the counsellor has put everything back so much-it means i cant just hide away from all my problems-why do i make it so easy for people to use me

sorry
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »

I thought you could do it once you had applied, been accepted etc. Having never gone through UCAS my knowledge is a bit patchy for uni applications.
    your-babe wrote:
    I'll just have to learn with the stress I think
    Coping with your stress is always a good thing to be able to do. I know your having a pretty hard time at the moment, but things will get better. I'm 21 and I still cant manage my stress levels very well once they get past a certain level. x
  • Options
    why dont things ever seem to get any easier?!

I wish i wasnt me
  • Options
    why dont things ever seem to get any easier?!

I wish i wasnt me

It will get easier. It always does. You just have to hang in there and have faith that things will sort themselves out.

Why would you want to be anyone else? You're you, you have your own soul, your own way to look out at the universe. You really don't want to be someone else. It's far better t be happy in your own skin than jump into someone else's.
  • Options
    my life

i have been trying to end it all i have tryed everything it all started when i lost my mum at 17 years old i am now 18 and i have to run a flat pay bills and look after myself i am now 18 and i still miss my mum and dont want to be here so life has been hard.
  • Options
    matthew k wrote: »
    i have been trying to end it all i have tryed everything it all started when i lost my mum at 17 years old i am now 18 and i have to run a flat pay bills and look after myself i am now 18 and i still miss my mum and dont want to be here so life has been hard.

Hello and welcome to the site.

Do you have anyone you can talk to? Even if it's just a friend? Sorry to hear about your mum.
  • Options
    Hello Matthew

welcome to the site...sorry to hear about your mum i know your thinking there is nothing around the cornor but try and ride out the storm for as long as you can...u should talk to people as much as possible and find out in your local area what support groups there is you could attend..sometimes meeting people in a similar situation to yourself is the best way to deal with things..
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

Hiya

First step, I think, is to visit your GP. You need some help. Just overcoming the death of your mum will be a hard enough thing to do in the first place, without needing to worry about running a flat and the joys that go with it. They will hopefully be able to arrange some sort of counselling / assistance.

Establish some sort of support network - a few friends that you can phone as and when needed; people you can just pop round and see. If you have started to sever ties with them, repair them. It's so easy, when ill, to avoid seeing friends but now is the time you need them the most.

What about family? Is there other members of your family you can turn to? Or was it just you and your mum? If there are other members of your family (siblings, aunts, uncles, anybody who knew your mum) then meet them - remember, they are grieving too. This may help as you will have a common ground. If you don't have family you can turn to, then your friends are the most important support network.

If there is nobody else you can turn to, then stick around here. We are a friendly sort of bunch and you will be welcome to PM most of the regs on here (I've been terrible and not been in this thread recently). My PM box is always there. I'm not always online but I promise I will respond. If not, there is jo@samaritans.org or you can phone the samaritans too on 08457 90 90 90 (or 1850 60 90 90 if you are republic of ireland).

Good luck with it all.
  • Options

hey matthew

welcome-sorry to here about everything youve been through-if you need to vent anything we're all here for you and i agree with everything that everyone else has said

take care

xxx
  • Options
    Hey Matthew, just to say that you're very welcome here, no-one's about to judge you. Sorry to hear about everything you've had to go through. My PM bow is always open. Take care of yourself xx
  • Options
    Everything is poo.

I'm going to fail.

Being constantly close to tears is not a nice feeling.

Bugger it.

It's annoying me even more that I want to do SOMETHING but I don't want to do anything really bad like burning myself, but that I appear to have mislaid my fucking arsing wanking compass :grump:.